1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other To the ones who have troubles with players speaking with other languages...

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Ringowhs, Feb 29, 2016.

Other - To the ones who have troubles with players speaking with other languages...
  1. Ringowhs Regular Member

XP:
    233,409xp
    The Shotbow server is almost the only server I play(Annihilation most of the time). Everyone from all sorts of different countries are playing on this server. Because of that, people who cannot or weak in speaking English in the chat makes it frustrating to understand what they are talking about. I spent a month in Eclipse and made a mod specifically to translate players' messages. (I know. It's shameless advertisement, but since this is what inspired me to make this mod. I might as well post it here)

Here is a screenshot. It's outdated(There IS a 1.8.9 version), but it still looks similar. It doesn't only translates to English, it can translate to over FORTY languages! Check the forum page for instructions
    [IMG]

Compatible for both 1.7.10 and 1.8.9. Forge required. I am 100% sure that this would NOT cause any problems with nocheat and other things(I tested this).

Here is a video of me derping around in a match for 5 minutes, and still managed to get a few hits on a nexus....
    I just so happened to record some drama in the chat, but at least you can see the translations are working (sometimes).
    The language detection is a little bit funky, but there is nothing I can do other than blaming the online service.

This is also my first attempt on modding! As always, feedback is appreciated!
    That achievement in my signature also links to the forum! Be sure to check out the instruction in the forum first!
    Download:http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-real-time-translation-mod-break-the-language

2. mmertTR Silver

XP:
    78,964xp
    Can you record while using it on shotbow? I'm wondering if its work
  3. Ringowhs Regular Member

XP:
    233,409xp
    I will record it soon. I am 100% sure that this mod works.
    mmertTR likes this.
  4. mmertTR Silver

XP:
    78,964xp
    Are you sure if its translate correct?
  5. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    A mod like this would most likely depend on Google Translate. Translations will be probably not 100% correct, but it could give you a good indication of what someone is trying to say.
    mmertTR likes this.
  6. Ringowhs Regular Member

XP:
    233,409xp
    It's using an online translation service. So, it's not 100% accurate.

You are almost correct. Unfortunately, I cannot use Google translate since it became a paid service. This mod is using Yandex translate.
  7. I_cant_breed Platinum

XP:
    310,591xp
    Thumbs up m8
  8. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    This looks useful, does it only translate messages or also Plugin / server messages.

I might use it :)
  9. Ringowhs Regular Member

XP:
    233,409xp
    Thank you! Just a note, I'm updating this mod in a few minutes with a few extra features.
  10. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    The source code looks fine, but still use this at your own risk. This means if you are banned and the only explanation for the ban is this mod, you will not be unbanned.
  11. Ringowhs Regular Member

XP:
    233,409xp
    It does work on certain server plugins. I also made it to work on Shotbow. (Of course)
    EDIT: Oh wow. I can't read. It's designed to only translate chat messages, to avoid overloading the translation server.
  12. Ringowhs Regular Member

XP:
    233,409xp
    There we go. I uploaded a video of me simply derping around for 5 minutes.
    mmertTR and OneTupacArmy like this.