1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion December Monthly Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by 323465963, Oct 31, 2016.

Discussion - December Monthly Feedback Thread | Page 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    When you know you found a player with some experience that has never seen the wasted thread before

Jetpacks will stay OP, but there will be counters and maybe lower tier, easier to get jetpacks
    Tonko921 and _Dark_Messiah_ like this.

2. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Changes will be made.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  3. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    I still believe we need this....
    [IMG]
    More Sniper Rifles with Scopes.
    Tonko921, HypeTrains and 323465963 like this.
  4. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    True, the only sniper was the mosin Nagant and it didn't have a scope. Maybe a sniper with a scope that has a little more reload time
  5. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    I think the best way to counter jetpacks being OP is to undo the change that made them so OP: inventory persistency.

The original purpose of persistency was to preserve your stuff if you get disconnected or leave for a few minutes and come back. A secondary feature is that you can hop servers, which may or may not be desired.

The issue is that once you get OP gear, you can leave and come back to another game later, whose players may have not had the same time to acquire gear as you. From the point of view of that game, you may as well have spawned in the items; they never existed in that game, and you didn't acquire the resources to get them from that game.

So, the change I propose is to reduce the extent of persistency; you can only keep your items for as long as the last game you played on is still running. Suppose you are on a game which has 30 minutes remaining, and you quit; after those 30 minutes, your inventory is wiped.

Now, a lot of players like to hop servers in case one runs empty or they don't care for the final objective. If you change servers, your inventory won't be wiped; it only happens when you are offline, and the last server you played on closes.

I think this would be very reasonable and would also bring Wasted back to its original feel of worlds lasting only about a few hours, but also more importantly reviving the volatility that made the gamemode what it was. I also would expect more team play to happen, since the focus shifts more towards completing objectives and cooperating, rather than simply gearing up and trying to hold onto the gear forever, since everyone is going to be reset in an hour or two anyways.
    Tonko921, HypeTrains and Hydralaxius like this.
  6. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I've never liked this idea at all, but I do see where you are coming from. If this was added, it would be a nice addition to nerfing the jetpacks indirectly, as I talked about a couple of weeks ago.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  7. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Personally, although I'm not a fan of this, it really could resolve some of the issues. But when final objective hits, I noticed about 83-95% of People with gear will leave for another server.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  8. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    well if that is added than rip long killstreaks when the round ends
  9. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    I don't know how many times I have suggested this in the past. And I think you got onto the idea that jetpacks are exponential. Once you get one, it's a battle to get the next, but after 2, they begin to pile onto you faster and faster until you need a new way to store them, which got alternate accounts involved, a way to store up to 7 jetpacks, a PKP and a rocket launcher. This practice was called upon as scummy and I am ashamed to have used this. (I used the account for practical things outside of shotbow too, trust me.) The first objectives were always camped by jetpackers from the last match and made it just as difficult to take control of a fresh map as it was one in the final objective, perhaps even harder while the rest of the lower skill jetpackers began to trinkle into the server, as decent pickings for flight.

Now I want to start a new conversation, mechs.
    I think mechs were great. The only problem I had with them was that in order to get it to a city without having repaired it was a humongous pain. I think if they spawned with exactly enough health that they could jump and were not steaming, but one bit of damage from even a fist could bring it down to that point of the inability to jump. You could nerf it so that the rocket launcher was disabled until the mech was repaired too, so that it OP automatically, but makes it not completely obsolete after spawning.
    Tonko921 and SuperSayajinBela like this.
  10. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Other than new features, will things like jetpacks use old coding or be completely redone?
    Tonko921 likes this.
  11. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    - Jetpack storage on other accounts wasn't a "scummy" thing to do, it was the only thing to do to secure extra jetpacks.

- Mechs needed a disadvantage, therefore repair system was added. This means that you can't stomp town to town killing everyone without having anything happen to you.
  12. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    I think you misunderstand. One shot from anything and the mech is useless again. That way they could make it to town in a reasonable time but if contested the mech is still screwed.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  13. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    For the most part redone.
  14. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    No, it should be repaired in order to become mobile.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  15. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    then they should at least make it so when you jump you jump normally and not the giant jump.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  16. WastedControl Regular Member

XP:
    48,709xp
    Seriously alts were retarded. Can't believe you had the audacity to get one Hype.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  17. beezyo Regular Member

XP:
    3,145xp
    I dont really understand why everyone is upset at how op the jetpacks were. In my opinion, the low fuel they had and the rarity balanced it and if you at least tried there were a lot of counter plays against jpers not to mention the dozens of buildings you can hide in. the jetpacks made wasted unique, interesting and fun. For me they were rewards for holding objectives and killing enemys. I can understand changes but major nerfs would destroy wasted for me.
  18. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Completely true, some of the anti-jetpack hate isn't necessary and most of the nerfs people speak about are too powerful. I think the main problem is that new players to Wasted were overwhelmed by Jetpacks therefore something should be put in place for them, such as more buildings, cover, underground regions, more vehicles, new weapons and more.
  19. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Okay Semi-Off Topic, but can we please drop the ReviveWasted, Wasted Might Be Dead and especially the Wasted is dead bandwagon, Its in the process of being revamped, the bandwagon is nothing new, and nothing helpful. Please cant we just not hear it anymore? :3
    Tonko921 likes this.
  20. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Okay hold up HypeTrains/Brassbuiler, this is your alt, so... whats that say?
    Tonko921 and Hydralaxius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.