1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted in the Coming Year Part II

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, Jul 18, 2016.

Wasted in the Coming Year Part II | Page 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHivVirus Regular Member

XP:
    131,582xp
    Couldn't one person with a mech easily lock down an entire section of the railway. Due to it being underground, jet packers can't really fly well down there and foot troops can't really escape unless if they backtrack their steps. A mech could possibly camp down there and just spray in the straight line and land all the shots since most underground metro's are tight and dense.

2. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Mechs would, I imagine, be awfully clumsy to move around in the tunnels. Their jump would hit the ceiling likely, and anyone who can hit the ceiling with an explosion would have a high probability of doing significant damage to it.

This will be a consideration though, certainly, when building.
  3. DassDice Regular Member

XP:
    23,848xp
    Maybe add a drone that is really rare to finde. And when you ativate it you can fly in to a city and look if there are ppl there. (Just to scout)
    But it cant attack and can be destroyed really easy. Maybe this can be a good thing to have when you go in to citys and check if its dangerus.

I know that this can be a bad thing to have and maybe a good thing.

(And sorry if my english is not on point.)
  4. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    I think that would be very hard to create, but possible with time.

I think it should be a 1-use drone, with a 1 minute max. When you are using it, it shouldn't show your nametag, and you should look like you are wearing a headset to other people. You should still be able to die normally, in that case the drone dies too. To use it, (example) hold it in your hand, shift and press H to start. It should start 1 block in front of you. The controls should be WASD, space and shift, and the mouse to look in a direction (like flying In creative). In your status bar (above the hotbar) it should show the time you have left, and how to stop immediately.

This is just my thoughts on how it should work, if it is even added.
  5. DassDice Regular Member

XP:
    23,848xp

Yea that seems pretty cool. I like that. :D
  6. Lily97 Silver

XP:
    28,624xp
    Hey Goatman

Just don't get rid of my 1911 :wink:
  7. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    How about dual wielding them instead? :lmao:
    Doctors_Hate_Her and NotDiezel like this.
  8. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Making me want to play l4d2 now.
  9. TheHivVirus Regular Member

XP:
    131,582xp
    Speaking of duel wielding, does it only apply to pistols, or will it be like the Wolfenstein series where you are able to duel wield shotguns and assault rifles? It could be possible to do this since they added duel wielding in 1.9. I think it would be fun if we were able to be unload two AA12's at a group of players. The drawbacks would obviously be that it eats up ammo fast.
  10. StijnHansen Regular Member

XP:
    6,060xp
    I've got a question about the classes. I spent hours grinding out enough points to buy the permanent scout class. My question is; when the Wasted 2.0 gets released to people who had permanent classes get them back? That would make me very happy.
  11. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    While the classes might not all behave the same way as before, some for of equivalent value exchange is planned. That is, purely as an example, if you had bought scout but we no longer have the scout class, you will receive whatever stealth class is made in its place.
  12. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    How would shooting with dual wielding work, Would it be that when you right click both guns shoot?
    Just curious :)
  13. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    We aren't sure about dual wielding yet. It may still be a feature we're not going to explore at this time. That's a ways down the road though.
  14. rapidclicker Regular Member

XP:
    6,134xp
    i'm a wasted player from the very beginning to the very end and the reason why everyone left was because of a bug were all vehicles would glitch into the ground every time you wanted to go up hill which really sucked. So i'm really glad that wasted is coming back and wasted will always be my favorite game modes, and the one of the only game mode i made friends with. And one BIG question, will there still be something like eton where at the beginning of a new game there were two some what filled jet packs next to the road entering eton, will it still be there or something like it at the beginning of a new game?(i still want it to still be there or in the new map)

oh and a couple other big game play resources on youtube

WholeMilkLP: https://www.youtube.com/user/WholeMilkLP

NickskibikeFilms:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtPP-mBTwo0MjsmzIRaGDHg

BOTB_justalittle: https://www.youtube.com/user/Justalittled

YOGSCAST Martyn: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWiPkogV65gqqNkwqci4yZA

WASTED IS NOT DEAD YET!!!
  15. VerizonMobile Regular Member

XP:
    12,234xp
    Is there any news on where Wasted is going?
  16. crabsgod Silver

XP:
    15,121xp
    He has multiple channels, 1 for COD and other games like that (TBNRFrags) and another for Minecraft, (PrestonPlayz)
  17. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Any new things on wasted, how ideas work or progress, I'd just like to stay updated.
  18. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    It seems like development is continuing, and that's what we're wanting. It's been a couple of weeks, let them work on things and they'll speak out whenever they need to. Just sit back, relax. And wait a month or two. Wasted isn't going to be done in one day.
  19. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Gears are turning, but the engine is not hooked up to any visible display.
    eggspert7820 and Low_Ping like this.
  20. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    Great analogy, I think that reflects most work developers do... If anyone knows anything about this game it would be Robert, after all he is the lead of it. I don't think I could possibly add to what Robert says from what I know. Basically he summarized all shotbow projects that aren't shown the progress. Stuff is always happening, even you think they have given up, people are still working on it. You wouldn't want to rush a developer the same way you don't want to rush a cook. The same reason you raise an eye when you see that your fish took 3 minutes to cook. Let them take their time and create their masterpiece, it will always be worth the wait.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.