1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion What do we want?

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by BrassBuilder, Apr 17, 2016.

Discussion - What do we want? | Page 3
?

Which of my ideas do you want to see?

This poll will close on Apr 15, 2026 at 9:35 AM.
new map 12 vote(s) 63.2%
jetpack balancing 8 vote(s) 42.1%
Mech Changes 10 vote(s) 52.6%
Kevlar tears(?) 15 vote(s) 78.9%
Tutorial system 12 vote(s) 63.2%
Sheep car 11 vote(s) 57.9%
SRAW 7 vote(s) 36.8%
Poll choice... 5 vote(s) 26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp

[IMG]

2. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Okay lets keep on topic.
    BrassBuilder likes this.
  3. WastedControl Regular Member

XP:
    48,709xp
    "323 has quoted your response"
    "there may be more posts after this"
    Well. Boy was I in for a surprise.
    RichRamp likes this.
  4. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    What about mechs though?
    What do you guys think should happen with mechs?
  5. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    No matter what happens with mechs and jet packs gameplay-wise, I really want to see implemented purchasable (and unlockable) particle trails. Can you not envy a guy who jets through the skies, spreading death, all the while farting rainbows out the back?
    100PercentHippo and BrassBuilder like this.
  6. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    I believe that it should be how it originally was with Mechs and Jetpacks.
  7. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    YES PLEASE!
    But make it for jetpacks only.
    DiezelTheo and KoenigApfel like this.
  8. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    Po-ta-to Pot-ah-to
  9. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    nuuuu
  10. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    No sense in just limiting it to jetpack particles. Mech particles, bullet trails, explosion effects, mech land particles (I realized I typed that twice but I'm too tired to press backspace so I'm going on this little tangent), player particles, vehicle trails, and maybe even a custom beacon color when capturing a DZ. The possibilities are endless!
    Cahillguy and KoenigApfel like this.
  11. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Bullet trails would be awesome if you could customize them.
  12. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    I'm just the guy who's realistic with particles
    BrassBuilder likes this.
  13. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    I don't want someone walking around a town with rainbow particles. I think mech landings are cool, but no rainbows, and not for ground players. And I think it would be a wast of time to add custom explosion particles. But the dz colors are smart :)
    Bullet trails could be more of a frustration than a way to show off, especially when sniping and taking out a group of people. You shoot one person and the rest of the group probably doesn't know where they're getting shot from yet. With particle trails they know where you are already. HOWEVER if you had the trail for fireballs or HE grenades that would be fine. How would you like it to see your friend obliterated by a my little pony ender pearl that blows up on impact.
    Cahillguy likes this.
  14. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    My Little Pony, per the Roseluck dungeon in MineZ, is illegal. No worries there. Seriously though, particle trails on bullets could have some really cool implementations, and would be a toggled feature. Think of the potential with tracer rounds.
    323465963 likes this.
  15. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    We gonna keep on topic for the most part?
  16. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
    Disagree with gun kick (MTA, and just in general)
    No to remove fall protection (lag falls happen way too often, and often lose many hearts despite perfect landings)
    BrassBuilder likes this.
  17. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    You nailed it.

But for gun kick I think it could work by making the player's view actually go up, not give the player knockback, that's gross.
    I know you can do that in vanilla by tping someone like this: /tp @p ~ ~ ~. This changes location but add two more values: /tp @p ~ ~ ~ x y, and you can now change where some1 is looking. So If I want to reset someone's looking position I could to /tp @p ~ ~ ~ 0 0, or if I wanted to make them look down, /tp @p ~ ~ ~ 0 90. To look up I could use /tp @p ~ ~ ~ 0 -90. I may have mixed up x and y and gotten the negatives wrong but it is direction orientated and I think can work.
    NotDiezel likes this.
  18. _Dark_Messiah_ Regular Member

XP:
    16,494xp
    Whys everything gotta be so complicated, just Go back to how it was during 1.5.2
    BrassBuilder likes this.
  19. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    More accurate kick can be applied simply by giving the player's pitch a quick bump. It forces the camera up, changing where the gun is aiming, and simulating barrel rise. That would be how I would implement kick anyways.
  20. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    MTA's method of recoil is just pure knockback, that differs with each gun. I haven't seen any knockback that can force the player's camera up, but that would be a neater thing if it's possible to implement.
    KoenigApfel likes this.