1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

December Monthly Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Andrew_64_MC, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp

Hey guys,
    Unfortunately I don't have much new to report as we sit here in this pre-1.9 stage. Final bug fixes and improvements are being made, in fact giants and pigmen have been the most recently tackled issue and should now work fine. Once the servers move to 1.9, however, we will have an exciting Origins update to look forward too. Remember you can expect to see a full list of changes with the 1.9 roll that will be quite similar to the one that went with the secret update. Oh, and don't forget Christmas as I hear there may be stuff brewing for that once again!

Beta Testing 1.9
    Although we identified the majority of the bugs, further testing as we go alone never hurts. By connecting to Shotbow with 1.9, you will be automatically directed to our 1.9 realm where you can access all games being tested for 1.9. With that being said, you can still connect to play 1.7/1.8 MineZ via the old way, and you should know that anything acquired on the 1.9 MineZ servers will eventually be replaced by your inventories from the live servers.

Old News

Origins and Revelations
    Although older now, both Origins and the interconnection of Revelations may still be an interesting read.

Purchasing Houses
    For $15, you can still purchase a sign in MineZ with your name on it. This sign will go on a house or grave in MineZ to mark it as your own. We will be giving out the best houses to those who order first. Visit our buycraft page as if you were to get xp, but instead look under the "Shotbow Swag" section.

Dungeon Specific Legendaries
    It has been complained enough that the random legendary system had some major flaws, and we are going to move over to a dungeon specific legendary system. Every dungeon, with the exception of the five elites, will receive either one or two unique legendaries that match its difficulty and style as best we can. While I cannot release the exact legendaries we will be using, I can tell you that they will include a mix of some current random dispenser legendaries, old removed legendaries, and never before released legendaries. Be prepared for the change!

Quick Points

Listed Below
    • The majority of MineZ bugs have been squashed.
    • As bugs are fixed, the changes are being rolled to the Beta servers.
    • 1.9 testing on MineZ should still continue.
    • Please report all additional bugs or suggestions you find on this thread or Jira.
    • You can still purchase signs to be put on houses in MineZ on the buycraft.
    • Work with MineZ Origins and Revelations continues.
    • Some old dungeons are getting updates.
    • Some new dungeons will be released.
    • Dungeons are getting legendaries that are specific to them.
    • Slight changes to the map here and there.
    • There will be a few chest placement changes around the map.
    • Things are gearing up for a christmas full of fun!
    • Lots more changes.
    (All these changes will occur post 1.9 testing)

Cheers, Andrew_64_MC
    Master_Nick, MTrout, Sam_F_ and 4 others like this.

2. Soularless Platinum

XP:
    158xp
    Looking forward to it! :)
    Sam_F_ and Andrew_64_MC like this.
  3. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    Yea, Origins is going to be a big update!
    Soular likes this.
  4. EBANTEN Platinum

XP:
    4,912xp
    is there an ETA for origins yet
  5. GunOverdose PR Co-Lead

XP:
    337,656xp
    This is a personal recommendation you guys. Pick a date to release 1.9, and pick a date for origins. Why? Let me explain.
    Due to the drawn out nature of 1.9 (let's be real, it's taken arguably way too long), you're going to need build hype back up for it. While Navarr did overhype the podcasts (which did annoy quite a few people), it did demonstrate how effective our public relations team can be. Apply that and a little extra to 1.9 update and origins, and you got some popularity coming back to shotbow. Ofcourse there will need to be improvements in advertisement and more YouTube attention, but thats up to the PR team to deal with. I would discuss with the builders and developers, get a release date out soon. Yes, I am aware people have lives and stuff happens, but it's something they has to be done for shotbow. We need to "MAKE SHOTBOW GREAT AGAIN".
  6. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp
    Keep up the good work, touch on the friend system for me, will you?
    Sam_F_ and Andrew_64_MC like this.
  7. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    I totally agree with you. The problem we have run into right now is that the developers have been unable to give a defiant release for 1.9 making something like this not only impossible but also potentially a huge let down if 1.9 keeps getting pushed back. One thing that might happen is 1.9 is rolled, and then we roll origins a week later allowing a week to build hype and be ready! This is obviously ideal, but it may not be possible. :(
  8. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    Yup, and no promises but I'd like to. First priority after bugs!
  9. GunOverdose PR Co-Lead

XP:
    337,656xp
    I hope the devs can buckle down and get a date ready in any case. Id rather not see it get dropped on us and we can't take advantage of it. We got to give the PR team enough time to build up the hype.
    Also, rumor has it there would be Christmas events like the Halloween one, is this true?
  10. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    Maybe, I don't want to feed any rumors that I'm not 100% sure about!
  11. KazumiMishima44 Platinum

XP:
    92,572xp
    I bought a house way back when they were re-announced, I was told my house would be added to a certain location, and that location has no house signs right now. I would've expected it to be added at this point.
  12. MTrout Platinum

XP:
    729,897xp
    Named houses will be added in the next map update. Until then, you will have to continue waiting patiently, sorry.
    It should not be too much longer though!
  13. KazumiMishima44 Platinum

XP:
    92,572xp
    Thank you.
    MTrout likes this.
  14. FlareMeOn Regular Member

XP:
    24,752xp
    I'd love to beta test, any chance i could?
  15. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    Anyone can help beta test the update on the beta instance, which can be accessed via 1.9/1.10/1.11 at beta.shotbow.net
    MTrout likes this.
  16. FlareMeOn Regular Member

XP:
    24,752xp
    cheers thank you :)
  17. voidsquad_elite Regular Member

XP:
    16,957xp
    hello everyone! i am currently playing on the 1.9 beta servers of minez, and currently i have a couple of problems that i want so say so that it can be fixed. other thing is that i will find bugs/glitches/errors/wrong placed bloks/redstone in this beta testing server so my question is, where can i report this? thanks for the time and i hope i could help reporting this to make the beta servers more 1.9 ready!

~voidsquad_elite
  18. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    You can report bugs with the form here. It is most helpful for tracking purposes if you make a separate report for each bug. Thanks for helping out.
    MTrout likes this.
  19. voidsquad_elite Regular Member

XP:
    16,957xp
    thanks for the quik relpy! i will fill out each bug/glitch separate and will try to find more so it can be helped/solved!
    Andrew_64_MC likes this.