1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion iTunes payment

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Pretendence, Jun 13, 2015.

Suggestion - iTunes payment
?

Should shotbow make a feature to purchase packages using iTunes credit?

Yes! 8 vote(s) 53.3%
No! 7 vote(s) 46.7%
  1. Pretendence Platinum

XP:
    26,299xp
    The shotbow app we have on the App Store is great, you can use it to log into your account, view the forums and even chat in the good ol' chat box

What I was wondering is if a system could be set up to purchase ranks and xp using iTunes money. Basically it'd be counted as an in app purchase on the app but could be tracked onto the forums so your account recieved what you payed for on the app!

Some clarifications if you guys are wondering anything

Q. Sounds great, what would I be able to buy?

A. You'd be able to buy 5, 10, 25, or 50 dollar xp packages or you can buy silver, gold, or platinum 25,50,100 respectively

Q. Wait what about subscriber?

A. That would be the one thing a player would be unable to buy as you need a credit card to be charged recurring payments

Q. This is dumb why you post dis stupid?

A. This could open up a whole new purchasing method for shotbow and hopefully improve sales as packages are more available

Q. Can't players just use credit cards...?

A. Some players don't have credit cards!

Q. Then can't they use prepaid debit cards?

A. You'd be correct they can! But a lot of people don't know that there is a card activation fee averaging about 4 dollars for everyone a player purchases, this racks up quickly as I have probably wasted 50 dollars on activation fees which could've gone to the network!

Q. How is apple easier to purchase with...?

A. Their cards are more available and also have no activation fee! So if players want they can use that extra money from the no activation fee to spend more on shotbow! :D

Anyway that's my suggestion if you want to find the app just search shotbow on the App Store it's pretty sweet

Also vote on the poll your opinion and also if you have any questions or flaws to point out please state them! All feedback appreciated :3

2. _Lefarsi Emerald

XP:
    8,666xp
    The only reason they don't accept every form of payment is because they won't be able to use it! Think about all of our payment options right now. Debit card or credit card. What do those consist of? Real money that you can spend anywhere. On the other hand, iTunes gift cards doesn't give anything to Shotbow but... iTunes credit! And anyways, even if it could give real money, iTunes gift cards can only pay for iTunes stuff. It is impossible to accept iTunes gift cards for things other than iTunes. It's like using a Kohl's gift card to pay for ice cream!

TL;DR: Impossible to accept them & would be pointless to accept.
  3. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    In my opinion this is pointless. First of all, the Shotbow App isn't even official and is created by a (albeit trusted) third party. Second, it would be time-consuming to implement and would likely never be used.

This is false. Paying with an iTunes card gives the reciever real money.
  4. _Lefarsi Emerald

XP:
    8,666xp
    My apologies, I had no idea. Do you have any sources I could look further into this!

Again, sorry about that.
  5. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    No need to apologize :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no source, but if you did not get real world money, then how would people like SuperCell (who own many pay2win freemium games) make a profit?
  6. Pretendence Platinum

XP:
    26,299xp
    I personally disagree, if iTunes payment was available I would use it a lot. A large number of players don't have access to credit cards or debit cards as they require age, savings accounts, checking accounts, working a job, and a lot of other legal stuff. This would mainly help the 10-15 year olds of the network who could use that birthday money to get an iTunes card and spend it on the network
    _Kiko127_ likes this.
  7. _Lefarsi Emerald

XP:
    8,666xp
    SuperCell's games are all purchasable through the app store. The only way people make money off of iTunes gift cards is if they sell something through the app store. :lmao: When you pay, apple gets 30% and you get 70%. But this is only for apps, not special packages.
  8. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    But their games use In App purchases, and the Shotbow app would do the same I'm assuming, right?
  9. _Lefarsi Emerald

XP:
    8,666xp
    I don't think it'd be secure, and anyways, apple would get 30%.
  10. StrikerzRyan Obsidian

XP:
    478,887xp
    What about the smart people who don't have apple devices?
  11. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    Says the one with a Mac... :heart:

Anyways I like this idea. Since I have all the songs I want I would do this. +1
    KittensZ likes this.
  12. StrikerzRyan Obsidian

XP:
    478,887xp

I HAVE AN ANDROID PHONE
  13. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    BUT YOU HAVE A MAC
  14. StrikerzRyan Obsidian

XP:
    478,887xp
    For about another week and a half.
  15. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    Will you get GTA?
    StrikerzRyan likes this.
  16. Luigigames Silver

XP:
    6,717xp
    10/10 good idea. i can get tons of XP on this, maybe even bump up to other ranks. if anything, i am interested.
    this is false. it is official as a STAFF MEMBER (seriously, chech the staff list) made it. redbanhammer is a full staff member on the position of wiki administrator. that way, it is first party.
    bullshit. we with apple devices would be smarter because we would take the phone with the opportunity to buy shotbow stuff.
    also, there's an app for everything on the app store... not on android market. *cough* shotbow app *cough*
  17. StrikerzRyan Obsidian

XP:
    478,887xp
    *cough* Tapatalk *cough*
    Davidss10001 likes this.
  18. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    The Shotbow App is not an official app. It is not managed nor controlled by The Shotbow Network.
  19. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp
    Then make one lmao
  20. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    It's not that simple. Just use Tapatalk, it isn't Shotbow owned but it works well with Shotbow forums minus polls, Chatbox, and XP.