1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ The Secret Project Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Majicou, Aug 6, 2015.

MineZ - The Secret Project Update | Page 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricSparx Platinum

XP:
    27,022xp
    Well, dang.

A reason to play MineZ again?

Maybe my last few days of summer won't be so boring after all.
    SquallyTheWally likes this.

2. Zurzex Platinum

XP:
    76,585xp
    Im glad about the update but
    -Tools will spawn with durability now "that's garbage"
    -The canyons are more dangerous as it was originally planned them to be "dangerous?"
    -Giants have been reworked in damage and mechanics "what is that supposed to mean"
    -You will spawn with only a leather chestplate as armor "who wants to get 2 hit?"
    -Zombies and Pigmen have been tweaked "again what is that supposed to mean"
    -Bleeding and nausea chance have been tweaked "is it that hard to be specific"
    -Zombies will have a random multiplier for "Speed" and "Health". This can either positive or negative, up to twice and down to half. "isn't that a little too random?"
    -Added a system to prevent server hopping into dungeons."and no they wont tell you how it is prevented until someone dumb enough to actually try it"
    Overall there are some good things to this update but majority are bad. To be honest im one of those wiki people so it looks really bad for me
  3. lazertester Lead Developer

XP:
    365,160xp

Definitely valid feedback. Much of MineZ's history has been a process of discovery so the vague update notes are meant to facilitate the "old school" feel of discovering things for the first time instead of being handed the exact mechanics and calculations. I've actually reassessed some of the gameplay changes myself with your observations here like clamping zombie speed and health a bit as it seems a little bit extreme. The core changes like the loot redistribution, dungeons, and bugfixes are what really make the heart of the update. The majority by simple numbers of bullet points in the list might be perceived as bad in writing, but I've seen plenty of updates for games I like where I thought it sounded great on paper then turned out to be terrible in game.

We're keeping an eye on the game as it rolls to see what happens, but I am pretty damn confident that the changes are a net positive for the game even if some of the risks we are taking end up falling flat. MineZ itself didn't come into being by playing it safe and going with what people always thought was "good" or "possible", so I hope you will enjoy the risks we are taking in order to spice up the game and bring completion to many promised projects that got sidelined amid Minecraft updates and real life.
  4. Vivalafire Gold

XP:
    74,997xp
    Those elemental symbols in the trailer look awfully familiar ... [IMG]
  5. lazertester Lead Developer

XP:
    365,160xp

This is why they teach you not to plagiarize in school. There was someone who is no longer building with us that presented these and we weren't aware they came from anywhere specific save for being a spin on the classic concept of the elements. Since they existed in the world they were used as a basis for the lore of the MineZ world. That's unfortunate :(

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're going to figure out how to modify the symbols to still reflect what they are intended to reflect but be representative of the work that went into the rest of the dungeons themselves. I think the fire and tree are unique/generic enough in their representation in blocks to stay as is, but the air and water symbols are definitely very distinct to that game and need to be replaced in ours.
    bellyjellybean and FireGuyNL like this.
  6. Gioexe Platinum

XP:
    112,606xp
    Has their been any changes to /friend?
    bellyjellybean and gummiknuckles like this.
  7. TechoNinja Platinum

XP:
    186,791xp
    My opinion on ghost ship is it should be at Carmi for the weekend of its release..
  8. Aazel Regular Member

XP:
    21,607xp
    is this for minez or minez 2 just to clarify
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  9. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    MineZ, which is tomorrow!
  10. Aazel Regular Member

XP:
    21,607xp
    thank you
    OneZedArmy likes this.
  11. Rrrepatiti Platinum

XP:
    138,140xp
    For people thinking it's for minez 2, I don't see a 2!
    1000 post message!
  12. minecartmaker Regular Member

XP:
    7,373xp
    The update is tomorrow!!! :D
  13. Rrrepatiti Platinum

XP:
    138,140xp
    Yep!
    It's in 14 hours!
    The update will come in 1:00 Am in aug 15th for me in Eastern time.
  14. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    It's in 25.25 hours :stuck_out_tongue:
  15. Rrrepatiti Platinum

XP:
    138,140xp
    what's ur timezone?
  16. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    It'll be in just under 24 hours for everyone, no matter where you are :stuck_out_tongue:
    I'm BST, so it'll be 6pm for me
  17. Rrrepatiti Platinum

XP:
    138,140xp
    it will be 1 am for me.
  18. ZachTheDiabetic Platinum

XP:
    51,168xp
    1 pm. EST master race.
    AbyssalFate2944 likes this.
  19. IncognitoFox Regular Member

XP:
    49,180xp
    HYPE!!!! Too bad I'm gone tomorrow :/. After reading through the changes I think this will bring back tonnes of players to Minez, the only things I'm worried about are the zombie changes... I think that below the pigman line there shuld only be a chance for them to have lower heath and then above they only have a chance to have higher heath. Does "tweaked pigmen" mean they have a chance to spawn baby zombies again? Because I was thinking pigmen would still be hard to kill (from close range) but a bit easier if they had a 50-50 chance of spawning baby pigs/zombies so if your really lucky you just get 4 baby zombies and unlucky just a regular pigman with 4 baby pigs... I think that change would be great for the game.
  20. Very_Gay Platinum

XP:
    95,991xp
    Will pigmen gain a pathing system?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.