1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Servers EULA Compliance News

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HighlifeTTU, Oct 4, 2016.

Servers - EULA Compliance News | Page 5
  1. Varh Obsidian

XP:
    36,289xp
    I'll survive these rules.
    __GLACIO__ and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.

2. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    You're Demfab, right?

Oky' enough has been said...

You ain't an DSurvivor :wink: :heart:
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.
  3. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    Mojang "blacklists" the server and blocks the IP addresses in the client (so that no one can connect to the server.)

Because Mojang is enforcing this on not only our server, but every server who has anything breaking their EULA.

EULA stands for End User License Agreement, which is the list of terms and conditions that everyone agrees to when they purchase a Minecraft account. Mojang changed their EULA on August 1st, 2014 to state that all servers must..

• Give players without ranks the same access to the games as players with ranks
    • Remove any pay-to-win features
    • Any purchasable ranks must no longer have any game-changing perks
    • No purchasing virtual currency with real money
    Mojang's full EULA can be found here.

We already use an advertising service on our website. Have you not seen them?

[IMG]

The EULA does not limit this, but we'd have to decide if spending our time on that would be worth it to us. That would be another job to stack onto Navarr/Highlife/someone else's already large workload, plus we'd have to constantly keep up with it... It's something to think about.

[IMG]
    Screenshot taken from Mojang's EULA Explanation post #1, found here.
  4. lJuanGB Platinum

XP:
    128,114xp
    I dont usually see them. I have my adblock truned off for this web, but it somehow still blocks it. I will take a look at the setting to see what could be wrong.
  5. red892 Silver

XP:
    103,492xp
    Will it be all previous premium members that will have access to the private servers? I bought silver back in the day, will I be allowed in the private servers?
  6. TmGirlSwek Emerald

XP:
    406,026xp
    Mhm.. i like this idea with the new rank + gives me a good feeling when i give a XP multiplier to the non-prems ;D
    mmertTR and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  7. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    No, you must have a non-expired premium rank to join via our premium-only IP.
  8. red892 Silver

XP:
    103,492xp
    What if I buy another silver before it ends, will I be able to go on the premium servers full time when EUla comes into play?
  9. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    You will be able to access the premium servers until your new package runs out. Aka if you buy another silver now, you will be able to access those server until 3 months from now. If you buy silver a month from now, you will be able to access the servers from then until 3 months from then.
    MTrout and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  10. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    So if everyone is going to gain xp multiplier that's a bit scam i think.I don't mean it's Shotbow's fault and i can't blame them but seriously why i paid 20$ for my Silver if everyone will have the same thing...
  11. lJuanGB Platinum

XP:
    128,114xp
    Well... You paid for having the XP multiplier long before anyone else plus you will always have your multi. In the case you were alone at a server and didn't have a rank, you wouldn't gain x2. Also, you have "only" paid 20$, but I am sure you will benefit from much higher multipliers.
    Also, you still keep the vanity part of the rank.

PS: The 9gag is strong in your signature
    _Candere and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  12. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

This is what will hurt us (and has certainly hurt other servers) the most.

The free to play model which we use means those who are willingly to unlock content faster can help support us through premium membership. Those who want to play to earn their ingame content can do so at a slower rate.

This is a well established model. We pride ourselves by being balanced - not making the Shotbow XP gain too slow for those who are free players, meaning they are not forced to buy Premium to realistically unlock the content we offer. Furthermore all ingame content (kits for Annihilation/MineZ, Party Pass, cosmetics, etc) is available for all players. We limit our Premium perks to have little ingame advantages.

Unfortunately for us Mojang just doesn't care about this fair play model. It means we are going to need to ask players to pay more for less, not a great incentive. As always we'll come up with unique rewards for Premium players, it will just take more time to develop gamemodes as we have to focus on keeping our income stream afloat with cosmetic and other EULA compliant perks.

As Highlife said on the front post, we don't agree with this new EULA's far stretching definitions which fundamentally shift the goalposts of how we run. We'll just have to try out best to ride it out.
  13. Christian_PVP_ Regular Member

XP:
    77,329xp
    RIP Events for non-prem users?
  14. Arkenssine Regular Member

XP:
    26,720xp
    This server used to be so big until it slowly crippled down to a multi-large server with the eula the owners must work even harder to maintain it, i hope this servers there to last
  15. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Whilst we will still hold events for free players there will be a big shift towards Premium Only events.
  16. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    I've gotcha covered :wink:!
    Tonkotsuramen921 and RichRamp like this.
  17. ItzKaspian Platinum

XP:
    947,712xp
    This will be a big step in an unkown Direction.
    Arkenssine and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  18. TechoNinja Platinum

XP:
    186,791xp
    Reminds me of the first time they did this, but since we survived the first time this occurred, I am confident that we will be able to get though it again.
  19. Icryh Emerald

XP:
    145,200xp
    That's very good. If premium server hacker should also not: D
  20. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    Will plats still be able to upgrade to emerald, obsidian, and this new rank? The ranks don't give any more perks than plat so I don't see a problem with it.