1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion The Ideal Wasted

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Leatherdevil, Sep 29, 2016.

Suggestion - The Ideal Wasted | Page 2
  1. rayoflight347 Regular Member

XP:
    3,866xp
    [quote="Hydralaxius, post: 2845924, member: 638650]"Something Something Something Hydralaxius's book, something something something. "[/quote]

Im gonna critique, add, and give love. (Mostly critique)
    1. The map.
    Love your idea about more detail in the map. The previous wasted map was extremely bland, though I still loved the vast expanses of wasteland or trees. I like the idea of north vs south but with a random spawn. You mentioned labs, pyramids, temples, etc. Maybe use them as objective points in some instances? That would be interesting.
    2. The Lore
    Im not as enthusiastic about your idea of special items through the lore-related-structures. I personally am a wasted purist but I understand where you are coming from. The problem with those special items is that they can easily be exploited, and in addition take away some of the drive that noobs have to do real missions (cache, DZ, mech, diamond). I feel like giving items to less experienced players in the name of balancing would actually help ruin the game, as i said in an earlier comment which you saw. Cool ideas, I just don't feel like it's feasible for wasted, it's concepts, or the all-around enjoyment of the game.
    3. Transportation.
    Im iffy about this one too, I find some things i like and some I don't. I certainly agree that Jp'ers need to be more vulnerable but not through in your words,"end game vehicles that can easily demolish jet packers". The best way to make the game a little more fair but still keep the determination and incentive is to lower mech health and then make mechs more accessible (Lower repair kit cost). Also allowing less experienced players more access to jetpacks is good as it gives the less powerful player more advantage, and the more experienced player more of a challenge and fun. HOWEVER, I extremely disagree with both the tanks idea and the parking idea. a. Tanks: Honestly, it just sounds like a more powerful mech, we are trying to make mechs less powerful. You say it should be able to crush cars and "shoot devastating rockets". Phew! Does not sound fun. b. Parking: I feel like this is one of those ideas that sounds nice at first but when you think about the feasibility and impact, doesn't actually sound so good. Parking would be nice, but you forget that all cars, trucks, etc. have storage. Couldn't these parking spots be used in a similar way to homes in MTA? That goes completely against the idea of wasted where only the strong survive and you can't accumulate wealth just by being a no-life who farms all day.
    4. Teams.
    I was really liking this one till I read your idea on the Independents team. Essentially you want to scrutinize someone's ability to play just because they want to kill everyone and not be hindered by noobs who get in their way. Indepentents should not receive nerfs at all, nor should any other team. Im interested in the idea of "buffs" maybe could you go into more detail? I really like the idea of teams capturing towns and being able to build more shelter and develop the town more. Though I'm not entirely sure how logistically team-buffs would be applied to the town. Overall, I like it, though because it's pretty vague, hard to judge.
    5. Jetpacks, tweaks (mostly jetpacks)
    This one worries me.You suggesting adding bows to a fracking gun game? :stuck_out_tongue: The Flame, poison, etc, is just really bs to me. JP's do need a nerf but i already talked about that. 2k sounds great. Hmm, I agree with the kill streaks. Maybe get extra xp for every 10 kills you get on a kill streak? I can't remember if kill streaks carry over onto the other server or when you log out. If they don't, it would be nice if they do. I like the canopies idea. Definitely agree with buffing Kevlar and giving actual Tiers. You want to give everyone jetpacks (the 2k idea) yet u want them completely nerfed? concerning :stuck_out_tongue:. Also, with the strateigically placed turrets, couldn't a group of say: 3 nightmares just camp a shop with their turrets? You gotta give the jetpacks some love here. I didn't really get your:
    ["There should be more, expensive and powerful weaponry and gadgets within the shop. If jetpacks are purchased more, and higher tier vehicles and weaponry are implemented,..."
    thingy, so I'm assuming that its based off of an MTA-like vehicle and gun upgrading system. NOPE! This is something that I really disagree with. Jetpacks are there for a reason, you already gave everyone a jetpack and nerfed it, yet you want to push the limits more to upgrading all the other guns? I feel like the whole balancing thing is taken not 1, but 3, steps beyond the line in this part. Same with turrets being able to use pots. All this does is turn it into an MTA-like camper-centric game, where you really don't have to try to live or win. And where the quality items and tradition are flushed away. You agreed liked me for saying something similar to this in the following comment:

Ok, let's be honest. Wasted was most popular when there was less balancing. Contrary to what many believe, it was actually more fun no matter what side you were on, experienced or not. I speak from personal experience, because I got to be both the hunter and the hunted. Honestly, I don't mind a map change, the tunnels etc. Those things are too late for me to change. But I really don't think we should go changing too much from how wasted originally was, 3-4 years ago. Keep in-flight shooting, keep jetpack refueling. Maybe a minor nerf on mech health -- maybe to 500 or 400 at the most. But really don't go changing the whole concept of wasted in the name of "balancing" or "making things more fair". Wasted is nice because almost everything is accessible to regular players, after a couple of weeks or practice and determination, You can easily do well your self. I saw one comment on this thread suggesting to remove the ability for jet-packers to shoot, even if landed. That sounds like complete Bullshit. Most people left simply because of a huge amounts of bugs and glitches. We want wasted back for a reason, we loved it as it was. I pray that you guys don't mess it up the second time around.
    With that said, Im getting impatient, I have confidence in Shotbow, and I love u, 323. :heart:

Overall, I feel like your ideas have a lot of potential but need some serious tweaking. But, wow on the effort, Brass was right, its a frickin book! It shows the appreciation and devotion some people still have to the greatest game on minecraft.
    NotSwipe likes this.

2. PeAcE_W1th_Al1 Silver

XP:
    5,512xp
    if wasted comeback MTA will die D:
  3. rayoflight347 Regular Member

XP:
    3,866xp
    Fine by me, maybe not to others, but may the best game win.
  4. rayoflight347 Regular Member

XP:
    3,866xp
    I absolutley agree, Jetpacks should not be nerfed at all. Instead they should actually be made more accessable to the every day player AND be returned to their former glory with in-flight shooting. More jetpacks means more fights, more power means more fun!
    Hydralaxius likes this.
  5. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp

Im gonna critique, add, and give love. (Mostly critique)
    1. The map.
    Love your idea about more detail in the map. The previous wasted map was extremely bland, though I still loved the vast expanses of wasteland or trees. I like the idea of north vs south but with a random spawn. You mentioned labs, pyramids, temples, etc. Maybe use them as objective points in some instances? That would be interesting.
    2. The Lore
    Im not as enthusiastic about your idea of special items through the lore-related-structures. I personally am a wasted purist but I understand where you are coming from. The problem with those special items is that they can easily be exploited, and in addition take away some of the drive that noobs have to do real missions (cache, DZ, mech, diamond). I feel like giving items to less experienced players in the name of balancing would actually help ruin the game, as i said in an earlier comment which you saw. Cool ideas, I just don't feel like it's feasible for wasted, it's concepts, or the all-around enjoyment of the game.
    3. Transportation.
    Im iffy about this one too, I find some things i like and some I don't. I certainly agree that Jp'ers need to be more vulnerable but not through in your words,"end game vehicles that can easily demolish jet packers". The best way to make the game a little more fair but still keep the determination and incentive is to lower mech health and then make mechs more accessible (Lower repair kit cost). Also allowing less experienced players more access to jetpacks is good as it gives the less powerful player more advantage, and the more experienced player more of a challenge and fun. HOWEVER, I extremely disagree with both the tanks idea and the parking idea. a. Tanks: Honestly, it just sounds like a more powerful mech, we are trying to make mechs less powerful. You say it should be able to crush cars and "shoot devastating rockets". Phew! Does not sound fun. b. Parking: I feel like this is one of those ideas that sounds nice at first but when you think about the feasibility and impact, doesn't actually sound so good. Parking would be nice, but you forget that all cars, trucks, etc. have storage. Couldn't these parking spots be used in a similar way to homes in MTA? That goes completely against the idea of wasted where only the strong survive and you can't accumulate wealth just by being a no-life who farms all day.
    4. Teams.
    I was really liking this one till I read your idea on the Independents team. Essentially you want to scrutinize someone's ability to play just because they want to kill everyone and not be hindered by noobs who get in their way. Indepentents should not receive nerfs at all, nor should any other team. Im interested in the idea of "buffs" maybe could you go into more detail? I really like the idea of teams capturing towns and being able to build more shelter and develop the town more. Though I'm not entirely sure how logistically team-buffs would be applied to the town. Overall, I like it, though because it's pretty vague, hard to judge.
    5. Jetpacks, tweaks (mostly jetpacks)
    This one worries me.You suggesting adding bows to a fracking gun game? :stuck_out_tongue: The Flame, poison, etc, is just really bs to me. JP's do need a nerf but i already talked about that. 2k sounds great. Hmm, I agree with the kill streaks. Maybe get extra xp for every 10 kills you get on a kill streak? I can't remember if kill streaks carry over onto the other server or when you log out. If they don't, it would be nice if they do. I like the canopies idea. Definitely agree with buffing Kevlar and giving actual Tiers. You want to give everyone jetpacks (the 2k idea) yet u want them completely nerfed? concerning :stuck_out_tongue:. Also, with the strateigically placed turrets, couldn't a group of say: 3 nightmares just camp a shop with their turrets? You gotta give the jetpacks some love here. I didn't really get your:
    ["There should be more, expensive and powerful weaponry and gadgets within the shop. If jetpacks are purchased more, and higher tier vehicles and weaponry are implemented,..."
    thingy, so I'm assuming that its based off of an MTA-like vehicle and gun upgrading system. NOPE! This is something that I really disagree with. Jetpacks are there for a reason, you already gave everyone a jetpack and nerfed it, yet you want to push the limits more to upgrading all the other guns? I feel like the whole balancing thing is taken not 1, but 3, steps beyond the line in this part. Same with turrets being able to use pots. All this does is turn it into an MTA-like camper-centric game, where you really don't have to try to live or win. And where the quality items and tradition are flushed away. You agreed liked me for saying something similar to this in the following comment:

Ok, let's be honest. Wasted was most popular when there was less balancing. Contrary to what many believe, it was actually more fun no matter what side you were on, experienced or not. I speak from personal experience, because I got to be both the hunter and the hunted. Honestly, I don't mind a map change, the tunnels etc. Those things are too late for me to change. But I really don't think we should go changing too much from how wasted originally was, 3-4 years ago. Keep in-flight shooting, keep jetpack refueling. Maybe a minor nerf on mech health -- maybe to 500 or 400 at the most. But really don't go changing the whole concept of wasted in the name of "balancing" or "making things more fair". Wasted is nice because almost everything is accessible to regular players, after a couple of weeks or practice and determination, You can easily do well your self. I saw one comment on this thread suggesting to remove the ability for jet-packers to shoot, even if landed. That sounds like complete Bullshit. Most people left simply because of a huge amounts of bugs and glitches. We want wasted back for a reason, we loved it as it was. I pray that you guys don't mess it up the second time around.
    With that said, Im getting impatient, I have confidence in Shotbow, and I love u, 323. :heart:

Overall, I feel like your ideas have a lot of potential but need some serious tweaking. But, wow on the effort, Brass was right, its a frickin book! It shows the appreciation and devotion some people still have to the greatest game on minecraft.[/quote]

I'll make a more detailed reply tomorrow, since I have college in the morning.

I see where you're coming from with half of the stuff I said and I agree, it will be hard to implement, some of it maybe game breaking and such but in all honesty I just want the game to retain it's former glory and be fun again, adding stuff will improve the experience vastly.

I do not want Jetpack's completely nerfed. I spent most of my time using them, and I want them to pretty much remain the same way but keep mid-air shooting and all the fun stuff. I just think things should be added which can be used to overwhelm a jetpacker. Not nerfing it directly.
  6. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    "Not nerfing them directly"
    Jetpacks should have tweaks, but not be completely redone
    Shooting in midair:
    Partially, keep reading
    Weight system:
    I feel this will most likely be added. You would not be able to shoot mid air with a heavy weapon like a pkp or rocket launcher.
    With multiple tiers of Kevlar, jetpackers should only be able to fly with lighter, less protective tiers.
    Skulker turrets:
    I think they would go too slow, and he very glitchy, so no
    Obtaining Jetpacks:
    They should cost less, maybe $2000. They should also be more common in objectives.
    Tunnels:
    These would provide cover from jetpackers above

Quick little idea:
    What if there were damaged jetpacks? These would be found in military camps like the ones on top of mountains in the old map.
    You would probably be able to fix them with a repair kit or mechanics wrench. They would function wierdly like a damaged mech. This would make jetpacks more obtainable for a new player.
    Hydralaxius and rayoflight347 like this.
  7. rayoflight347 Regular Member

XP:
    3,866xp

I mostly agree with this, except for the weighing system. Rocket launcher is awesome and actually a strong anti jetpakcer weapon, why should jet packers have it to fight mechs? As for pkps, they already suck. PKP is a terrible weapon and the scope makes flying extremely difficult already. Why get rid of it? let the noobs have their fun. Other than that, i like your imput, especially about the damaged jetpacks, great idea.
  8. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Yeah, this is a pretty good idea actually. Me like :)
  9. PeAcE_W1th_Al1 Silver

XP:
    5,512xp
    no
    i dont think that now but i think MTA players will move to wasted but MTA is one of popular game in shotbow