1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion New Gamemode: Shotbow Strife

Discussion in 'The Network' started by DerMongoose118, Nov 27, 2016.

Discussion - New Gamemode: Shotbow Strife
  1. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    To those who have wanted a quick-paced custom-kit PvP experience that is unique in at least some ways, I present to you a project I will be making Weapons and Maps For:

Shotbow Strife!

What is Shotbow Strife?
    Shotbow Strife is a fast-paced close-to-midrange-combat experience that revolves around unique weaponry & armor, custom-built kits with custom status effects, unique power-ups, and in-depth maps for you to casually pwn your rivals on! Strife is currently only on paper, but hopefully will be a Gamamode for Shotbow 1.9!

What do you mean by unique weaponry & armor?
    What I mean by custom weaponry and armor is that they are different than most other weapons in Shotbow, and even different than some weapons on other servers! Currently I have plans for around 200 unique weapons alone, including hammers that send people flying, a sword with the ability for you to suspend another player in the air and deal magic damage upon knock-up, pogo spears, bows that fire arrows in quick succession, and even weapons that get better upon picking up a specific power-up! Armor even has some unique variants, such as the High-Jump Boots and Soda-Hat; the former giving a higher jump and the latter giving a temporary strength buff when hit!

I heard Custom Kits somewhere in your rant...
    Yes, you heard me, custom kits that come with the ability to equip weapons, armor, perks, items, and even single-use power-ups to up your game and offset your enemies! The weapons and armor are self-explanatory, they cost a relatively large amount (especially bows due to the arrows needed) of Kit Points depending on how good they are, and are your main offense and defense. Perks on the other hand are low-cost passives that can do a range of things in the utility department; ranging from invisibility while out of combat and sneaking to allowing you to jump twice to running faster and even to getting a wolf that follows you around; anything can be done with Perks! Items are also mostly utility-oriented, but higher in cost and a lot more versatile in use; among the likes of Grapple Hooks and Blink Spheres, Flashbangs and Decoys, Respawn Beacons and Motion Wards, there are even offensive items like Frag Grenades, Tesla Guns and Tasers! Arrows and Tipped Arrows are also items, and are used as ammunition by bows and tesla-guns. You can even put a one-time-use Power-Up Token in your kit, as nothing feels better than freezing your foes out of nowhere with a Freeze Blast, or shooting up some unsuspecting player with a Shotbow! The many possibilities with the custom kit system I have been working on are seemingly endless!

How will this minigame play? What is it like?
    There are currently three gamemodes planned for this game, Brawl, Classic, and Team Deathmatch. Brawl is the fastest of the gamemodes, and gives all players five lives, with them losing one upon death, the last one standing (or if there are two or more alive, the one with the most kills) wins. Classic is slightly slower, as it has infinite lives and requires players to reach a certain number of kills to win; meaning that players have no risk of charging the full-iron meatsheild and losing a life. Team Deathmatch is like it's free-for-all equivalent Classic, but is longer as the team as a whole must reach a far larger kill total to win. Overall, the three gamemodes give a lot of playback value to the minigame, and make it different than most of this server's other gamemodes!

How will the maps be "In-Depth"? How will they affect the game?
    Well, the current map I am working on, Overhang, is a village hanging off and over a cliff, so there will be many nooks and crannies and plenty of opportunities for every playstyle. Overhang will be mostly near the cliff, meaning battles can quickly change from "well-geared player beating up gimmick-cheese player" to "gimmick-cheese player knocking well-geared player off cliff" and vice versa; basically the premise is beware of the cliff.
    I am also making a more simple one called Golgotha, and is a jagged battleground with a set of crosses in the center. Golgotha's main attraction is the caves winding about it as well as the center, where most of the battle is going on. Some of the caves have pits of lava in them, so there is at least some opportunity for those who love to knock people off cliffs to their doom/

Could you give a list of the stuff you have currently planned?
    Yes, I can do so interested viewer, I'll make a list each for the different categories of things that effect the player directly.

Weapons:
    Stick-kind:
    • Rough Twig: A common, low-cost junk weapon that is mainly used to craft it's stronger versions. Combat is not advised with this weapon.
    • Sharpened Stick: Upgrades from Rough Twig; is a common low-cost weapon that is most often used to craft it's stronger versions as well as other common items. Combat not advised with this weapon.
    • Ultra-Sharpened Stick: Upgrades from Sharpened Stick; is a common low-cost weapon (still) that is often used to craft it's ultimate version as well as other rarer weapons. Combat is possible but is highly unadvised.
    • Power Twig: Upgrades from Ultra-Sharpened Stick; is an uncommon low-cost weapon that is commonly used to craft most other weapons, especially in Pearlescent weapons. Combat potential is one of the highest of the sticks (thanks to the Branch Of The Aether Tree), and can be used in conjunction with the Ultrasuit and Super Bow due to it's low cost.
    • Branch Of The Aether Tree: Upgrades from combining the Power Twig and Crystal Scepter; is a low-cost Pearlescent weapon with the highest attack power of the sticks, can be used in conjunction with high strength armor as a potent melee weapon, or used alongside another weapon as a finisher.
    Sword-kind:
    • Training Sword: A common, low-costing sword that is the sword from which all other swords, bats, rapiers, daggers and knives, including those which are Pearlescent, originate from. Combat capabilities are rather lacking and not suggested against other faster, higher costing swords; can synergise well with hard-hitting weapons as a finisher, but will result in less armor.
    • Boffer Sword: Upgrades from Training Sword; is a common low-cost weapon that specializes in knockback rather than having any damage at all, and when it hits an enemy, it stuns them for half of one second, making them unable to do anything at all. Can synergise well with burst-damage weapons as well as gimmick weapons for knocking players off of cliffs.
    • Squire's Sword: Upgrades from Training Sword; is a slightly stronger variant of the Training Sword, can be used as a stronger replacement for the Training Sword.
    • Knight's Sword: Upgrades from Squire's Sword; a rare variant of the Squire's Sword that is stronger but costs more; can be used as a potent melee weapon due to it's speed-to-damage ratio, and synergises very well with high-damage hammers like the Dragon Crusher and Slamtown Funk (although Prismarine Glory and Branch Of The Aether Tree is a better alternative).
    • Knight's Pride: Upgrades from Knight's Sword; a unique sword that is a stronger, more expensive variant of it's predecessor; is very useful as a potent damaging weapon due to it's speed-to-damage ratio, and synergises well with any slow weapon.
    Rapier-kind:

Dagger/Knife-kind:

Bat-kind:
    • Homerun Bat: Upgrades from the Boffer Sword; is an uncommon bat with more knockback than it's predecessor, and is overall better for keeping players away; synergises very well alongside a ranged weapon as a way to knock users of the Brick Wall perk away, and can be used to knock players off of cliffs.
    • The Sandman: Upgrades from Homerun Bat; is a rare bat that works well in the field of knockback, and can be used to not only protect from the Brick Wall perk, but can also be used to push players that are stronger than you off of ledges and cliffs.
    • Ultra-Sandman: Upgrades from The Sandman; a unique bat that excels in the field of knockback, and can be used to protect against the Brick Wall perk as well as serve as a way to knock players off of cliffs.
    • Slapstick-5000: Upgrades from the Ultra-Sandman; a legendary bat that functions extraordinarily well in the field of knockback, and can be used to protect against the Brick Wall perk as well as serve as a method of pushing players off of cliffs. Synergises very well with ranged weapons and spell tomes.
    Axe-kind:

Scythe-kind:

Polearm-kind:
    • Quarterstaff: a common polearm from which all other polearms begin, has petty combat capabilities and is not recommended for use as a melee weapon.
    • Capped Quarterstaff: Upgrades from Quarterstaff; is a cheap, long-ranged weapon that is rare and can channel effects from tomes in your inventory, making it useful for applying status effects and status effects only.
    • Sapphire Staff: Upgrades from Capped Quarterstaff; is a unique staff that is a mediocre, yet cheap channel for arcane magic that doubles as a melee weapon, right-clicking while wielding this weapon in your main-hand and a selected tome in your off-hand will cast a spell dependent on what tome you use. Serves as a powerful weapon when combined with any tome, especially the higher tier tomes, but is easily replaced by the Crystal Scepter.
    • Crystal Scepter: Upgrades from combining the Power Twig and Sapphire Staff; this legendary staff is a powerful, yet costly channel for arcane magic that doubles as a melee weapon, right-clicking while wielding this weapon in your main-hand and a selected tome in your off-hand will cast a spell dependent on what tome you use. Crystal Scepter is a powerful weapon when combined with any tome, especially with high-tier ones; synergises best with Absolute Zero Tome.
    Hammer-kind:
    • Toy Mallet: A common, low-costing hammer that is the basis for all other hammers. Combat capabilities are lacking, but can synergise well with hard-hitting, slower weapons as a finisher although the Training Sword is a better fit to that role.
    • Wooden Hammer: Upgrades from Toy Mallet; this common hammer is your basic, run-of-the-mill attack hammer, dealing decent damage with a considerate cooldown. Synergises well with heavy armor as a low-cost damage-dealer, but is easily replaced by the Branch Of The Aether Tree or Squire's Sword.
    • Boffer Hammer: Upgrades from Toy Mallet; is a low-cost hammer with considerately more knockback than it's stronger counterpart (the Wooden Hammer), and synergises well with ranged weapons or gimmick builds.
    Shield-kind:
    Glaive-kind:

Oddball Weapons:
    • Wooden Tonfa: a common oddball weapon that has a high attack speed to compensate for the low damage it deals; is not recommended as a constant in combat, but can be dual wielded making it's attack power higher than that of other commons.
    • Metal Tonfa: Upgrades from Wooden Tonfa; an uncommon oddball weapon that has a high attack speed to compenste for it's low damage, though it does deal more than it's predecessor; this particular weapon is not recommended for combat unless dual wielded.
    • Jade Tonfa: Upgrades from Metal Tonfa; unique oddball weapon that has a high attack speed to compenste for it's low damage, though it does deal more than it's predecessor; this particular weapon is not recommended for combat unless dual wielded.
    • Jade Dragon Tonfa: Upgrades from Jade Tonfa; a legendary oddball weapon that has a high attack speed to compenste for it's low damage, though it does deal more than it's predecessor; this particular weapon is not recommended for combat unless dual wielded.
    • Chakram: A common oddball weapon that can double as a thrown weapon.
    Armor Sets:
    Leather:
    • Ruined Tunic:
    • Standard Leather:
    • Lightweight Armor:
    • Scout's Set:
    • Featherweight Leather:
    • Traveler's Set:
    • Aetheric Set:
    • Valkyrie Set:
    • Thunderbrand Set:
    • Seven League Boots: An inconceivable
    • Weightless Set: An
    • Studded Leather:
    • Mercenary's Set:
    • Iron-Plated Leather:
    • Brawler's Set:
    • Scale Set:
    • Dragon Knight Set:
    • Black Leather:
    • Rogue's Set:
    • Shadow Leather:
    • Assassin's Set:
    • Shadow Plates Set:
    • Enigmatic Set: A
    • Shadowdancer Set:
    Chain:
    • Broken Links:
    Iron:
    Gilded:
    Crystal:
    Items:

Arrow-kind:
    • Foil: A common junk arrow with a low cost-amount ratio allowing for 16 arrows for 1 point, but have relatively low damage.
    • Flint: A common arrow with normal damage and moderate cost-amount ratio, with 8 arrows for a single kit point.
    • Iron: An uncommon arrow type with higher damage than the Flint Arrows, but higher cost-amount ratio, with 6 arrows for 1 point.
    • Sticky: A rare arrow type with the damage of a Flint arrow, but applies a slowness and knockback reduction effect upon hit; cost-amount ratio is 1 to 6.
    • Warping: A rare arrow type with damage between that of a Foil and Flint arrow, but causes the victim hit to teleport 5 blocks in a random direction, making this arrow more than obnoxious; cost-amount ratio is 5 to 1.
    • Flaming: A unique arrow type that does the damage of a Flint Arrow, but sets enemies on fire upon hit, causing damage over time; cost-amount ratio is 1 to 4.
    • Obsidian: A unique arrow type with stronger knockback and higher damage than the Iron variety; has a cost amount ratio of 1 to 3.
    • Diamond-Tipped: A legendary arrow type with damage much higher than that of the Obsidian type, but has less knockback; has a cost-amount ratio of 1 for 2 arrows.
    • Skyroot: A legendary arrow type that has less damage and knockback than it's heavier variants, but goes farther and applies perk properties just like the others, making it a good arrow for applying Hemorrhage, Piercing and Daze perk properties; cost-amount ratio is 1 to 6.
    • Marbled: A legendary arrow that deals more damage and has the same knockback as Obsidian arrows, while having a 1 to 2 cost-amount ratio.
    • Bedrock: A pearlescent arrow type that has higher knockback and damage than Marble, but has a cost-amount ratio of 1 to 1, making buying bunches of these arrows a risky maneuver.
    • Aetheric: A pearlescent arrow type that acts similar to it's legendary equivalent, except that it flies faster, deals more damage, and goes farther; cost-amount ratio is 1 to 4.
    • Niobium: A pearlescent arrow type that acts as a stronger variant of the Warping arrow type, dealing true damage while teleporting 5 blocks in a random direction; cost-amount ratio is 1 to 2.
    • Mithril: A pearlescent arrow type that acts accordingly to the Diamond-Tipped arrows, dealing more damage at the cost of no gain of knockback; cost-amount ratio is 1 fto 1, making building tons of these a risky maneuver.
    • Featherweight: An inconceivable arrow type that has little to no drop and a ton of speed, all while dealing more damage than it's Aetheric arrow predecessor; cost-amount ratio is 2 to 3, meaning building a bunch is a risky maneuver, though not as much as others.
    • Thunderstone: An inconceivable arrow type that strikes the vacinity it hits with lightning as well as dealing damage to who it hit, causing a splash true damage effect; cost-amount ratio is 3 to 2, meaning many of these is a risky maneuver.
    • Dimensionite: An inconceivable arrow type that acts as an ultimate arrow, dealing Adamantine level damage while slowing, burning, reducing knockback, nullifying armor, gashing and causing splash damage to the unfortunate foe who gets hit; has a cost-amount ratio of 6 to 1, meaning this arrow shouldn't be used in bulk.
    • Adamantine: An inconceivable arrow type that works like the Mithril arrow, but with more damage; cost-amount ratio is 2 to 1, meaning that having many of these is a risky maneuver.
    • Enigma: An inconceivable arrow that transmutes itself into a random arrow when fired, meaning that this arrow can turn into anything; cost-amount ratio is 1 to 3.
    Tome-kind:
    Tier I:
    • Fireball I: A common junk tome that fires a fireball when channeled through a staff: this fireball will burn any player it hits for a small amount of time; leaves no burnout, has a 4-second cooldown and becomes useless after 5 uses.
    • Frostbolt I: A common junk tone that fires a small icicle when channeled through a staff: this little shard of ice will damage and slow anyone it hits, with the slowness being weak and somewhat short-lived; has a 4-second cooldown, no burnout, and fizzles after 7 uses.
    • Earthspike I: A common junk tome that causes a spike to erupt from the ground when channelled through a staff: this spike from the ground will damage any players under it for a small amount of damage and stun them for a brief period of time; has an 8-second cooldown, no burnout, and fizzles after 4 uses.
    • Gust I: A common junk tome that blows away players in the direction you look at upon channeling through a staff: the gust pushes players back about 4 ot 6 blocks, dazing players for a brief amount of time, while dealing a point of damage to lightweight armors; has a 3 second cooldown, no burnout, and fizzles after 10 uses.
    Tier II:
    • Fireball II: A common tome that fires a fireball when channeled: this fireball sets it's victim on fire for a bit longer, as well as deal an extra point of damage on contact; leaves a half-second of burnout, has a 6-second cooldown, and fizzles after 6 uses.
    • Frostbolt II: A common tome that launches a small icicle when channeled: this icicle does slightly more damage and lasts slitghtly longer than it's weaker, less costly counterpart; leaves half-second burnout, has a 6-second cooldown and fizzles after 8 uses.
    • Earthspike II: A common tome that causes a spike to erupt from the ground at the area you look at when channeled: this earthspike does slightly more damage and stuns for a little longer; half-second burnout, has a 10-second cooldown, and fizzles after 5 uses.
    • Gust II: A common tome that blows away players when channeled: this gust of wind pushes people for an extra half-of-a-block and dazes for slightly longer; has a 4-second cooldown, .5-second burnout, and fizzles after 12 uses.
    • Levitate I: Obtained by adding Chorus Fruit to a Gust I tome. A common tome that causes the player to float upwards when channeled: the levitation goes for around 6 blocks before stopping and making the player fall back down, and since the player can move for the entirety of the spell, it is great for utility; has a 10-second cooldown, no burnout, and fizzles after 6 uses.
    • Poison Cloud I: Obtained by combining the Earthspike I and Gust I tomes. A common tome that spawns a cloud of gas in front of the player upon being channeled: the cloud spawned will linger for 6 seconds, slowly floating about while poisoning anyone caught in it for a small amount of time; the cloud is affected by gust spells, moving about one-and-a-half times the push force and growing in size; has a 14-second cooldown, a two-second burnout (to prevent Gust spam afterwards), and fizzles after 3 uses.
    • Frostfire Blast I: Obtained by combining the Fireball I and Frostbolt I tome. A common tome that shoots a blast of fire and ice upon channel: this particular spell does much more damage than it's ancestors, but wares out and fizzles much easier; has a 10-second cooldown, 2 seconds of burnout, and fizzles after 3 uses.
    • Blinding Light I: Obtained by adding Glass to a Fireball I tome. A common tome that spawns an orb light that blinds all nearby players upon channel: the light fades away in less than a second after spawning, blinding anyone in a 7-block radius for a brief amount of time, and dazing them for a slightly longer time; has a 10-second cooldown, no burnout, and fizzles after 5 uses.
    Tier III:
    • Fireball III: An uncommon tome that fires a fireball when channeled: this fireball sets it's victim aflame for a bit longer than it's common version, as well as deal an extra point of damage on contact; leaves a second of burnout, has a 8-second cooldown, and will fizzle after 7 uses.
    • Frostbolt III: An uncommon tome that launches a small icicle when channeled: this icicle does slightly more damage and lasts slitghtly longer than it's weaker, less costly counterpart; leaves a second of burnout, has a 8-second cooldown and fizzles after 9 uses.
    • Earthspike III: An unmmon tome that causes a spike to erupt from the ground at the area you look at when channeled: this earthspike does slightly more damage and stuns for a little longer; one second of burnout, has a 12-second cooldown, and fizzles after 6 uses.
    • Gust III: An uncommon tome that blows away players when channeled: this gust of wind pushes people for an extra half-of-a-block and dazes for slightly longer; has a 5-second cooldown, one-second burnout, and fizzles after 14 uses.
    • Poison Cloud II: A common tome that spawns a cloud of gas in front of the player upon being channeled: the cloud spawned will linger for 7 seconds, whilst slowly floating about while poisoning anyone caught in it for a small amount of time; the cloud is affected by gust spells, moving about one-and-a-half times the push force and growing in size; has a 15-second cooldown, a 2.5-second burnout, and fizzles after 4 uses.
    • Frostfire Blast II: An uncommon tome that shoots a blast of fire and ice upon channel: this particular spell does more damage than it's common equivalent, but wares out and fizzles just as easily; has a 12-second cooldown, 2.5 seconds of burnout, and fizzles after 3 uses.
    • Thunderbolt I: An uncommon tome that is acquired by adding a Thunderstone and Wool to a Fireball II tome; upon channel, the targeted area is struck by lightning, dealing true damage and stunning for a short period; has a 16-second cooldown, 2.5 seconds of burnout, and fizzles after 5 uses.
    • Ancestral Shout I: An uncommon tome that is acquired by adding Soul Sand to a Frostbolt II tome; allows the player to release a shout that immobilizes the opponent on their next melee attack upon channel: this shout triggers upon any melee swing and will immobilize any players for 1.5 seconds in a 60-degree cone in front of the caster; has a 14-second cooldown, 2.5 seconds of burnout, and fizzles after 8 uses.
    • Magnet I: An uncommon tome
    • Etheral Arrows I: An uncommon tome
    Tier IV:
    • Fireball IV: A
    • Frostbolt IV: A
    • Earthspike IV: A
    • Gust IV: A
    • Levitate II: A
    • Poison Cloud III: A
    • Frostfire Blast III: A
    • Blinding Light II: A
    • Thunderbolt II: A
    • Ancestral Shout II: A
    • Icespike I: A
    • Blizzard I: A
    • Erupt I: A
    • Heatwave I: A
    Tier V:
    • Fireball V: A
    • Frostbolt V: A
    • Earthspike V: A
    • Gust V: A
    • Poison Cloud IV: A
    • Frostfire Blast IV: A
    • Thunderbolt III: A
    • Ancestral Shout III: A
    • Etheral Arrows II: A
    • Magnet II: A
    • Icespike II: A
    • Blizzard II: A
    • Erupt II: A
    • Heatwave II: A
    Tier VI:
    • Fireball VI: A
    • Frostbolt VI: A
    • Earthspike VI: A
    • Gust VI: A
    • Poison Cloud V: A
    • Frostfire Blast V: A
    • Thunderbolt IV: A
    • Ancestral Shout IV: A
    • Icespike III: A
    • Blizzard III: A
    • Erupt III: A
    • Heatwave III: A
    Tier VII:
    • Fireball VII: A
    • Frostbolt V: A
    • Earthspike V: A
    • Gust V: A
    • Poison Cloud VI: A
    • Frostfire Blast VI: A
    • Thunderbolt V: A
    • Ancestral Shout V: A
    • Etheral Arrows III: A
    • Magnet III: A
    • Icespike IV: A
    • Blizzard IV: A
    • Erupt IV: A
    • Heatwave IV: A
    Tier VIII:
    • Fireball VIII: A
    • Frostbolt VIII: A
    • Earthspike VIII: A
    • Gust VIII: A
    • Poison Cloud VII: A
    • Frostfire Blast VII: A
    • Thunderbolt III: A
    • Ancestral Shout VI: A
    • Etheral Arrows IV: A
    • Magnet IV: A
    • Levitate IV: A
    • Icespike V: A
    • Blizzard V: A
    • Erupt V: A
    • Heatwave V: A
    • Inferno: A
    • Absolute Zero: A
    • Frostfire Havoc: A
    • Earthquake: A
    • Tornado: A
    • Risk Of Rain: A
    • Darkness Grows: A
    • Ultima: A
    Potion-kind:
    • Health I: A common potion that heals 4 health upon use.
    • Health II: An uncommon potion that heals 8 health upon use.
    • Health III: A rare potion that heals 12 health upon use.
    • Health IV: A unique potion that heals 16 health upon use.
    • Regen I: An uncommon potion that grants Regeneration II for 30 seconds upon use.
    • Regen II: A rare potion that grants Regeneration IV for 30 seconds upon use.
    • Regen III: A unique potion that grants Regeneration VI for 30 seconds upon use.
    • Strength I: A rare potion that applies Strength III for 45 seconds, granting the user an extra 3 damage.
    • Strength II: A unique potion that applies Strength III for 45 seconds, granting the user an extra 6 damage.
    • Strength III: A legendary potion that applies Strength III for 45 seconds, granting the user an extra 9 damage.
    • Flame Resist: A pearlescent potion that nullifies fire damage for two minutes.
    • Speed I: A common potion that applies Speed I for one minute, granting the user 20% extra movement speed.
    • Speed II: An uncommon potion that applies Speed I for one minute, granting the user 40% extra movement speed.
    • Speed III: A rare potion that applies Speed I for one minute, granting the user 60% extra movement speed.
    • Jump Boost I: An uncommon potion that grants Jump Boost II for 45 seconds, allowing the user to jump an extra block.
    • Jump Boost II: A rare potion that grants Jump Boost IV for 45 seconds, allowing the user to jump an extra 2blocks.
      Jump Boost III: A unique potion that grants Jump Boost VI for 45 seconds, allowing the user to jump an extra 3 blocks.
    • Tenacity I: A unique potion that grants the user Resistance I for 20 seconds, allowing the user to resist 20% of non-true damage.
    • Tenacity II: A legendary potion that grants the user Resistance II for 20 seconds, allowing the user to resist 40% of non-true damage.
    • Tenacity III: A pearlescent potion that grants the user Resistance III for 20 seconds, allowing the user to resist 60% of non-true damage.
    • Tenacity IV: An inconceivable potion that grants the user Resistance IV for 20 seconds, allowing the user to resist 80% of non-true damage.
    • Endurance I: An uncommon potion that grants 2 absorption hearts for one minute.
    • Endurance II: A rare potion that grants 4 absorption hearts for one minute.
    • Endurance III: A unique potion that grants 6 absorption hearts for one minute.
    • Endurance IV: A legendary potion that grants 8 absorption hearts for one minute.
    • Endurance V: A pearlescent potion that grants 10 absorption hearts for one minute.
    • Goodness: An inconceivable potion obtained by combining a Regen III potion, a Strength III potion, a Flame Resist potion, a Speed II potion, a Jump Boost II potion, and a Tenacity I potion; the Goodness potion gives the buffs of the potions used to make it for one minute.
    Gadget-kind:
    • Instant Wall: A rare item
    Other Items:
    • Ender Pearl: A unique item
    • Ender Heart: A pearlescent item
    Perks:
    • Combat Prowess I (Melee): A low-cost common perk that grants the player an extra one point of damage with melee weapons.
    • Combat Prowess I (Ranged): A low-cost common perk that grants the player an extra one point of damage with ranged weapons.
    • Combat Prowess II (Melee): A low-cost uncommon perk that grants the player an extra two points of damage with melee weapons.
    • Combat Prowess II (Ranged): A low-cost uncommon perk that grants the player an extra two points of damage with ranged weapons.
    • Combat Prowess III (Melee): A low-cost rare perk that grants the player an extra three points of damage with melee weapons.
    • Combat Prowess III (Ranged): A low-cost rare perk that grants the player an extra three points of damage with ranged weapons.
    • Swift-Footed I: A
    • Swift-Footed II: A
    • Swift-Footed III: A
    • Tenacity I: A unique perk that gives the player a slight resistance to damage, which will stack with the Tenacity potion.
    • Tenacity II: A legendary perk that gives the player a slight resistance to damage, which will stack with the Tenacity potion.
    • Health Boost I: A common perk
    • Health Boost II: An uncommon perk
    • Health Boost III: A rare perk
    • Health Boost IV: A unique perk
    • Brick Wall: A unique perk that protects the player from getting knocked back by projectiles; due to it's ability, the Brick Wall perk is a good perk for highly-armored classes due to the tendency for ranged players to focus on heavily armored, slower players.
    • Hemorrhage I (Melee): A rare perk that will proc around 20% of the time upon any successful hit; when it procs, it deals 1 damage every second for 4 seconds.
    • Hemorrhage I (Ranged): A rare perk that will proc around 40% of the time upon any successful hit; when it procs, it deals 1 damage every second for 4 seconds.
    • Hemorrhage II (Melee): A unique perk that will proc around 40% of the time upon any successful hit; when it procs, it deals 1 damage every second for 5 seconds.
    • Hemorrhage II (Ranged): A unique perk that will proc around 60% of the time upon any successful hit; when it procs, it deals 1 damage every second for 5 seconds.
    • Hemorrhage III (Melee): A legendary perk that will proc around 60% of the time upon any successful hit; when it procs, it deals 1 damage every second for 6 seconds.
    • Hemorrhage III (Ranged): A legendary perk that will proc around 80% of the time upon any successful hit; when it procs, it deals 1 damage every second for 6 seconds.
    • Armor Pierce I: An uncommon perk
    • Armor Pierce II: A rare perk
    • Armor Pierce III: A unique perk
    • Daze I: A rare perk
    • Daze II: A unique perk
    • Daze III: A legendary perk
    • Daze IV: A pearlescent perk
    • Daze V: An inconceivable perk
    • Cloudy I: A legendary perk
    • Cloudy II: A pearlescent perk
    • Cloudy III: An inconceivable perk
    Power-Ups:
    • Freeze Blast: Freezes everyone in their tracks except the caster. This allows for a slow player to catch up to a faster one, or for a fast player to overwhelm a meatsheildly target.
    • Shotbow: Gives the player a bow that shoots 16 arrows each shot, of which they are forced to shoot three times before resuming usage of their other weapons, if more than one arrow hits the same target, the damage from both will apply at once.
    • The Smasher: Summons a hammer that deals massive damage and knocks players into the air upon hit for a short duration.
    • Adrenaline: A temporary high-strength speed boost that also speeds up attacks.
    • Invisibility Blanket: Makes the user invisible for some time or until they attack / are attacked.
    • Item Refill: Refills the kit items in your inventory, refreshing durability and amount.
    • Healing Burst: Heals the player for a solid amount of health.
    • Fireball: Gives the player a "Fireball" item, that when thrown turns into an actual fireball that moves forward at a high speed until it collides with a player, ROFL Copter or wall. Colliding with a player deals 8 true damage and lights said player on fire; colliding with a wall causes it to explode, dealing 4 blast damage and burning anyone nearby the explosion; hitting a ROFL Copter causes both it and the ROFL Copter to explode and be destroyed.
    • ROFL Copter: Summons a helicopter that flies on a set path around the battlefield, shooting arrows at anyone in it's line of sight, and leaving after some time (or if it is hit by a fireball).
    • Scry: places the Glowing effect on players in a certain radius other than the caster (and it's teammates), making them a target for any player.
    • Lucky Charm: A temporary buff of the user's speed, jump height, attack speed and regeneration.
    Materials:

• Rubble: A common junk material used for crafting, mostly used to craft sticks before the Power Twig
    • Wood: A common junk material used for crafting, mainly in items, low-cost swords and axes, as well as some hammers.
    • Chalk: A common junk material used for making low-spectrum tomes.
    • Fish: A common junk material used for making fish-related objects, and is given out most often on April Fool's day.
    • Scrap Metal: A common material used for crafting most of the usable items in the gamemode, especially in armors and weapons.
    • Charcoal: A common material commonly used for flaming weaponry and items, as well as tomes. Is given much more frequently during winter.
    • Cacti: A common material used mostly for making deflective armors, but is used in some weapons and items as well.
    • Limestone: A common material used mostly for hammers due to it's weight, but is used in some armors, weapons and items too.
    • Leather: An uncommon material used in large amounts for crafting armors, and in small amounts in items and weapons.
    • Flint: An uncommon material used mainly in crafting sharp weaponry, and especially for arrows and the Power Twig.
    • Granite: An uncommon material used mainly for hammers due to it's weight, but is used for some armors, weapons and items too.
    • Clay: An uncommon material used most commonly for creating all forms of tomes, but is also used in some weapons, items and armors.
    • Glass: An uncommon material used for many things, like weapons, armors, and items.
    • Wool: A rare material that is used mostly for armors, but is required for some weapons, such as the Boffer Sword.
    • Iron: A rare material used for crafting most weapons and armor, and is especially used in Pearlescents.
    • Lapis Lazuli: A rare material used most commonly for crafting tomes, but is sometimes used for armors and items as well.
    • Netherrack: A rare material used mainly for flaming weaponry and items, as well as flame-resistant armor.
    • Chorus Fruit: A rare material used commonly in making items and weapons that use any form of teleportation, and is especially used for Ender Pearls.
    • Gold: A unique material mainly used in making many high-tier objects, and is required for all high-end tomes.
    • Redstone: A unique material usually used in items, potions and tomes, but is used in armor and weapons as well.
    • Obsidian: A unique material mainly used for crafting armor, but is used in Pearlescent weapons like the Slamtown Funk as well.
    • Withered Skulls: A unique material commonly used in crafting of weapons that apply the wither effect or weapons that deal fire damage.
    • Soul Sand: A unique material persistently used for withering weapons, and can also be used for tomes and items.
    • Diamonds: A legendary material used for crafting every high-tier weapon, especially the Branch Of The Aether Tree and Slamtown Funk.
    • Endstone: A legendary material used primarily for crafting weapons that have forms of teleportation in them, and is also used in some Pearlescents.
    • Skyroot Wood: A legendary material used to craft items and weapons, and is especially used for the Branch Of The Aether Tree.
    • Marble: A legendary material used for crafting most high-tier weapons, but is also used for tomes and items.
    • Nether Star: A legendary material most likely used in high-tier weaponry that applies an effect, but is also used in items and armor.
    • Shulker Shell: A legendary material used primarily for armor crafting, but is also used in weapons and items with effects, and even used in some tomes.
    • Ambrosium: A pearlescent material used primarily in healing items and tomes, but is also used for some armors and for the Slamtown Funk.
    • Bedrock: A pearlescent material used primarily in armors as well as in bulk for some hammers, especially the Slamtown Funk.
    • Holystone: A pearlescent material used primarily for tomes, items and weapons; it is also used for a few armors.
    • Divinium: A pearlescent material used primarily in weapons and armor with odd properties, also used for the Raise Dead tomes.
    • Niobium: A pearlescent material used mainly for weapons and items, but can be used for some armors.
    • Mithril: A pearlescent material used for making many things: weapons, armor, items, you name it!
    • Minium Stone: A pearlescent material used mainly in items, staffs and tomes, but is also used for some armors.
    • Gravitite: An inconceivable material used mainly in swift weaponry and lightweight armor, but is used in certain other items, such as the Levitation tomes and Featherweight arrows.
    • Thunderstone: An inconceivable material used mainly in items, especially for some arrows; is also used in bulk for the Thunderbrand and Blitzkrieg weapons, as well as other things.
    • Unobtainium: An inconceivable material used in items and weaponry
    • Basalt: An inconceivable material used in armors and heavy weaponry, but is also used in some tomes.
    • Dimensionite Shards: An inconceivable material used in decent amounts for all things high-tier, is especially used for tomes and staffs.
    • Adamantine: An inconceivable material primarily used for armors, but is also used for some weapons and items.
    • Philosopher's Stone: An inconceivable material used mainly for tomes and staffs, but is used for some weapons and other items too.
    • Mimicrium: A jack-of-all-trades inconceivable material used in the highest tier weapons, items, tomes and armor; also is used to replace lower tier materials in recipes, and even be used in bulk to flat off create items.
    Maps:
    • Overhang: An ancient, semi-primitive map that is affixed to the side of a cliff; it has hanging pots, housing, bridges and even a few waterfalls!
    • Golgotha: An ancient ground known for it's importance in a certain religion, has caves to explore, as well as nooks and crannies to hide in.
    • Levitate: A floating town high in the sky, plenty of bridges and houses.
    • Fortress: A stone Norman keep on a mountain, surrounded by a mote of lava; big enough to accommodate both ranged and melee combat.
    • Glacial: An icy playground of a structure that provides many corridors, bridges and hiding spaces.
    • Bomberville: The Shotbow spin-off of Call Of Duty's Nuketown! Now with cliffs, open sheds and sniper posts.
    • Central: A Shotbow-themed map with plenty of things to offer!
    color for Common and Junk Materials: #FFFFFF
    color for Uncommon Materials: #7efe61
    color for Rare Materials: #3366FF
    olor for Unique Materials: #9111ed
    color for Legendary Materials: #FFCC00
    color for Pearlescent Materials: #33CCCC
    color for Inconceivable Objects: #FFFF00
    Tune in tomorrow for more information!

2. waltster Regular Member

XP:
    133,890xp
    Hi,

I'm glad to see some fresh ideas for gamemodes come around!

Unfortunately, I cannot gather too much from this post as it is. It seems to me like your idea is, forgive me for being brash, kit PvP. I was skeptical at first, but I like to idea of power-ups and status effects. I'll definitely check back on this... Looks like it could be something cool.

Cheers,
    Walt

EDIT: Thanks for adding more info :)
    okometabetoku likes this.
  3. Dinohoot8 Platinum

XP:
    484,663xp
    As much as I hate to be this person, I just have to say it. Your gamemode sounds fantastic, but Shotbow has so much on their plate right now with 1.9, it is nearly impossible to start working on another gamemode. Shotbow has other gamemodes to work on/finish and wouldn't get to this for a long time if so.
    okometabetoku and HungerHealer like this.
  4. anuty0 Regular Member

XP:
    58,263xp
    so like GG but with custom stuff added
  5. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    this here is a revival post, but is also news:

I am currently working on the first Strife map!
    It will be based off of a village hanging off a cliffside, meaning there will be opportunities for everyone!

Let me know what you think about the gamemode so far!
  6. waltster Regular Member

XP:
    133,890xp
    Hi,

Are you coding this yourself or is it just a suggestion?

Cheers,
    Walt
  7. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp

Maybe, I'd have to learn Javascript, make a server, and make good use of Bukkit first though.
  8. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    I am going to pause work on strife to finish my GunGame map Siege, which is close to finished already, hopefully I can get it done soon so I can go back to Strife!

Also I will be working on an RP map that might be well-recieved amoungst the community... Wonder what it will be?
  9. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Revival update post:
    Making three maps for Strife since Siege 2.0 is finished:
    Overhang
    Golgotha
    Levitate
    Levitate is similar to Overhang in the original concept, but Overhang changed from modern to primitivish and amazon, so yeah.
  10. waltster Regular Member

XP:
    133,890xp
    Hi,

I really like your enthusiasm and you've put a lot of work into this, but adding another gamemode without you programming it yourself is pretty unrealistic. Perhaps after the 1.9 update and a list of bugs are fixed the developers will have time.

I encourage you to keep working though! It looks good! Just don't expect it to be added soon. :D

Cheers,
    Walt
  11. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp

I will have to try coding it myself, but I have many hurdles to leap before such and it is pretty easy to get the weapons without their skins in with commands and to use a texture pack (and perhaps OptiFine) to give them the skins. The only hard parts are the perks and powerups. That and the gamemode itself are going to be difficult without a ton of spare time.
  12. bubblegumrockya Silver

XP:
    45,127xp
    cough "goldrush" cough
  13. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    My brain is dead a little. This is kind of like hungame but with a lot more cool stuff?

I'm not trashing your game with this response, I like tre detail and time you put in to make this look professional aswell.
  14. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    It actually isn't hunger games, it's a lot more like Call Of Duty Free-For-All but with mostly melee weapons, first player to get to a certain score wins the match.
    How you get items is by winning matches, at the end it will give you a random amount of resources based upon RNG elemants, how many players you killed, and who you killed; you also get a thing I like to call Strife Fabricators from time to time, but mostly with leveling up.

Thanks for the question! it tells me that people are looking at this post!
  15. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    That is probably what they are working on most along the bugfixes, just give them some time and they'll have it finished and ready...
  16. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    "Shotbow Strife" is a wonderful name, though I doubt for the reasons you hoped.
  17. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    and why do you think that "Shotbow Strife" is such a good name for this minigame?
  18. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Update:
    Overhang progress about 15%, once I finish it I'll continue on to Golgotha.
  19. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Strife Updatelog:
    • Added Knight's Pride, Wooden Tonfa, Quarterstaff, Capped Quarterstaff, Sapphire Staff, and Crystal Scepter.
    • Hinted at two more weapons.
    • Branch Of The Aether Tree has a solid path now.
    • More pronounced categories for weapons.
    • Overhang Progress 15%
    So I will be doing these updatelog things not only to revive this post every so often, but to tell everyone what is new too.
  20. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Strife Progress Update 1.0.5:
    • Added Materials: Chalk, Fish, Cacti, Limestone, Granite, Clay, Lapis Lazuli, Netherrack, Chorus Fruit, Gold, Redstone, Obsidian, Withered Skulls, Soul Sand, Diamonds, Endstone, Skyroot Wood, Marble, Nether Star, Shulker Shell.
    • Added Lucky Charm power-up.
    • Added Metal Tonfa and Ultra-Sandman weapons.
    • Added map log.
    • Added Brick Wall perk.
    • Shield catagory added.
    • Worked on Overhang, it's white now...