1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Map: Siege

Discussion in 'Gun Game' started by DerMongoose118, Jul 21, 2016.

Other - Map: Siege
  1. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Introduction:
    Siege is a wide-open map with lots of small nooks and crannies to hide in, a big tower in the middle & some close-quarters elements mixed in. Siege is intended to be able to cater to several types of play at once, whether it be rushing out to the frontline or sneaking about and surprising your foes!

What is the layout?
    Siege has two large oblong arenas, each with a spawn attached at the end. both arenas meet up at the tower, which is a sniper spot and has two bridges to more close-quarters areas and has a ladder to the catacombs part of the map. The catacombs are accessible from the two spawns, the tower, and the two close-quarters areas, and are a spanning network of tunnels and crevices to hide in. The rest of the area is just background and scenery.

Why is this unique?
    It is unique because it caters to multiple playstyles at once. Albeit Politics can do the same, Siege has more variety, while most of the time Politics has either a run-and-gun playstyle or a camper playstyle.

Any screenshots?
    Yes. I do.

Butt, unfortunately Imgur doe not want to give me a BBCode for the album so I will put every single image up at once.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Do you have any other maps?
    Yes, I do, I have made a Der Riese clone map for Slaughter and a couple of SMASH maps (one is very small, but finished).

Hope You Will Enjoy!

Tonkotsuramen921 and KoenigApfel like this.

2. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    Sounds interesting, but I wish you had waited to post this until you had the screenshots/ finished the map. However I am glad to see people still care enough to attempt at making a map. Once you are finished make sure to add some screenshots, so the community can see the hard work you have done. :)
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.
  3. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    I can send a picture of the arenas and the tower, but I'm still detailing the actual battlefield and only half of that is done (I won't bother with the scenery or the nooks and crannies in the catacombs part of the map as that would take a long time and I intend to release this before autumn, but as a heads up the tower is the only old thing in the map so everything will not look as worn down). :wink:
  4. SakuraWolf Platinum

XP:
    162,265xp
    Sounds like an interesting map! I look forward to see it when its complete c:
  5. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Thanks! It is almost finished so I'll eventually get some screenshots! :)
  6. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Guys, I don't know how to get screenshots and images onto the post.

Someone please help. o_O
  7. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    Well if you took them with imgur you can click the picture of a tree and enter the URL when prompted. If that doesn't work just paste the direct links in a message and we can look. :)
  8. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    Upload your image to an image hosting site such as imgur (imgur.com). Then when the image is on the site, right click it and click "open image in new tab". Copy the url from the new page, which should end in .png, .jpeg, or another image file extension. Then in your post on the forums here click the little tree icon and paste that link in. Your image should now appear in the post!
    Tonkotsuramen921 and DutchBartje like this.
  9. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Yeah, I figured it out before via another post, I can now load my screenshot up to the forums once I get them (the map is finished so I can get some right now).

Thanks for the info anyways!
  10. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
  11. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    I have them up on imgur, getting them on now due to prvious difficulties.
  12. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp

I attempted a map and I opened up to the community to finish it. Never got a reply. It looks good, just doesn't have an set of buildings. Idk the link rn.
  13. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    It doesn't have much scenery beyond the seats because it is meant as a coliseum, the walls are blocking view of the houses. But thanks for calling it good, I still am going to add some stuff onto the two sides of the coliseum and possibly have some buildings poking up over the wall, will probably just add to the actual arena though.
  14. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    It will probably be out in public when I figure out how to send the map to Shotbow, so yeah.
  15. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp

I was talking about my map, but you have good pathing, which is essentially what I focused on, and is very important to the flow of a game.
  16. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Laptop got wiped ;-;

Means I will have to make Siege all over again :(

Oh well, at least the new Siege will be bigger...
  17. Tonkatsu129 Platinum

XP:
    158,886xp
    Wow
    Very big
    Hollow_Leg likes this.
  18. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    Much like. Very castle. Wow.
  19. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    Progress on Siege 2.0 is near complete, expect it to be ready sometime soon, like not very soon but somewhat soon.
    SakuraWolf likes this.