1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted in the Coming Year Part II

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, Jul 18, 2016.

Wasted in the Coming Year Part II | Page 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    It is a long ways out yet, but we've had some very long discussions within the Wasted team over the monumental list of jet pack balancing proposals, and we have 3 that we've narrowed it down to that we think would be the most fun and still preserve normal non-frustrating, simplistic gameplay. I won't disclose them at this time, but each will have its chance to be thoroughly tested on its own by staff before the community ever smells a beta, and even then the mechanics will be flexible.

As I've said before, the Wasted Project (hereby referred to as Wasted Survival) focuses on limited changes on an unlimited scope. By that, we are rewriting everything; fresh code, fresh start, better bug resolution as an end result. We seek to expand upon the core elements of what Wasted was. That might mean any number of changes made to existing features, while still preserving core aspects, and new features will be limited to the enhancement of what was already present. New objective types for example, or new classifications of guns that have unique attributes for example. Tweaking, yes, everything will be tweaked. We have yet to cull any aspect of the game however.

Again, personally, my goals as a reflection of what has been expressed by the community reside with a few basic principles:
    - Preserving simplicity
    - Style favorable to PC performance (Declare war on dense forests)
    - Remaining faithful to the core gamemode
    - Reduce periods of stagnancy in gameplay
    - Enhance opportunities for acquiring and using gear
    - Balancing while avoiding major nerfing
    - Expand upon core mechanics, focusing on variety, variability, and replayability

2. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    can I make the terrain for the map pls :heart:
    Or I have a map you can use. 3 towns but you can add more.
  3. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Thank you!
  4. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I understand you're trying to help out, which is cool and all. In all honestly, let the professionals deal with map terrain and buildings. When Wasted was first released, it looked really nicely done. I'm sure if we let them do their thing again, taking on our ideas. They can make something worthwhile, and amazing.
    Low_Ping and _Dark_Messiah_ like this.
  5. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    What to do for the next 8 months....
    HypeTrains, Hydralaxius and NotDiezel like this.
  6. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    My favorite and I think MOST IMPORTANT part was "Remaining faithful to the core game mode"
    Hydralaxius likes this.
  7. KounterattacK Gold

XP:
    139,335xp
    I never liked jetpacks... granted I never got one :wink:
  8. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Im sure developers are working on making more possibilities to get them

( - enhance opportunities to aquire and use gear )
    Low_Ping and 323465963 like this.
  9. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    There a couple of good games coming out from now until Christmas, you should definitely play some. Dishonored 2 is something to be looking forward too, and I am indeed hyped. I'll be making some YouTube videos on it too.
    _Dark_Messiah_ likes this.
  10. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp

Weren't you on my map? For when I was trying to remake wasted?
  11. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Yeah I was, and it was impressive for one person. But it definitely wouldn't fit in the large scale of things. That map was simply too small, the terrain was slightly less in depth than the normal Wasted one, and the towns and cities were out of place, and out of proportion. For example, your house with the webs in the middle of a city. Another example would be that wooden skyscraper I recall, which just looked odd. I really don't want to come off offensive, but I couldn't imagine that to be the Wasted 2.0 map in anyway, it would need a lot of improvements.

From the looks of things, the developers are already putting a lot of effort into Wasted. They most likely have an image of what they want the next map to look like, and have plans already. They may have already even started the building process.
  12. monkeyman2212 Regular Member

XP:
    45,046xp
    >small update, july 26
    >september 24, wasted still hasn't appeared.

Just say that it's not coming back. The same thing happened with MineZ guns. They promised it was gonna come back and it was gonna be the best minigame. Guess what, it never came back! If you're retiring the gamemode, just say it.
  13. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    You're being quite unrealistic. MineZ with Guns was not very popular to begin with, Wasted held more than likely 3 times the popularity than MineZ with guns. Patience is the Key to all things in life, like your desire for a new movie, game, or for school to be over. Like your dreams of a burrito at Chipotle, you have to wait for the line and wait for them to prepare it. It is a process.
    Hydralaxius likes this.
  14. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Dark Messiah made a perfect point. MineZ with guns didn't have nearly as much popularity as Wasted had. In addition to that, Wasted pretty much filled in the space for MineZ with guns, and was a huge success. Due to the various bugs and gameplay issues, they'll be remaking Wasted from the ground up. MineZ with guns was nothing like this, that's why it didn't happen.
  15. TheHivVirus Regular Member

XP:
    131,582xp
    Do you guys think wasted will be a huge success, or will it end up like MTA? MTA was pretty much supposed to be the next thing, and now it's mostly empty. I believe the new Wasted won't revive shotbow, however Wasted has a loyal player base so there will be a steady number of players. Thoughts?
    _Dark_Messiah_ and Hydralaxius like this.
  16. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    -_-

We're NOT retiring it. But please, have a little more patience.

I can't say what exactly is being implemented in wasted, but damn, is it amazing. This stuff will literally metaphorically blow your mind. One of our main developers, ABUDoctor, is doing some revolutionary work that'll change the current setup of gun-based gamemodes in Minecraft. Although, keep in mind, developers like him, have other priorities too (work, school, family, etc.). I have complete faith in that the final product of Sandbox will bring Wasted back to it's former glory, if not grander.
  17. TechnicalTrouble Gold

XP:
    5,105xp
    Godspeed, numbers.
    323465963 likes this.
  18. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    I believe if we could actually have a strong emphasis on it it will be a decent comeback.
  19. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    323465963 has a gift of emphasis. Be like 323/Numbers.
    323465963 likes this.
  20. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    If Wasted were to be discontinued entirely, my tag would read "Retired" first (not to say if I were to retire you should assume Wasted isn't going to come out :stuck_out_tongue: ). The differences between the past and now are significant. Wasted now sports a dedicated team, which no gamemode had back then. Doc is a fantastic developer as well, and has pushed the bounds of what we thought possible going into the project. We're sitting very pretty as a community right now. Updates on development may not come for a while, but working is being done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.