1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Announcement Class Update

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Murgatron, May 27, 2017.

Announcement - Class Update | Page 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mycins Silver

XP:
    19,473xp
    and not to mention we only spawn with 16 arrows. How are we expected to get enough arrows for 90 kills? That's going to be impossible. Then you're going to have to also survive. Getting a Kill: Death ratio of 90:0 is impossible.

Robin Hood isn't really viable late game (less players) nor early game (because you need to gear up in order to get some kills)

2. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Oh wow, cronos is back? And you guys made tinkerer even better? I might come back- I hope the community is healthy.
    lnfuse and LegendaryAlex like this.
  3. Gaigele Regular Member

XP:
    15,548xp
    I understand the point behind Robin Hood having weakness is so he can't grab a broken sword and farm kills until his bow actually becomes decent.

But still, there is something about a PvP centered class that is built around bow spamming that doesn't sit well with me.
  4. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Actually only bow kills count towards his bow upgrading, not melee kills :)
  5. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    Will there be space for other classes? I see a lot of good class suggestions but they're not looked at. By the way, is robin hood even posted on the fourms?
    Hinge15J likes this.
  6. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    LOLCringe likes this.
  7. Charshie Regular Member

XP:
    500xp
    Nice super excited that you guys made some updates! Can't wait to see what else you will do. Now you just need to remove Coastal, Canyons, and Castle
  8. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    Hinge15J likes this.
  9. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    Haha :D
  10. sumbichesyo Platinum

XP:
    540,286xp
    I like archer better than Robinhood. With robinhood, you have weakness, and you don't have an arrow drop
    IceInTheseVeins likes this.
  11. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    You're asking to remove the first and most popular maps how dare you! :eek:
  12. Charshie Regular Member

XP:
    500xp
    They suck
    Keyboard likes this.
  13. Gaigele Regular Member

XP:
    15,548xp
    You going to tell us that Cherokee or any of the the other maps are any better?
    Coastal is probably the most balanced map in the entire game. No gimmicks, and it does just about everything right.

Tested it this morning and can confirm. All the more reason to have it removed; a class that is advertised for "people who want to get right into the PvP" should not be gimped in the primary PvP action. Plus, his kit is so underwhelming that the weakness isn't even warranted balance-wise.
  14. Kelestami Platinum

XP:
    548,288xp
    I agree with the comments here that even though Robin Hood class already had its kill counts lowered, it still needs to be cut down to about 2/5ths the kill count requirement to be viable in a game. I also believe it needs another ability to separate the class from regularly enchanting a bow--poison not withstanding. What is Robin Hood famous for in folklore? Robbing the rich and giving to the poor. What if, upon hitting an enemy with an arrow, the class gave a 10 percent chance to make the enemy drop an item from their inventory? Or a 5 percent chance to make them drop an equipped item? Rob them, take the stuff, and give it to a poor teammate. Just throwing out ideas.
    Catsage and LegendaryAlex like this.
  15. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    Do you ever think before you say things? Coastal and Canyon have the worst designed nexuses in the game. They have one singular choke point. And if it wasn't easy enough to hold a single tunnel, they're also both spiral staircases. Makes for some good, lag free pvp experiences!

If Canyons and Skylands weren't the first maps ever submitted, I guarantee that they wouldn't be accepted into the game. If Coastal wasn't literally the map used since alpha, people wouldn't support it. People hate change. That's the only reason they support maps that were hastily thrown together like Coastal and Canyons. Because they've been there the longest.
  16. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    I don't understand...Collis had a ton of votes as did AnniZ. Why were neither of them added?
    Hinge15J likes this.
  17. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    I guess because those 2 had the most votes and they cant add too many maps.
    At least that is what I am assuming :eek:
  18. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Well more maps should have also been removed from the rotation.

I also very rarely see someone say "Can we have castaway back"
    LOLCringe likes this.
  19. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    +1
    We played these maps for about 3ish years. They became t he most popular maps and we couldn't play much of valleys, amazon ect. I like the new map rotation, it allows all maps to be played
    Charshie likes this.
  20. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Alright besides that the maps, I've been playing around with robin hood for a bit, but it is still worse than archer. Archer is better because it doesn't have weakness and it does more damage than a level 1 robin hood bow. I have also come to realize that even after two games I have only gotten to level 2 once. It is incredibly hard to get to the next rank. I agree with whoever wrote down it should be reduced by about 2/5.

I would not buy this class. I would still invest in better classes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.