1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Project MovieZ is now Accepting Voice Actors and Extras!

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Braiti, Jan 18, 2016.

Other - Project MovieZ is now Accepting Voice Actors and Extras!
  1. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    This is it! We’re now accepting applications for extras and voice actors.

To Sign Up to be an Extra:

To Apply to be a Voice Actor:

For those applying to be a voice actor, you’ll need to upload audio files to Soundcloud. If you’re unfamiliar with Soundcloud, it is an audio sharing website that allows you to upload high quality audio files. We will be using it for a couple of reasons, but mainly because it’s easier than uploading a Youtube video with your audio. If you haven’t already, you can make an account here: https://soundcloud.com/

Once doing that you’ll want to check out the try-out scripts for the different characters here:

Good luck to everyone who applies to voice act! Keep in mind that we only have a set number of voice acting roles, so if you don’t make the cut you can still be an extra.

Thank you for your time,

The Project MovieZ Crew

Svawe and ThatTyle like this.

2. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    The script document is private. May want to fix that. Best of luck with this process, I'm excited to see what you can produce!
    Braiti, Ewayne and TeeMew like this.
  3. Ewayne Platinum

XP:
    251,905xp
    Whoopsie! Sorry 'bout that! Fixed.
  4. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    What's going on guys? On the polls on the main Project MovieZ thread we got over 30 people who wanted to be voice actors. Where are those people at? :confused:

Don't be afraid to apply for voice acting guys. I promise we won't bite. :lmao:
  5. Arasai Platinum

XP:
    246,754xp
    If i have a really good Loli anime voice, may i apply? i can say Oniichan really well
  6. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Go ahead and apply, but I doubt you'll get accepted if you're going to be using a loli-anime voice :lmao:

We could really use any help we could get though. If you have a good microphone and are willing to hop onto the internet every once and awhile to voice act we'd love if you'd apply. :)
  7. Arasai Platinum

XP:
    246,754xp
    aight, ill see if i have time. Mostly working photoshop rn for my friend's company but im sure i can clear up a few hours a week. But yes i was serious. I can voice act a trap if need be.
    Braiti likes this.
  8. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Hey guys! I think a lot of people have forgot that the main reason we're doing the MineZ movie is to bring the community together for a fun time, and now that we're finally entering the final phase of developing the movie I've noticed a lot of people have lost interest in helping out.

If anyone who sees this has a decent microphone and has time to waste on the internet we'd love it if you'd apply for voice acting (or at least an extra). Even if you don't think your voice sounds very good still apply for voice actor anyways!

The reason I've been harsh before about letting people helping us with the movie is, because I learned from my past two experiences is getting a huge group of people with a bunch of different jobs at once ends in a train wreck almost 100% of the time, and I've been really struggling trying to get this movie to work out.

At this point the Project MovieZ crew has done all they can to get this movie ready to be filmed, so now the last thing we need is the community to reach out for once and give us a helping hand. The MineZ movie is extremely close to being finished, but we're currently stuck until we get a crew of voice actors, so we can start recording dialogue. Extras are also important as well, but they won't become too important until later on when we're actually in-game recording the scenes. We first need to get the voice acting done!

Also please use the application form above. It's not there to intimidate you, but to make sure this movie doesn't end in a train wreck like the last two attempts. Same thing with having a Skype account. We're not trying to make you feel uncomfortable by using Skype; we're just using it to help keep things organized and under control.

I have other sources to get voice actors from, but since this is a MineZ orientated project I only feel it makes more sense to have the Shotbow community involved.

That being said I once again ask for your help with voice acting. We're not desperate, but I'm anxious to get this show on the road. I don't want the production of the movie to go into 2017. The sooner we get the voice actors we need, the sooner we can finish the movie.
    ThatTyle likes this.
  9. ThatTyle Regular Member

XP:
    7,509xp

With that being said, I'm fully willing to apply. However, I don't have the exact information about this. I'm applying for Ewayne (which I'm assuming as gendered as a male character) and I have no idea what exact examples you would prefer for SoundCloud?
  10. Ewayne Platinum

XP:
    251,905xp
    Lol. Thanks, I guess. :lmao: Though, I think I have you beat as far as that position goes!
    ThatTyle likes this.
  11. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Ewayne isn't a character... he's our head script writer who wrote up the try-out scripts. I'm not sure how you ended up believing he was one of the characters you could apply for, but the matter of fact is if you scroll down you should find the actual characters you can apply for and below the listed requirements for the character should be the try-out script for said character.

I'm not sure what you exactly mean by "examples". Once picking a character all you need to do is recite the dialogue that goes along with the character. The character's dialogue should be pretty easy to find since the each line of dialogue has a name next to it. Once doing that take the audio file that includes the recited character lines and upload it to Soundcloud. Then link it in your application.

Hope this helps explain it better. :)
    ThatTyle likes this.
  12. ThatTyle Regular Member

XP:
    7,509xp

[IMG]

Thanks!
    Hughzaz likes this.
  13. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    I really wish I could help you out, but obviously explaining this through forum posts isn't going to help. :confused:
  14. ThatTyle Regular Member

XP:
    7,509xp
    Edited
  15. TheRussianM80 Obsidian

XP:
    344,818xp
  16. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
  17. Catsage Retired Staff

XP:
    50,768xp
    its a little difficult to guess what way we are supposed to be acting towards each character, a small description of their personality would be nice to have on the sheet ;D

but yeah im pretty hyped for this. Glad you guys are sticking with it
    Ewayne likes this.
  18. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    We actually do have character descriptions written out for each character (from when we were doing the script). I suppose we could add those on to the try-out scripts for people, but all we're really looking for is people who can recite the lines. Then once we pick people for the parts we'll give them more direction towards how they should act.
    Catsage likes this.
  19. SimplySonder Regular Member

XP:
    67,883xp
    Omg it's happening :D
  20. SimplySonder Regular Member

XP:
    67,883xp
    So Braiti for the Anon and Alex dialogue I want to try for Anon so do I record each of Anon's lines separately and send them all or just say a line, pause, and then say the next line in one take?

Also can you apply for the same character twice if you have types of voices you wish to apply to a character? Additionally is it possible to be selected or recommended for another character if the voice we send doesn't apply to the original character we applied for, but may work for a different character?