1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Project MovieZ is now Accepting Voice Actors and Extras!

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Braiti, Jan 18, 2016.

Other - Project MovieZ is now Accepting Voice Actors and Extras! | Page 2
  1. SimplySonder Regular Member

XP:
    67,883xp
    By the way if you guys need one, I can do an announcer voice.

2. Ewayne Platinum

XP:
    251,905xp
    The latter option is preferable.
    Yes and yes.
    There aren't any announcers or narrators for the movie or anything else that we have planned [wink wink (is this even a hint at anything idk)]. When opportunities or news of any sort come up, it will be announced.
  3. SimplySonder Regular Member

XP:
    67,883xp
    Alright thanks for answering my questions! :)
  4. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Still looking for voice actors! If anyone is willing to voice act please apply using the application posted at the top of this thread. The sooner we get enough voice actors the sooner we can start working on finishing up the movie! :)
  5. AnotherGuy100 Gold

XP:
    272,205xp
    Ill work on it, but as of this weekend i'm pretty busy, so it would probably be next weekend i record the audition. if i do, else i'll just forget xd
  6. SimplySonder Regular Member

XP:
    67,883xp
    I'm looking to order a new microphone, but I may submit my application before I obtain it.
  7. Arasai Platinum

XP:
    246,754xp
    My current expectations for this movie are incredibly low. Im sorry, but i have no wish to watch a hour and a half movie with squeaker minecraft voice actors. That does not sound enjoyable at all to me
  8. Rechoke Silver

XP:
    30,364xp
    You honostly expect a 'squeeker' to talk in a seriously taken project like this?

Make nokah do it, he's a god.
    Nokah likes this.
  9. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    That's why we're having voice actor auditions, so we don't have to resort to using younger kids as voice actors. Also I would like to mention that we're not getting voice actors just from the forums. We're also getting voice actors from schools and such. The few voice actor auditions we got so far are people from the forums actually and they're pretty good, so don't worry about "squeaker voices" that's the last thing we want for this movie.

I don't know where I could find him :lmao: I haven't seen him in awhile. If someone could let him know we're looking for voice actors though I'd appreciate it. Would glad to have him on board! :D

I noticed some people were having trouble with the application, so let me try and explain it in a way that's easier for people to understand.

1. Enter your timezone (if you don't know what it is look it up; it's important for us to know it so we can make a schedule that works for you if you get accepted)

2. Enter your IGN (Minecraft username) Should be pretty self-explanatory

3. Enter your Skype name (please make sure it's correct; if you give us the name with a slight typo it could prevent us from contacting you)

4. So when you enter soundcloud links what that means is take the links from soundcloud that include the audio you recited from the test script and post it in there with the name of the character you auditioned as. Keep in mind that you can audition for as many characters you want, so if you do more then one audition include all the links in that space for the soundcloud link.

Hopefully this explains it better if you guys are confused. Also please make sure to choose specific characters to audition as. If you send us an application without auditioning you're bound to get rejected.

I know a few people that had trouble with auditioning, so if you see this and understand what you did wrong you can go ahead and audition again if you want. Anyways hope to see your applications soon! :) We're pretty excited for the movie, so the sooner we get the voice actors we need the closer we'll be done with making the movie! :D

I'm still currently having issues connecting to the forums, so if I don't respond to you sooner it's not because I'm ignoring you. It just takes me a bit longer to upload posts, and sometimes the forums will lag so bad I can't post at all. If you have questions about anything you can talk to me using [email protected] it's a lot easier for me to talk on there, so you're bound to get a faster reply than on here. Thanks!
  10. Nokah Platinum

XP:
    528,648xp
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
    You can always reach me with a PM! :)
    I'm not sure if im up to voice act. If you're extreemeley low on people pm me and i might fill in, though i think you can find a lot more motivated and more fitting people.
    RichRamp likes this.
  11. SimplySonder Regular Member

XP:
    67,883xp
    I'm 17 year old guy and I'm turning 18 this year with a smexy announcer voice that probably isn't going to be needed for this, so I'm using another voice.

Starting winter break now so I'll record tomorrow and try to get my application in sometime in the afternoon if the sound quality is alright. I don't have any professional microphones, but I'm planning on getting one as I also happen to need a good microphone for some personal projects I'm working on. Any suggestions for a mike would be appreciated :)
  12. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Sometimes you can grab a Blue Yeti on sale for about $100, the audio technica AT2020 is also a great mic for the price.
    I know this sounds silly, but if you buy the yeti, cut to tips off a few socks and wrap them around the mesh microphone part. This mic picks up a lot of background noise, and the socks act as a makeshift pop-filter.
  13. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    The main thing is no background noise. Of course having a good microphone always helps. I personally use Logitech headphones, and those work pretty good.
  14. SimplySonder Regular Member

XP:
    67,883xp
    Thanks for your suggestions guys. I did a bit of research and I think I'll get the AT2020. Just to confirm Diezel, is this the Audio-Technica AT2020 you meant?
    http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technic...86&sr=8-2&keywords=audio-technica at 2020 usb
  15. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
  16. SimplySonder Regular Member

XP:
    67,883xp
    Well just ordered the mike which should be coming by Wednesday. I'll hold off on my application til comes in and I'm familiar with it's settings.
    DiezelTheo likes this.
  17. SimplySonder Regular Member

XP:
    67,883xp
    Well the microphone didn't come with any cables @_@ Fortunately had a cable for the mike, but I still need a converter for that cable :/
  18. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    R.I.P.
  19. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Like I said before the main thing is no background noise I could care less what microphone you use. Unless you truly feel the microphone will enhance how your voice sounds when recorded then I guess wait until you get cords, but the longer you take the less of the chance you'll have for being a voice actor. I'd rather have you get an audition in and if you get your microphone set-up after that, then just redo the audition with the microphone. That's my opinion at least.
  20. SimplySonder Regular Member

XP:
    67,883xp
    Well I know for a fact that my laptop has poop audio, and my voice recorder is very sensitive to background noise that for a movie for school I recorded audio under my blankets and still had to do a bit of cleaning up. My last option is to use the laptop I was saving for college.