1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Dentril's New Moon - May 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, May 1, 2017.

Dentril's New Moon - May 2017
  1. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    [IMG]

It has really been a crazy month hasn’t it. The one thing you almost assuredly believed would not happen did.
    Shotbow updated to 1.9.

Over a year of making sure the worst bugs were fixed, attempting to find a proper launch window, and all manner of other craziness - Shotbow did the one thing they were threatening to do.

And there was much.. Conflicted feelings.

Either way, we’ve released the 1.9 update to the network - 1.7 and 1.8 clients can no longer connect, and 1.9/1.10/1.11 clients should be able to connect without issue. Hopefully future updates will be less of a massive jump. This means you should expect us to drop 1.9 support in the future.

It’s always been this way for Shotbow. I mean, we certainly didn’t release MineZ (June 25, 2012) on 1.7. We released it on 1.2 and we’ve been updating and dropping versions since. Now, we’ve finally dropped support for 1.7 (Oct 2013 - June 2014).

And with that, we move on to the rest of this month’s news.

New Updates
    Mine Theft Auto: The High-end Update

Teased back in October, Mine Theft Auto has finally (with the release of 1.9 across Shotbow) had the opportunity to release their big update. With a new, powerful helicopter police AI, riot shields, gang houses, dungeons, and more (DUAL WIELDING!) it’s probably the best time to check out Mine Theft Auto.
    Read More in the Mine Theft Auto forums.

MineZ: Origins - Part 1

Another large update to the MineZ World - bringing with it dungeons, lore, new locations, and new mobs - and this is only part 1. A lot of work has gone into nailing down what the dungeon experience is supposed to be and this new update offers a marked improvement over what The Secret Update changed in the dungeon experience. Get out there and explore!
    Read More in the MineZ Origins Part 1 Changelog

Slaughter
    Many were unhappy that Slaughter was not immediately available upon release. We worked out a few large kinks and are pleased to say that Slaughter is now available to play!
    Read More in the Slaughter 1.9 Changelog

Annihilation: The Classes Update
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd36CzfUi9e40YedZhOen3HZY6vkvLR6r
    Not yet released - the Shotbow staff has been live streaming and holding closed betas of the first update to Annihilation post 1.9. This update has been in planning for as long as we’ve been waiting to update to 1.9 and the team is very excited to release it. After all, games tend to stagnate over time and we’re hoping to inject some more fun right back into Annihilation. This update includes some new classes and some modifications to many of the existing classes.
    Read More in the Annihilation Beta Feedback Thread

Non-Update Information
    SMASH
    Previous potential 1.9 releases were held up by SMASH not being completely ready - so when this latest window of opportunity presented itself, we went ahead and released without SMASH. We are not yet prepared to place SMASH in the garage - as the game is very important to us - but we are working on ironing out the bugs with SMASH so it can come back very soon. So it’s in the garage but not quite long term storage, if you know what I mean.

Qubion
    Qubion is not quite in the same situation as SMASH. Due to the unique nature of Qubion, and the large world size, it’s a little harder to get the update going while Qubion continued in its previous version. Our developers are working on bringing Qubion up to speed while keeping the existing world and ranks.

MineZ 2
    Sadly due to the new developer’s disappearance, and the massive amount of work MineZ 2 is in general, coupled with our lean, volunteer team, we had to make the decision to place MineZ 2 in the long-term storage section of The Garage. For all intents and purposes, MineZ 2 is now over. It is possible it may make a return in the future, but unlikely with the same game data and mechanics.

The Weekly Arrow
    BAM. GONE. Sorry, but I don’t ever want to go back to writing a weekly changelog that people mostly visit for the XP Codes. So this is our new format - a monthly little newsletter that gives you some brief updates and points you to where you can find out more. Internally we’re going to encourage posting large update information straight to the homepage here, and individual forums will likely contain smaller changelogs - making the necessity of a weekly changelog unnecessary.

The Coming Moon
    You should expect this next month to continue its focus on bug fixing, with additional time being put into the next Origins update by the build team, and the coming Annihilation updates by the development team. We do not currently have any expectation of launching these updates within the coming month, but it is where our team will be putting their time.

Dentril's New Moon image provided courtesy of Mistri

2. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Not only the shotbow staff :wink:
    Dont forget us :stuck_out_tongue:

What do you mean with this? :eek:
  3. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,119xp
    #rez

SM-G900H cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
  4. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    Only that as Minecraft keeps updating, we will eventually have to drop support for 1.9 so we can stay up-to-date with the current versions.
  5. FPSHater Obsidian

XP:
    174,528xp
    coolpvp
    Fluffoon and NotSwipe like this.
  6. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Aha, nice I like that a lot :)
  7. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
    Good shit guys, hopefully Origins part 2 makes minez fun again
    Sam_F_, LOLCringe and Fluffoon like this.
  8. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    Isn't it fun now? New dungeons , new places , new lore , zombies became harder... I think this update is great already , with part 2's release it's going to be even better
  9. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    Thank god
    Fluffoon likes this.
  10. Creeperker Ruby

XP:
    1,944,942xp
    #HYPESHOTBOW
  11. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    Sam_F_ and Fluffoon like this.
  12. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    Where's the XP code at?
  13. Creeperker Ruby

XP:
    1,944,942xp
    Follow @ShotbowNetwork on Twitter to check info.
    Fluffoon likes this.
  14. _BrightDarkness_ SMASH Mini Admin

XP:
    2,175,184xp
    I hope smash will be up and ready very soon. :D
    Fluffoon likes this.
  15. Lil_Jeffy_com Platinum

XP:
    897,183xp
    hi

epic.
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  16. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    A lot of new dungeons.

Two new towns

Lore related to dungeons

Zombies do a minimal amount of damage, still haven't died to one

Yeah, I really hope this origins part 2 is going to make Minez fun.
  17. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp
    Shit actually got done, good job.
    Fluffoon likes this.
  18. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    ._.
  19. ThePandemos Platinum

XP:
    30,182xp
    We... ur... we still get XP codes, right?

I mean, I'd have it hidden in code somewhere on the post/picture. Cause I'm awesome. That's not relevant, it's just true.

BUT, seeing as we've updated... time to head back into MineZ, and kick some bandit arse.

Jolly good show chaps, and good day to you all.
    LegendaryAlex and Fluffoon like this.
  20. Metamorphosys Platinum

XP:
    641,791xp
    Shotbow:

2016: Weekly updates! Xp codes for all! everything is awesome.
    2017: Actually...weekly updates take too much effort, and we're gonna act like nobody reads them for any reason other than xp. Now we'll do a monthly post!
    2018?:Monthly updates are exhausting, now we're doing yearly updates in 20-page PDF form. The players will hafta tell each other what the updates are.
    2022: yearly updates aren't worth it, still too frequent and nobody reads it. Time to upgrade it to a full novel released every 5 years.
    2037: too much work. We'll just inject the update info into the supercomputer everyone is hooked up to.
    marco_polo24 likes this.