1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

How will the 1.9 PvP update change Assault?

Discussion in 'Assault' started by Kazezero, Jul 1, 2015.

How will the 1.9 PvP update change Assault?
  1. Kazezero Regular Member

XP:
    13,604xp
    Shown on Dinnerbone's Twitter (http://media-minecraftforum.cursecdn.com/attachments/107/742/arrow2.png), the 1.9 update is going to change Minecraft PvP with 4 new arrow types, different shield types, and a possibly new melee combat system that might involve less about clicking really fast (return of block-hitting, parries, or timed hits?). How do you guys think this update will affect Assault's current gameplay, classes, and meta? How do you guys feel about the possibly higher/lower skill ceiling that may be instilled In Assault or vanilla PvP because of these changes?

2. GunOverdose PR Co-Lead

XP:
    337,656xp
    With no actual release date or anything from mojang for a few months (other than screenshots) I don't think we should worry about this for a while...
    I think for now, we're ok in regards to that.
  3. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    Notch wants to purposely ruin custom pvp on servers so he can push out realms and internalize all of mojangs profit around realms server hosting. Wake up sheeple.
  4. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    *Microsoft
    AGearBeast and Barek_Obaba like this.
  5. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Shotbow hasn't fully updated to 1.8 yet, let's take it one step at a time people... :stuck_out_tongue:
  6. syrenswyrd Regular Member

XP:
    10,714xp
    Pssst. Ability to use old versions of minecraft. Psst. Modding ability. Psst. Plugins. I don't think we will have an issue..
    BrassBuilder likes this.
  7. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    Bruh notch quit minecraft a LONG time ago and sold minecraft to microsoft for $### Billion this year :lmao: Lol. Also, they developed this because PvP is basically who can get more hits on people and who can spam click faster. With the new update I think it will make assault WAAAYYY more fun especially for people with lower FPS!
  8. WirelessHuman Platinum

XP:
    590,515xp
    Yah Notch Quit it. And I think to it will be way funner than it is now. ( and broken)
  9. jawa7778 Regular Member

XP:
    1,913xp
    I think maybe they should retexture the shields to look like mini ray shields.
  10. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    Psst you can disable the weapon-recharge time on multiplayer
  11. Deadspeck Mini Builder

XP:
    122,129xp
    Psst you can use NBT tags to change the value of weapon recharge time
  12. DislikeMePlz Regular Member

XP:
    3,935xp
    Oh, really? Then Notch is quite cheap!