1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Wasted in the Coming Year

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Robertthegoat, Apr 19, 2016.

Discussion - Wasted in the Coming Year | Page 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Boy..
    4:44
    I actually spoke and had my old name.
    And still wanted to do that giveaway... ;-;

2. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Awesome
  3. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    You said describe it, so I did... But I will say I kinda got carried away.
    _Dark_Messiah_ likes this.
  4. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    RIP BrassBuilder/HypeTrains... I thought I would see you but I guess not. And why so negative saying no one will come back?
  5. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I think you're being too negative, he doesn't mean that no one will come back, he just means that people who were playing probably won't come back and it won't have as much popularity as before. What you do need to remember though is that a sandbox gun game in minecraft is mind blowing, and if it's advertised right. Imagine how many people would be coming on. Many children love minecraft, and their beloved call of duty. Both of them in one game but in a sandbox world is sure to bring some people along.
    HypeTrains and _Dark_Messiah_ like this.
  6. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    It wouldnt be too hard to advertise, but we'll have to put some effort, so Hydra is right Egg. But who else alongside me will be willing to advertise or spread the word?
    HypeTrains likes this.
  7. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    Well, what you said is true, and I guess I was too negative. But I never really played wasted when it had hundreds of players online at a time, so I am used to not very many players online.
  8. TreyTehRedstoner Platinum

XP:
    38,203xp
    Maybe with the addition of the Shotbow Medie/Film crew, they could make an uber-cool trailer for wasted. Would surely bring in lots of people if done right.
    _Dark_Messiah_ and Hydralax like this.
  9. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    That was the peak of Wasted, and it was definitely a fun part of my life. If you were there I'm sure you'd say the same. It was so easy to get addicted too, and you couldn't stop.
  10. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    Yeah, this would be an amazing idea. Some help from the Shotbow media in a good trailer and a couple of episodes of Wasted itself put into some kind of film would definitely be appealing to everyone who plays Shotbow. But we have the problem of the main server population itself. Everyone can agree that Shotbow use to be one of the most popular servers on Minecraft, but has dropped in the last year and is more like an underdog now. I just can't think of anything in our power to fix that fact.
  11. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    This thread went a little off-topic with the nostalgia train, but that's Ok! What I really want to extract from you guys is exactly what you think "Revived Wasted" should look like.

We've had discussions about limiting some of the gameplay freedom and sandboxish aspects in favor of a bit more structure/straightforward goals, and subsequently less of the old "hunting-a-big-map-in-search-of-players". This would also include gear that does not persist game to game, think more like Anni in that sense; kits would be customizable of course and contain all the features of the old Sandbox Wasted (and more), but would lack the necessity to be acquired via hunting/killing every round in favor of purchases for example.

This is just one idea. Hate or love it, tell us why!!!
  12. Eggspert7820 Regular Member

XP:
    221,001xp
    I liked the freedom part of wasted the most in the game. Changing that would be a giant change in the kind of game wasted is, and i myself don't really want that. I want wasted to have the same aspect as before.
  13. TreyTehRedstoner Platinum

XP:
    38,203xp
    I love the "gear not persisting game to game idea," it'd be awesome for everyone to start a game on the ground, fairly, and have to work their way to the top of the scoreboard every game.

I'd personally like more sandbox freedom, in the form of adding more "structures" players can move and make forts and whatnot out of.
    Maybe add beef rations? Purchasable at a shop or randomly found less commonly than bread in chests.
  14. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    As was it a part of mine, It always comes to my mind atleast a few times a day. Memories never die.
  15. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Personally I believe it should be like it used to. But that's just in my case.
    The ability to keep your gear was in my opinion better, I believe it gives Wasted it's own unique touch.
    But in my case, I'd like it to be as it originally was, midairshooting, Persist with gear from game to game. just as it was back in around 1.5.2.
  16. Leatherdevil Regular Member

XP:
    14,595xp
    I have to disagree on that one. I liked Wasted because as Dark Messiah said "I believe it gives Wasted it's own unique touch."
    It was always nice to not have the common round system implemented into a huge sandbox game which was Wasted. Making it into a round game would become repetitive and annoying in my opinion. I know fresh spawning sounds cool and all but achieving all that gear, then eventually starting over possibly ending your kill streaks and more would be horrible.
  17. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    It would feel more like a chore if it became a round-based game in my case.
  18. TreyTehRedstoner Platinum

XP:
    38,203xp
    I suppose keeping gear would actually be better, now that I think about it. It's great to not keep gear, theoretically, but that's only assuming people play from the beginning to end of a wasted match. Many people aren't going to play several hours straight.
  19. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Logically We would like to keep it incase We have to do things, like school or shopping, etc. and we don't want to deal with a hassle. You know?
    TreyTehRedstoner likes this.
  20. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Oh yeah, what if someone crashes.
    Hydralax likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.