1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Control : Borders.

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by RichRamp, Feb 8, 2016.

No Prefix - Control : Borders.
  1. Rechoke Silver

XP:
    30,364xp
    I don't know if this is the place where I was supposed to post since I am not very familiar with wasted except for gungame but whatever,

I would feel much more comfortable if the borders of the Control maps would change into a more Obvious and better looking way, How I would like them to look like is exactly as they occur in Minez2, even though both these gamemodes are in no relation to each other. the border could work efficiently and better.

If you're not familiar with the Minez2 borders. these are at the edge of the accessible world and look like 5x5 black glass blocking every possible air & not-solid block which is making you unable to pass through. these borders are not made within the map itself, but only appear when you go near them to not spoil the beauty of the maps. There is also a sign on the glass which says that this is the border and that you can go no further.

I feel like this would make the game work much smoother and makes people going into the direction they're supposed to go to much faster.

Cheers.
    Cahillguy likes this.

2. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    When I played Wasted:Control in recent tests, the borders were a source of confusion for me in an otherwise terrific game. I think this would be a great idea that would really clarify things, and I really think it should be implemented.
    RichRamp likes this.
  3. Rechoke Silver

XP:
    30,364xp
    I just realized many gamemodes could take use of this, like Gold rush, gungame. heck even minez classic because the one that's there right now is quite unobvious and annoying when you're getting chased into it..
  4. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    I heard goldblade state in a stream that they were planning to do it similar to the minez2 border of pvp and non-pvp, because you can still cross the borders in control if you really need to. Also gungame doesn't need this because its maps are enclosed entirely (except dust but you can get shot off the edge so nothing to worry about). But I may be wrong about goldblade saying this was the plan but whatever.
  5. Rechoke Silver

XP:
    30,364xp
    you're able to get out of Political and Warcall as well with some parkour, which makes you able to stall the game a lot, which is pretty frustrating. It just looks better and makes a lot more obvious and correct.
  6. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    they should put barrier blocks in thoes maps, but but for control just do the minez border of pvp/no-pvp
    RichRamp likes this.
  7. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    Two points:
    - Navigation/Border systems are being rewritten to make things much clearer. We have some creative solutions we'll be testing down the road. :)
    - Due to the slight boost in the base speed of Gun Game, the maps will be gone over once more to account for the newly accessible ledges.

Hope that sets a few things straight :)