1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Maprotation Link Promotion

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by JonnyDvE, Feb 11, 2016.

Suggestion - Maprotation Link Promotion
  1. JonnyDvE Jr. Developer

XP:
    2,426,906xp
    If you copare the first Map Vote with the last one, you can see a huge difference between them, 1200 players voted in the first Map vote in august last year while a bit over 200 voted in January.
    I think ther would be a huge potential if the link would provided ingame as a tipp, or maybe even if you join the Annilobby. Also a litle XP reward would be acceptable. Maybe the weekly Arrow could contain the link aswell.
    Share your thoughts below.
    and also:
    VOTE HERE: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/february-map-vote.339142/

2. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,962xp
    I am definitely up for the idea of it being posted in game as a tip and I believe there is already a note about it in the arrow (please correct me if I'm wrong). I am not so sure about the XP incentive as there already is the incentive 'keep your map alive!'
    DutchBartje likes this.
  3. Rechoke Silver

XP:
    30,364xp
    It is already an in-game tip, right?
  4. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    I thought it was in the arrow as well, but when I looked, this was all that was there:

• Want to get your favorite map added to Annihilation? Find its thread in Build Submissions and make sure to like it! Maps with the most likes are selected to be tested and potentially added to Annihilation. If you don't like your favorite map, it won't get in!
    • We want YOUR help determining the fate of Annihilation! Tell us your deepest desires
    • Event: Race for XP!
    • Rotation: Afermath 2.0 and Caverns have been added to the map rotation
    • Rotation: Aftermath, Meteor, and Galleons have been removed from the rotation
  5. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp

I like your Idea,

But there are 2 factors you missed:

1) Shotbow lost a decent amount of players which ofcourse results in some loss.
    2) It was a new thing back then, as with anything new after a while it isn't too interesting anymore. I skipped quite some myself too mainly because I either wasn't bothered to do so or just forgot about it in general (which makes your idea a good idea)