1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Vote for Shotbow!

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Navarr, Feb 26, 2016.

No Prefix - Vote for Shotbow!
  1. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    [IMG]

Vote for the Shotbow Network! (links below)

Voting for Shotbow on Planet Minecraft and MC Servers is something each and every one of us should do! It helps out the Network a ton by increasing visibility!

I'm sure every one of you enjoys Shotbow's many fun games, which the entire staff team puts a ton of effort into! With the staff putting in so much effort, the least you can do is help Shotbow out a little bit and get us more well known! There's a lot of exciting stuff coming soon for Shotbow, so be sure to spread the word in any way you can! Social media, friends, etc!

If you need ways to remind yourself to vote, you can set daily reminders, bookmark the voting page, or even better, make it so the voting page comes up when you start your browser!

Shotbowに投票しよう!(リンクは下にあります)

Planet Minecraft・MC Serversの内どれかには投票のご協力をお願いします!
    あなたの投票が大きな力となり、サーバーへの助けとなります。そして、サーバーとしての視野を増大させることが出来るようになります!

我々は皆さんがShotbowでたくさんのゲームをプレイしていることを知っています。そして、それに全スタッフチームは多くの力をつぎ込みます!
    それだけの努力をしているスタッフとあなたがすることができるせめてものことは、Shotbowを少しでも助け、Shotbowをより有名にすることです!
    わくわくするようなものがShotbowへ来る!貴方がすることの出来るどんな方法でもいいのでShotbowに関連する色々な事を広めるようにしてください!外部サイト・友達など...
    「投票するか...」と思った時にリンク直ぐに開けて投票ができるように、ブックマークしたりするのもいい方法だと思います!

2. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
  3. Haichao Platinum

XP:
    360,442xp
    If you are wondering where the vote button on MC Forum is either disable your Adblock or click here for the direct vote link.
  4. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp
    Can we get unblocked links like another server I play on has I would like to vote at school :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    If you want to access these at school, you can use a proxy by googling "free web proxy", and see which ones are unblocked. Then, enter the URL into the URL bar and hit enter, then you should be able to vote from school if the wifi blocks certain websites.
    Tonkotsuramen921 and uMerxyy like this.
  6. Mr_Scarface Silver

XP:
    21,888xp
    Love this free XP!
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  7. pochineko Platinum

XP:
    2,129xp
    We cant vote for Shotbow and get XP ... :(
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  8. steakeater37 Regular Member

XP:
    11,688xp
    I voted but i didn't get any new xp. I need help to know how to get the 200 xp bcuz I already voted
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  9. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    I'm sorry. That was a mistake. I have modified the post

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Tonkatsu129 and DutchBartje like this.
  10. SOCKGODJESUS Regular Member

XP:
    9,052xp
    You should begin by putting the voting links in the server announcements in-game. The Server could really re-grow if it simply got more votes again. If you see this please take it into consideration. I don't want this server to die.
  11. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp
    Voting rewards can now return as they are no longer against EULA. Recently Microsoft partnered up with a few servers for the "Better Together Update" and one of these servers has voting rewards that can get you in game items and kits as well as cosmetics. I doubt Microsoft would partner up with a server that goes against their terms of service so I believe there are no more EULA problems with voting! :)
  12. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    I may be wrong, but Microsoft/Mojang have the power to override the EULA for specific servers, just as they did for Shotbow (and then revoked it). So, it might still be in effect for other servers such as Shotbow. We won't risk violating the EULA if it's not written in the rules itself.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  13. Cole5slaw Platinum

XP:
    116,195xp

Is it against the EULA to reward cosmetics for voting, just not in-game currency like XP?
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  14. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    "If you give anything in return for voting for your server, such as “Vote tokens” or other items, the same restrictions apply as for hard currency (real money). Giving soft currency in return for voting is not allowed. You can, however, have a “vote goal” (similar to a donation goal) and give the same item/perk (cosmetic or not) to all players currently online (regardless if they have voted or not)." - [the only comment I found about the voting]
    I guess that means you can't give anything to individual players for voting but it doesn't make it really clear. However this voting goals seem interesting since stuff like double xp weekends after reaching a certain amount of votes in a week could be a thing. I guess some special stuff on the website like a banner could also be a reward for voting a lot.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  15. thrpyke Regular Member

XP:
    3,039xp
    this is just telling them to vote but its not OMg PLZ VUTE WE WIL GIV U 100000000000 COINS IFF U VOTE FOR USSSSS
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  16. sumbichesyo Platinum

XP:
    540,286xp
    huh?
    ChickenMac7 likes this.
  17. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp
    The one other large server network that went along with the rumors about voting rewards being against EULA reintroduced voting rewards a few weeks ago. I highly doubt that voting rewards being against EULA was true ever. The problem was more with "vote tokens" that people made where you could buy ranks with 3000 votes and these ranks would have non EULA compliant features such as kits and special commands. They used this to justify selling ranks with non EULA complaint features. Voting rewards would do wonders for the server I believe so I think it would be a good idea to bring them back in some form whether it be the xp reward or merely some cosmetic items.
  18. Me17228 Regular Member

XP:
    1,452xp
    are there any other voting sites? we should post a link if there are!
    _Swipe likes this.
  19. faekit Silver

XP:
    22,432xp

I think a double xp weekend voting goal is a great idea!

If you do this, voting will make the server more visible on websites acquiring new players and current players will be more likely to play during a double xp weekend, overall increasing the likelihood of a healthier playerbase. Especially if this became a reoccuring thing where voting attained goals like the double xp weekend, you could increase voting goals over time and if they are successfully met each time, you can slowly acquire a larger and larger playerbase. I'm not sure how much of a priority that is for shotbow staff, but I can't see how it would be a bad thing.

If Shotbow wanted, y'all could try and make referral rewards if that's allowed, where referring new players to the server would give rewards to the player referring new people. I think things like this that encourage people to invite their friends and attempt to build a larger playerbase is overall good for the health and longevity of the server. :heart:
    Goliac likes this.