1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Servers Shotbow 1.9 Plans

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HighlifeTTU, Mar 3, 2016.

Servers - Shotbow 1.9 Plans | Page 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    So why are you complaining then? It's only one of six skills which can't be used extensively. A skill which "doesn't make as big of a difference as you would think"

2. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    The attack rate is the same as 1.7. Which is there are at most 20 tics per second and there are 10 ticks of invulnerability from follow-up attacks.
  3. Ahtemish Regular Member

XP:
    16,694xp
    Out of these six things, the only one that would really be affected is jitter clicking though, right? Aiming and strafing are still pretty important, w tap I honestly am not sure about, that would have to be tested in 1.9. And pot management and quick swapping shouldn't be affected much either. You have two hands to use now, so you don't even have to switch off your sword (or axe possibly) to use another item, it can just be in your offhand (The only case I'd see this as an issue is using two swords, like fire aspect then sharpness). And pots can go there too, if you're using more than one then you'll just have to wait that half second or so it takes the sword to recharge, darn.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  4. Leveron1995 Platinum

XP:
    186,924xp
    I wan to see those hackers in 1.9 lets see if they gonna still using macros and kill aura :D
    Ahtemish likes this.
  5. LongBridge Regular Member

XP:
    10,945xp
    Theres already hacked clients for 1.9 that get around the lack of spam clicking, sorry.

Anyway the people here don't understand that without jittering the game is ping reliant.

You honestly don't need to jitter if you have like 20 ms but you have the option of jittering in order to compensate for bad hit detection if your ms is around 150ish.

I honestly have no idea why most people seem to think this is bad and makes pvp reliant on click speed as the pace you can directly click on somebody is the same in 1.7 and 1.8.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  6. Jingle535 Platinum

XP:
    283,182xp
    Ok I do not have much time so I am probably going to say this rashly,

1.9 pvp is not horrible, without skill, or bad. It is simply different and it is where minecraft pvp is moving to.
    I am guessing many people dislike 1.9 pvp because they do not understand and know it. Personally, I have around 100 hours+ of 1.9 pvp and as a result I have come to understand it and really appreciate it. Also, 1.9 does have tons of skill, if you deny that then you are ignorant. 1.9 adds so many new features that staying in 1.7/1.8 just doesn't really make sense. 1.9 pvp is not based off ping alone, but like 1.8 ping definitely helps.
    Things 1.9 adds that relate to pvp
    Axe
    Elytra
    Spectral Arrow
    Tipped Arrow
    Shield (Rip bow spamming?)
    Hit Speed
    Chorus Fruit
    Enderpearl Cooldown
    Lingering Potion
    New Notch Apple
    Food Regening Health
    Enchantments
    Armor

Finally a last thing to put out there,
    When Mojang started releasing the new combat mechanics there were people in the community who thought 1.9 pvp sucked and that it should be reverted. Mojang took their thoughts into consideration but decided that they thought the new mechanics were going to be for the better and kept the changes.

~Jingle
    P.S. Their may be a few errors please no hate :wink:
    DrachenCube and Haichao like this.
  7. Haichao Platinum

XP:
    360,442xp
    I did not say that anywhere.

Having experienced something and being experienced in something are different things. I think it's fair to expect someone to at least have tried something (experienced it, like you would say) before judging it.

How do you know this? Personally I haven't played 1.9 much but for me it looks like this:

Things removed:
    • jittering
    Things added:
    • Tons of items (refer to jingles post for a list)
    I find it very hard to believe that this leads to less strategies. How are these things "nothing compared to 1.7"?

The only thing you keep mentioning as a con for 1.9 is: "cps restriction etc". Care to elaborate on the other cons?

Maybe stop giving the same "facts" that get refuted over and over again then and go play some 1.9?
    Ahtemish and DrachenCube like this.
  8. LongBridge Regular Member

XP:
    10,945xp
    Nowhere in here did you mention how unbalanced the arrow potion effects are or the nitty gritty of fighting with sword cooldown. Basically in 1.9 you can add lingering or instant damage to an arrow and take out a full prot 5 diamond just by bowspamming.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  9. LongBridge Regular Member

XP:
    10,945xp
    The pvp related items in 1.9 don't require strategy. Literally eat a chorus fruit and get teleported somewhere on the map if you are losing a fight. Oh or you could bowspam somebody with instant damage effect arrows because that totally improves pvp.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  10. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp

Have you even played a 1.9 pvp server? I have and I can tell you that there is a huge difference between someone who has logged 4000 kills and someone who has logged 10000 kills. Keeping you'r aim steady throughout a fight while both players are strafing is much harder than you think for most people. Also doing that while also getting crits in is even harder (but the best players on the server I play can do it) A player who logs on and gets about 500 kills is still not even a match for someone who has gotten around 1500 kills. The shill cap definitely does not drop if anything it increases.
  11. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp
    Though I will agree bowspamming is a little more annoying in 1.9 offhanding items such as food, shields, potions, and even other weapons that might have enchants such as knockback can be strategic.
  12. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp
    instant damage is currently broken though i have heard some fellow 1.9 pvpers say it does half a heart extra as for effects such as poison these can be completely negated with a shield (the only arrow effect that goes through shields for some reason is flame)
  13. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp
    attack cooldown will be removed sadly for me :(
  14. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    On a server side we can control attack speed cool down. I'm not sure about the arrows but I'm sure we could come up with a solution. :wink:

Try to put everything in one message as it reduces spam. Just something to keep in mind for the future. :)
  15. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp
    alright :stuck_out_tongue:
    Davidss10001 likes this.
  16. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    I'm fine with this update then lol
  17. Jingle535 Platinum

XP:
    283,182xp
    Hey I am proud of myself, I am actually responding :D

Dude your acting like a scrub... tipped arrows are not op at all, they are absolutely shit when someone has a shield, the arrows do 0 damage and also they are affected by infinity. Bow spamming doesn't really work in 1.9 since you can just block all the arrows. Also, the new items don't take strategy, LOL! Flying with an elytra is 0 skill guys, using the axe as the first hit or stalling in a fight to use it to do more damage is no skill guys, using a notch apple then using normal golden apples to get many absorption hearts is another tidbit I bet you didn't know. And "prot 5"... really dude.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note,
    An easy way to do this if you have more to say is to use the edit button :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also on a slightly different topic, I think 1.9 hit delay should not be removed, in my opinion it actually adds more skill because each hit is more important and it makes "secondary's" ie: lava buckets, pots, and technically even bows more useful. Though I know this is going to possibly go against my hopes, I have to let you guys know that I have played on servers that have tried to update to 1.9 and keep the old hitting mechanic, it really doesn't work out too well. Minecraft is now meant to have no more spam clicking, but a delayed hit speed.
  18. LongBridge Regular Member

XP:
    10,945xp
    Uh yeah u can kill a guy in prot 5 diamond with instant damage tipped arrows. I played 1.9 in the snapshots and found it to be filled with a lot of features that look kinda cool but don't require nearly the skill of 1.7 and are slow paced.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  19. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp
    instant damage arrows are either broken or like some people on my kitpvp server say do only a half a heart more. In my kitpvp server getting the instant damage arrows are useless and exchanging them for a better sword is always better for getting kills.
  20. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Old snapshots are not equiv to 1.9.1. There's been additional PvP changes, specifically to fix issues with diamond armor and other armors.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.