1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Community Pooling #2: PvP Damage

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Majicou, Sep 10, 2015.

Community Pooling #2: PvP Damage
?

What do you think of the current PvP damage?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2015.
Should stay like this, I like the tankiness. 45 vote(s) 26.3%
Swords need to do more damage, you should be easier to kill in a fight. 114 vote(s) 66.7%
Heck I want it tankier, you should lose the moment your armor start to crumble. 12 vote(s) 7.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majicou Retired Staff

XP:
    96,540xp
    Alright, here we go again.

Situation is kinda like MineZ 2: namely you are hard to kill and you have to worry about your armor's durability more than your hearts. Granted it's still different, some like it and some don't. Personally I want to upper the damage a bit, but then again with the new spawn gear we have to take into account the damage against new spawns, not only iron versus iron.

Anyway - please remember this applies mainly to swords. Bows have been already changed and I heard no complaints so far - you are welcome to state them though if you'd like.

Let me know what'cha think!

2. InstantLightning Jr. Developer, Web Mod Lead

XP:
    384,964xp
    To be honest, maybe make it just a bit less tanky but more tanky than before? I think that would be an awesome compromise, you can't be dropped with in 2 seconds and your armor will be able to last for more than one fight.
    minecraftepic47 and MTrout like this.
  3. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    Lol. That third option is pretty biased. I think that it should be upped, but not by too much for exactly the reason you mention.

I'd like to copy this from the currently smash poll thread: I'm glad to see a lot more of these polls recently (across the entire network). Its great to know that the decisions about the future of the server are being made with genuine feedback from players. Keep up the good work!
  4. Knotna Regular Member

XP:
    3,952xp
    Me as a pvpr I hate the new damage, Ive already sent this poll to everyone who agrees with me, The new damage is fun but I think most of us would like the old pvp style
    Chile_Loco likes this.
  5. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    I don't pvp often, mainly because I'm utterly atrocious at it, but when I do, I actually want the element of surprise to mean something. When I sneak up to a leather-chestplate-toting bandit that had just killed a player down in the southern towns, I want to be able to kill him before he even realizes what hit him. I don't want him to just start running across the map, as it's a waste of both of our times. I'd prefer pvp became more fast-paced, and less based on "who can carry the most pots".
  6. Apokai_ Platinum

XP:
    5,191xp
    Since the new update I haven't pvp'd much. Considering I am too busy looking for new lore >_>
    I don't really have a say in this vote, since I haven't tested out the new pvp yet.
    What 323465963 said is kind of appalling, however. The PvP shouldn't be upped so much that you can '2 hit leather' (even if he did deserve it), but just enough so that leathers have a bit of reaction time before getting REKT. Whether or not you want to take the time and waste it by chasing the leather is up to you. If I don't kill a leather in the few shots I give him, I give up. Mostly because I am too lazy and don't see a point in wasting time to chase someone that might die to another cause. Fast paced pvp, yes. "Who can carry the most pots", yes. Both are fun but since I can really no longer say...I'll leave it up to the people that don't spend their time trying to find lore.
  7. Trails Platinum

XP:
    30,149xp
    i think it's clear what needs to be done
    OneZedArmy and Ayl like this.
  8. unholyfrogger Platinum

XP:
    158,073xp
    i like the tankiness but old minez was better cause it's easier to 2v1 but with the tankiness it's kind of hard to kill but easier to live
  9. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    Maybe not as squishy as it was, but closer to pre update to post. I don't PvP much but I'd consider myself pretty decent. My friend and I went to Eillom and fought a 5v4, I combo'd this guy hard 2-3 times but I was 3/4 iron and all drinks while he was full iron d sword and splashes and I couldn't get him which was frustrating.
  10. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    Just wanted to let you know you spelt "polling" wrong in the thread title :stuck_out_tongue:
    RichRamp likes this.
  11. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp

No, I think he spelt "pooling" exactly as he intended.
    Majicou, SimplyClinda and Need2GitGud like this.
  12. Meifot Gold

XP:
    219,469xp
    I think it should be made less tanky as I have seen full iron clandits down south killing people by the hundreds.
    (mostly noobs)
    Save the noobs.
    Sam_F_Saved2Save likes this.
  13. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    Old Mz2 Player here. Voted for option 3 to be a troll.
    Kelestami and Ridgevale like this.
  14. Rezo_ Platinum

XP:
    286,724xp
    I think the armor breaking problem could be easily fixed if you changed how easy it is to find splashes/glowstone. Fights would go faster, it would be easier to kill people and the pvp would still be tanky.
  15. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp

And dungeon goers such as myself would drown in a pool of tears.
    Ridgevale likes this.
  16. iketheking Emerald

XP:
    41,683xp

It's impossible to be an old minez 2 player. Minez 2 isn't even old and almost everyone played from the beginning of it.

Make it less tanky it's impossible to to win outnumbered fights and 1v1s are dumb because you need a hcf inv to fight.
    _BCM likes this.
  17. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    I hate mz2 pvp. It was a joke..... Im sorry if you failed to notice, i'm gullable too :stuck_out_tongue:
  18. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    I agree fully. I would like it a bit tankier than pre update but not the way it is now.
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  19. MissFire_ Gold

XP:
    17,012xp
    I very rarely pvp as I like to explore the map and visit nw places. But sometimes I have to kill players and when I do I usually use a bow, the only think I don't like about the new pvp is that I can kill a person with a Power I bow in two hits and it takes me even longer to kill them with a diamond sword. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's what I think.

I don't want to be a tank, I just want to be able to kill a player without them running away or wading through water.
    Need2GitGud and MTrout like this.
  20. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    I try to avoid fights, but I like it the way it is right now. I have no problems with it. :)
    FelixFB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.