1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion New Maps?

Discussion in 'Assault' started by GuigaWei, Jun 21, 2015.

Suggestion - New Maps?
?

Sounds Cool? Make your choice.

Utapau 2 vote(s) 18.2%
Kamino 6 vote(s) 54.5%
Coruscant 5 vote(s) 45.5%
Naboo 2 vote(s) 18.2%
Mustafar 7 vote(s) 63.6%
Felucia 2 vote(s) 18.2%
Hoth 5 vote(s) 45.5%
Endor 5 vote(s) 45.5%
Kashyyk 4 vote(s) 36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    When I was thinking of what assault needed, it really needs new maps to add to it. Playing on one map gets stale and becomes more of a game you visit when you are bored, making buying classes a terrible waste of xp.
    For maps I would suggest elemental heavy maps that will be fun to explore as well as famous ones. A good selection from the game include:
    Utapau - Confederation capital world with indentations in the large walls as their base.
    Kamino - Installation over ocean themed map connected by bridges and landing platforms
    Coruscant (popular) - Jedi Homeworld featuring the layout of jedi temple from the game
    Naboo (popular) - Peaceful town with many fountains and rivers with a main hub courtyard for pvp
    Mustafar - Lava themed map around an installation with bridges
    Felucia - Jungle themed map with a post in a big tree and very large
    Hoth - The ice themed map with installations underground
    Endor - Forest themed map with installations built on sides of the map, includes ewok camps.
    Kashyyk - Wookie home world with swamps and warring factions. (chewy is in the game so might as well).

Thanks for considering and feel free to discuss!
    KoenigApfel likes this.

2. Gallihad Retired Staff

XP:
    333,888xp
    New maps are 100% being added at some point - here's one me and demon_peanut built (it's slightly different now) as a mustafar themed map :D https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/refinery.307705/
    Snare's just waiting for the game to be less alpha before adding more(correct me if you've changed you mind :/ )
    Someone on the forums is also building an endor themed map.
    MrSnare likes this.
  3. GuigaWei Platinum

XP:
    578,041xp
    That sounds cool, it would be fun to build a kamino themed map for me at least, a lot of my battles in galactic conquest were on my factory world as the republic and it was definitely my favorite. :D
  4. Gallihad Retired Staff

XP:
    333,888xp
    yeah thats one of the maps i also want and might do at some point :)
  5. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    Someone start on a death star map!
  6. DoxNotch Platinum

XP:
    23,822xp
    I think Coruscant would be the easiest one to do next, get some help from Vadact or whatever they're called now. Mos eisley was the best map in BF2 though, pretty sure it was either that or the death star.
  7. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Me and Gallihad considered making a map like in the picture below, work be pretty fun if it's not too small, currently caught up in some other build projects though.

[IMG]
  8. Brett_Haythorpe Media Creator

XP:
    737,245xp
    YES!!!! please more maps that would be sick! Endor would be amazing!
  9. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Searched up Felucia on google images, put in one too many L's by accident ._.
    Didn't get what I expected, would not recommend...
    KoenigApfel likes this.
  10. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    Dagobah should be on this list.
    I could see it being easy to make as it's basically a giant swamp, maybe a half submerged x wing fighter some vines shallow water and gnarled trees would be all it takes.
  11. DoxNotch Platinum

XP:
    23,822xp
    I was thinking the same because Dagobah was an awesome map, but the water slows you in Minecraft so I'm not sure if it would play all that well
  12. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    I'm sure it'd still be possible to create the atmosphere without having the water, but vines and that sorta stuff would still be an issue.
    Basically it'd be a very flat, dark, forest filled with willow trees and cool roots