1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ MineZ: Pre-Origins - Changelog!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by halowars91, Apr 23, 2017.

MineZ - MineZ: Pre-Origins - Changelog! | Page 2
  1. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    The moment I've been waiting for has finally come
    SplashQuota likes this.

2. vampire_toothy Obsidian

XP:
    86,698xp
    I'd really hate to be more critical with my thoughts, but if origins is just a dungeon update, then that really contradicts the entire purpose of MineZ and that it adds onto the fact that origins only benefits the dungeon community, which at best used to only be an aspect of the game and not the entire game itself.
    When I say "Make MIneZ Difficult Again", I do not refer to having anything extremely difficult, I refer to making MineZ more of the game it once was by not focusing on just one side of the community, but instead focusing on a much wider view and being more open with the community about what is happening instead of super cryptic messages everywhere over everything.
    In addition to this, I'm 99% sure if you can go around and beat dungeons and then speedrun them constantly, you can also kill a zombie that does even just 10% more damage. When I look at MineZ nowadays in comparison to before, I see an average of 20-50 online now and about 1/4th or up to 1/2 of them trying to either attempt dungeons or once they know the dungeon enough, speedrun it with using as little potions as possible with as much speed as possible. But, when I look at MineZ in the past, dungeons were an aspect that only daring players would tackle, survival was also an aspect that people learned to deal with, pvp was also an aspect and so was exploration with the eastern expansion and more locations added to the north. But, I look at MineZ now for a second time, and I see a game where pvp has lost popularity, a game where exploration is nowhere near as exciting as you can more easily find even more locations because of how cramped up the map is, a game where survival has completely died out to where zombies deal 1/2 of a single heart or even less than that and people walk out of a horde of 10-100 zombies with little to no effort (unless their sword broke, which even then they could easily outrun the zombies) and a game where there is a dungeon for every 4th or 5th location.
    There is a major and dissatisfying difference between MineZ before and MineZ now, and that is that the aspects that used to make MineZ now have no balance and dungeons don't become just an aspect, but they become the entire point of playing the game. In my honest opinion as well, draining the difficulty to nothing as a final note, that saps all of the fun out of a game. What is a good game without challenge? Please name one good game (not gamemode, an actual game) where it did not get progressively harder. There is no point to a game if everybody can do everything in the press of a single button and if you can beat everything in the game with no effort at all.
    SplashQuota likes this.
  3. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp

things change, my friend. minez isn't what it once was. dungeons are all that are really left
  4. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Not every update is going to focus on every facet. This update focuses on one. Future updates will focus on others.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Fluffoon likes this.
  5. Lil_Jeffy_com Platinum

XP:
    897,183xp

"Survive"

"In a land that doesn't want you to".

vampire_toothy likes this.
  6. PDVGT Platinum

XP:
    92,937xp
    Rixhack likes this.
  7. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    I understand where you're coming from, and agree with you on some aspects that need updating. I'm very sure the lead of MineZ has as of yet unimplemented plans for survival and PvP aspects of the game.

But, as stated previously, there is currently this update:

* Bug fixes as part of the 1.9 update
    * Update from the builders (lore/setting)

With the new mechanics we can better explore updates to the other parts of the game.

As I'm sure you know, builder based updates let developers focus on other parts of the network that need it.

Fluffoon likes this.
  8. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Has the map been updated?

I feel like that's more of a Fridge question.
  9. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    The map has not been updated. It may not be for a while in order to enhance to exploration aspect​ of the game

10. SplashQuota Gold

XP:
    9,700xp
  11. mr_dude Regular Member

XP:
    65,478xp
    Honestly, as a MineZ player that's been playing for years there's not much to do, even with this new update.

When I heard of this update I was hoping in a change for how the game is played, I have tons of ideas for changing mineZ for the better, everyone seems to, but almost NONE of the ideas are even considered, ADMINS PLEASE! LOOK AT MMORPG'S AND TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT THEY DO TO KEEP PLAYERS ACTIVE!!!!!!!! People spend weeks, months, years playing your game and learning the in and outs, create a poll where people can vote on what updates they want, listen to what they have to say. I am so sick of Devs doing their own thing, not just in mineZ but other games too. The people who play your game are intelligent, they are kind, they are thoughtful. Consider what they have to say! They only reason why people are upset and complaining is because you're not listening to them! Please...listen to your playerbase...
  12. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Releasing a dungeon update doesnt mean we're not listening.

13. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Current meta of the game doesn't encourage survival-based playstyles...

MineZ has a case of the survival blues...
  14. kscopekid Platinum

XP:
    151,188xp
    You spent 2 years on an underwhelming update, we don't expect every update to focus on every facet but when you spend 2 years working on one thing for minez then we do expect more.
  15. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Our development process has been explained several times. At this point you're just pushing unreasonable expectations onto us.

I've explained what we've done, why we've done it, and how we're going to continue to improve MineZ.

Additional complaints are unnecessary

Fluffoon likes this.
  16. Wayvernia Retired Staff

XP:
    123,163xp

Origins was not worked on for 2 years.

Besides that, this is an update.
    The update: Is not survival related.
    The update: Is dungeon and build-related.
    Future updates: Might go to survival and other aspects of the game.

Many of you are jumping the gun and making up conclusions that are useless.
    Criticism is good, but use constructive criticism, and not "lets follow the train in making up complaints" criticism.

If you have feedback to deliver, deliver that to me or Andrew, or any other admin so we can internally discuss what we think of it and how we want to improve our gamemode in the future. What we may want to add, nerf, buff or possibly remove. MineZ is a long standing game which is a strong one. Every update we make is closely considered and thought trough to make it as fun as possible for everyone. Not every update is suited for everyone, look at other popular games as an example. Our updates are purely to make a certain aspect of the game more fun and obviously that may not be your favorite! However, there is a future, a future full of shiny and great ideas regarding MineZ, and how much the game can still change and be worked on. The players decide a lot of changes in MineZ, so provide them. Which, in this post, some of you have and which we are aware of.

My conclusion: Enjoy your update, before posting check everything out then give an opinion, wait for future updates, and help making those future updates possible. :wink:
    Fluffoon likes this.
  17. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Name at least 5 features that the player bases decided in the secret update or this one.
  18. kscopekid Platinum

XP:
    151,188xp
    An unreasonable expectation for shotbow is creating an update that isn't underwhelming?
    No wonder your player count is down in the gutter
  19. Gnjoejoe Retired Staff

XP:
    238,764xp
    Okay, I don't want to start an argument here but I can think of way more than 5 players suggested updates and things that we have discussed with players including thoughts we have in common. I'm not very involved with MineZ, however, I have kept up with the updates and paid a lot of attention to the Secret update. So to answer this: Loot chest rebalancing at least 4 things discussed in that and changed. Weapon damage as well as item implementations, zombie damage buffs and certain item nerf, and loot location changes based on a ton of feedback that was heard. I can think of 10 without even trying that we discussed with players and listened to feedback on whether or not it was public or just discussions we would include in our conversations on voice chat or in the game.

So what's my point here? Let's not distract from what is a fantastic update. The amount of work that the builders put into this update the insane amount of lore that hasn't been found or is going unnoticed but will likely be noticed is insane and it's a ton of fun to find. There is a ton of stuff to do and some genuinely impressive stuff here that took a lot of time to sculpt into the lore and world of MineZ.

I'm not saying that we don't have plenty of things that we can implement, and I'm not saying that you will find this update to be 100% what you had in mind. But please keep in mind that we make these because we not only think it's fun but we want you all to discover the things we've passionately created for our community to enjoy. If you have a suggestion please bring it up in the MineZ suggestion thread or create a group discussion about it there. I see that there are plenty of interesting suggestions on our forums for MineZ and I know we are looking into more than we share. Please continue your discussions on a suggestion thread and we will look over it even if we don't comment on every single post. Let's look for better ways to channel this energy into some positive feedback that way we can get back to what we love doing. Making great games that are fun to make and exciting to play with our community.
    Fluffoon likes this.
  20. mr_dude Regular Member

XP:
    65,478xp

I made another post above, which caused all this talk about listening to players. I should have been more specific in what I was demanding, and if you guys Admins or Developers add this, I will be so thankful and it will also prove you are listening.

I Suggest that ideas that admins feel are good suggesting/worthy of looking into, accessable in chat through something like /MineZ vote. Just like how it gives tips and notices in game, there could be a reminder to help vote in upcoming content, and maybe even have a slight exp reward to boost the amount of contributions. I feel that there should be no prerequisite for this voting as having only donors vote, or only having players that have a shotbow account would make the numbers less reflect what the community as a whole would want.

This is not only asking of the Admins/Devs however, the community needs to start posting more polls to support the idea of information flow, it gives a snapshot of what a larger audience might say, and/or if it's and update worth considering.

I'm sorry I turned this into more of a negative then a positive comments. Btw, I don't hate Admins here, they do a fantastic job. It's not how much they do that's the issue, it's what they do, compared to what us as a community, wants...
    Fluffoon likes this.