1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Wasted in the Coming Year Part II

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, Jul 18, 2016.

Wasted in the Coming Year Part II | Page 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    This is an awesome idea. Definitely something that would spark an interest in Wasted again, just like when it was first released! Even if it's just purely for its aesthetics. It would be a truly, wonderful addition to the map. Especially the underground part. I always imagined it being some kind of underground train type system to scavenge around and find gear down there, with secret exits and shortcuts around the area.

Maybe take some inspiration from Rust, a game which I've been playing constantly over the last few weeks. The map gives a good idea on what structures should be placed around the map. The railroad can be one that could be placed near the centre of the map, which everyone would go to, since there's a great advantage there of finding friends and going to other cities quickly.

Here's the map:
    http://imgur.com/a/7FeFw

2. VerizonMobile Regular Member

XP:
    12,234xp
    Robert will there be another map viewing tool such as the old one?
    http://www.minemap.net/Wasted

And if there is, maybe make a dynamic map so you are able to find other players easier.
  3. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Having a live view of online players has its pros and cons. That will need some discussion of its own. I fully intend there will be a static map however.
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.
  4. Doctors_Hate_Her Regular Member

XP:
    13,577xp
    I think underground things would be great, perhaps it would be possible to collapse areas, but using only high-grade explosives (i.e., more expensive C4, or Singularities, but not M79s or vehicle explosions.)
  5. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    The technical implications of underground explosions will need to be worked out. I would think the amount of lag caused by blasting a hole from subterranean to surface would be devastating if it were like old explosion physics.
  6. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Maybe you could just make it that the blocks say 10 blocks above the tunnel roof can't be exploded. This would make it so if there is an explosion, only a few blocks will fall and cave in, not all the way to the surface.
  7. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    This has died out extremely quickly. I'd like to mention something, which is going to impact a new Wasted a lot. Shotbow doesn't have the players. I'm starting to think that a new Wasted wouldn't even do well. It's quite evident here in the forums. There's only a select few people posting ideas and input. I'm sorry, but I don't think a new Wasted is going to be possible anymore, unless Shotbow miraculously becomes larger.
  8. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Wasted WILL make shotbow bigger. When youtubers that used to play wasted hear about it, they will defiantly want to play. YouTube alone could bring tens of thousands of players to shotbow. Once a fair amount of people know about it, shotbow would gain a lot of players. What kind of server gives you games like wasted, minez, annihalination, and lots of other games that you never see anywhere else, without having to download mods?
  9. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Wasted will not make Shotbow bigger at all. Did you see MineZ 2 making Shotbow bigger at all? No, you didn't. People are joining bigger servers that offer so much more. Mods are extremely easy to download, so your point is completely false there. Shotbow would not gain a tremendous amount of players at all. At this point in time. Most minecraft youtubers are either into pvp or a modded series.
  10. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Where the word "possible" came into this, I have no idea. The Wasted project is being powered by the development work of ABUDoctor, who is a remarkable developer. What he is creating will not be found anywhere else; exclusively unique, making possible the "impossible". His efforts are supported by the Wasted team, small yes, but dedicated. And for me personally, I am responsible for interactions with the remaining members of the existing community - yes, there aren't many who have a presence of the forums. What ideas are presented here we do take into careful consideration: I cannot give an accurate figure of just how many suggestions from the forums have been either wholesomely adopted or to some degree influence Wasted's direction, but it is significant. No one is obligated to contribute their opinion, but they forfeit the chance to make an impact on the game; that is their choice.

I'm not really sure what the intent of your comment was. We are actively working on developing new content for the server, that's how servers grow. If you were suggesting in some manner that we give up on Wasted, that is one suggesting I would wholeheartedly throw out the door with all respect.

Now, that aside, I also understand the points you made sourced from the current state of the network. It is undeniable we have fewer players on average per day than when Wasted first came out. We also had fewer players prior to Wasted's release than we did after it came out. If I did not believe that there are players who want the experience Wasted offers, I would not be investing my own time in this project.

I appreciate your concern. However, for the purpose of this discussion, it is off topic. We are not giving up on Wasted. It is my sincere hope you will be pleasantly surprised upon its eventual release. Having a dedicated team to promote its future and development is one key difference from before that will definitely keep it going strong - that is something many games including MineZ 2 lacked in the past.

Apart from all of that, pertaining to your last statement, if all YouTubers are into mods and PvP at present, would it not be time for something different? :)
  11. Doctors_Hate_Her Regular Member

XP:
    13,577xp
    Either way, we only have really four people contributing to this discussion at this point, making it an echo chamber. I think that with all that has been told to the team, we should wait and say anything else after we are given more specific details about how it is coming along, so more, fresh opinions jump in.
    Hydralax likes this.
  12. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    I think we should add a p30 to wasted.
  13. Doctors_Hate_Her Regular Member

XP:
    13,577xp
    Wonderful, high-quality ideas coming from this guy.
  14. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    There needs to be a dislike button...

Sorry, my wifi was down for a couple days
  15. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    It's nice to see a developer actually putting some input into this. I really hope Wasted does well, and I'm really looking forward to it. The point I was making revolves around the Shotbow network, when it comes out. I just want enough members to support it. If it isn't popular, youtubers aren't going to play it. If it does gain some popularity, and youtubers do start playing it. That would be my dream, I've always loved Wasted and I'm always going to be around to support it. I'd never simply just state. Give up on Wasted. It's such a good game to ever do that, and some of the ideas people have suggested for the game have been amazing so far, which I hope we keep up.

Now that you've mentioned something Robert. That's given me a bit more hope for a future Wasted. If development continues like it is right now, and more spectacular ideas keep coming. I'm sure Wasted will be something to behold. There's a lack of people actually giving input into the threads though, which is a problem. I want to see some variety. Someone suggesting something and three people agreeing isn't exactly helpful since there's bound to be people who will disagree. We need everyone to help with Wasted. Nevertheless I can't wait for Wasted. Thanks for clarifying what's going on right now. :)
  16. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    A youtuber that once played gun game a couple years ago now has about 2.7 million subs... If he plays again...
  17. PurplePugs Gold

XP:
    18,261xp
    Who?
  18. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Tbnrfrags (PrestonPlays)
  19. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    He isn't even a Minecraft youtuber. Well not atleast anymore. Many of the youtubers who played Wasted have moved on.
  20. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    The last 4 videos he uploaded were minecraft. Yes, they were modded, but wasted is pretty much modded too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.