1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ MineZ: Origins - Weekly Update #5

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by halowars91, Feb 27, 2017.

MineZ - MineZ: Origins - Weekly Update #5
  1. halowars91 Lead Builder, Developer

XP:
    117,623xp
    [IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Happy Monday, Survivors!

Recently I've been spinning up a lot of new MineZ Projects. I've got something seriously cool things we're working on behind our curtain of secrecy, and only time will tell what lies behind it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Changes:
    • MineZmap.com has been updated with proper links to our wiki. For more info, please check out Fridge’s post in the MineZ Forum.
    • Shrouded regions have been modified. Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something blue.
    • Work began on the MineZ Origins Part 2 Trailer. Part 1 will release with and partly after the transition to 1.9. This will contain nearly all changes listed in the previous 4 weeks of changelogs, with the exception of one or two dungeons. For example, Body offload. I wonder why that’s blocked off?
    • Added a mysterious structure on the map. What could its purpose be?
    • Ghost Fleet’s Dungeon was overhauled. I think you’ll find it is very different then the last time you entered the Ship.
    • In a previous changelog I talked about the secret grass block and it being moved. I thought I’d clarify that it was moved from an area close to sanctuary of peace to a new, undisclosed location.
    There's a lot of work to do this week. We recently spun up many new projects on the build server. Are they connected, or are they separate? Anyway, that will do it for the changelog this week. Just like last week, there is a hidden change in the list above. No, there is no hidden link or blacked out text. Good Luck, finding it :stuck_out_tongue:.
    So, my question to you this week, is, if you could add one thing to MineZ to improve it, what would it be? Keep it clean! I'm excited to see what you guys think.
    With Love, The MineZ Team
    Tonkatsu129, ncse, gusblack1 and 15 others like this.

2. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Origins trailer, HYPE!

What I would change is Zombie Pigmen spawning baby pigmen. That is deadly on so many levels.

No, what I would add would actually be a new mob that can be found all over the map, but rarely. And it drops useful items for Origins stuff
    Tonkatsu129, gunso_ and MTrout like this.
  3. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    add more pigmen spawns in north plz
  4. edwaerys Regular Member

XP:
    11,247xp
    I don't know if this question was already asked, but update's changements are available on public 1.9 or only for premium ?
    And another, is the 1.9 battle system finished ? Because i have a really low experience of 1.9+ battle but it seem that for me it's impossible to hit a zombie a couple of time without lost 3 hearts of life !!! Do you have some tips for me or it's a real problem ? Because dungeon are undownable for me actually, but in 1.8 i can do what i want without problem o_O
    Thank you for your answers :D

What i would add ? More lore blocks , lore block's everywhere because lore is cool :)
    Thegend and Tonkatsu129 like this.
  5. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
    Ooh, exciting stuff! I'll have to check out the new ghost fleet when I get a chance :wink:
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  6. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    Most of the changes listed here will roll with the 1.9 update, and are not currently on the beta servers (the map on beta is the same map as that on live 1.7/1.8 servers).

I'm not quite sure what you're asking in regards to the fighting system, but it has been modified to emulate that of 1.7/1.8.

There is a bug preventing a lot of dungeons from being completed on beta, but this is fixed on the dev servers, and will roll with 1.9 if not sooner.
    Thegend and Tonkatsu129 like this.
  7. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    That problem of "You can't kill a zombie without getting hit" is a problem I and many other people I have asked have since 1.9 beta servers got released. I've been trying to talk about it with staffs by many ways, but I never got any answer or discussions about it, I guess it's how communication works.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  8. edwaerys Regular Member

XP:
    11,247xp

Ok thank you for your answers :) i hope the 1.9 update will come soon :stuck_out_tongue:

For the fighting point im speaking about the fact i cant "clickhard" on zombie like other version, in 1.8 if we go back while fighting zombie can hit you 1 time, but in 1.9 the zombie can hit me 3 times before taking the second damage even while hardclicking on zombie ^^ i will see soon when i will get a faster network ^^

See u :)
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  9. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    Glad to hear the secret grass block will only be moved and not entirely taken down.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  10. PDVGT Platinum

XP:
    92,937xp
    I would change that There was a 5% chance that There Will spawn a Elite Giant Like a Simoon Giant with a Simoons song.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  11. SwineFlu Platinum

XP:
    66,047xp
    You mean the wolves that were supposed to be added like 2 years ago?

If I could add ANYTHING to MineZ it would be a legendary gold hoe that does more damage the more splash potions the enemy has. It could be called the "Krubera Go F*** Yourself". In all seriousness, besides the removal of being able to farm dungeons for loot, the thing I'd like to see most would be Giants dropping D swords more often and half dura Weak Grapples very rarely
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  12. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Arrr mateys,

This be a cursed ship of which the like ye never seen before! I bet no scallywag will be prepared or able enough to take this monstrosity on first time and succeed. TO DAVE JONES LOCKER YOU WILL GO :zanonymous:
    Tonkatsu129 and Genuinity like this.
  13. Saints_Evolved Platinum

XP:
    146,230xp

Please bring back the Player head system back, it was so fun killing someone and "Beheading" them
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  14. gunso_ Retired Staff

XP:
    681,846xp

Add more mobs!
    Even if it's just borrowing from Minez 2 (Shiny Toes, Revenant, Forsaken, etc.), I think it would be a great addition.
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  15. halowars91 Lead Builder, Developer

XP:
    117,623xp
    Your Prayers have been answered. See last weeks post. That isn't a player in the picture.
  16. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    I thought that was an armor stand, but thats a skeleton...
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  17. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    good to see progress, shame we cant actually experience it since we've been hearing soon (trademark of HCGaming LLC.) for such a long time
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  18. Miyuka Retired Staff

XP:
    40,743xp
    I would honestly make zombies a tad stronger or make them more of a threat. As MineZ stands, zombies are only really a threat when it comes to being a fresh spawn. I miss the days where I would be scared just to travel from A to B. I REALLY dislike how easy it is to get full iron and I also really dislike the MineZ went from a survival to a dungeon game mode. All anyones does now is spawn, dungeon to get super geared, wait for saturday and do the SS event. That's it.
  19. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    You are a pirate
    Tonkatsu129 likes this.
  20. TechoNinja Platinum

XP:
    186,791xp
    Test of Virtues was a fun challenge that I'd like to see being brought back.