1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Kicked for hacked client?

Discussion in 'Death by Void' started by Dulgii, Jun 6, 2015.

Kicked for hacked client?
  1. Dulgii Regular Member

XP:
    18,834xp
    I decided to try out Death By Void today, It's pretty stressful. But what is more stressful is when I lost my progress 3 times because apparently a hacked client was detected. All 3 times I got the message when I was falling towards the TNT at the bottom of the map. I'm not sure if this is common, or not. But at the same time I don't know if I am supposed to await an admin to clear up the confusion or what? So do I stay and wait for an admin, or keep trying to beat the map, and most likely get kicked for a "hacked client"? Which would make my case look even shadier.

2. Echotech Regular Member

XP:
    26,158xp
    Do not worry, my friend. Death By Void is not a bug-free gamemode, and it detects all kinds of so-called "strange moves" and kicks you from the game if the system thinks that you are a cheater. If you do not have any cheats, you will not be banned from the network. As far as I know, in early Death By Void's release some players were using flyhack to complete the stage in unbelievably short time.

Shortly: It is just a bug and you should not worry about it. :)
    Diamond_Hunter49 likes this.
  3. Dulgii Regular Member

XP:
    18,834xp
    Ok, thanks.
  4. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    It's most likely an issue with your connection to shotbow. I myself have no issues with the detection. You should try playing on the server with a better ping, eu.shotbow.net or us.shotbow.net

Also try closing programs such as steam, skype, spotify, etc.
    Diamond_Hunter49 likes this.
  5. ddunlow Regular Member

XP:
    20xp
    Yeah. This has happened to me a lot!:mad:
  6. C13H16ClNOAddict Platinum

XP:
    280,021xp
    Always keep as many programs up as possible in order to minimize the amount of connection issues you receive. Go into your Task Manager and set all programs that you run to Realtime and BOOM, there you go. No problems for me, and I can play Death By Void freely without the stress of being kicked.

Just Kidding. I get kicked from DBV constantly, never being able to complete any sort of map. Even whilst closing every program available, that doesn't affect my connection. Meh. DBV is not a 100% perfectly-coded game.
  7. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    I get 2 ping on shotbow :heart: and 1010 FPS I love my new desktop I am on ma laptop...

FPS = 23 </3
  8. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    All that PC power . . .
    WASTED