1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Thoughts on the Classes.

Discussion in 'Assault' started by demon_peanut, May 29, 2015.

Discussion - Thoughts on the Classes.
?

Which classes do you think are the best?

Yoda 2 vote(s) 11.1%
Windu 7 vote(s) 38.9%
Luke 1 vote(s) 5.6%
Obi-wan 3 vote(s) 16.7%
Chewie 3 vote(s) 16.7%
Solo 6 vote(s) 33.3%
Leia 1 vote(s) 5.6%
Vader 3 vote(s) 16.7%
Dooku 7 vote(s) 38.9%
Greivous 7 vote(s) 38.9%
Boba Fett 1 vote(s) 5.6%
Jango Fett 1 vote(s) 5.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Jedi: more powerful ranged classes, less powerful melee classes. Overall slightly better due to recent changes.
    Sith: more powerful melee classes, less powerful ranged classes. Not quite as good but games are still pretty balanced.

Yoda: force push and pull are good to have together, can save himself by pushing a single enemy away or get an easy kill by pulling in an escaping enemy.
    Good class.

Windu: probably Jedi's best melee class, most useful combo of abilities and also has that ground slam thing which is fun. Useful for bringing down Jetpackers with the force pull, then they have no way to escape >:3
    Good class.

Chewie: very good in groups of teammates as they provide lots of support damage and are hard to pick off. When alone against someone with a sabre you'll almost always die. Easy to run out of ammo. High damage output, hard to aim, absorbs a damn lot of damage.
    Overall decent class.

Solo: fairly high damage pistol which doesn't need ammo, Det pack could use a small buff but is useful in some situations. Easy to deal very high amounts of damage over short to long range. Annihilates people trying to get through doorways.
    Very good class.

Leia: recently buffed so has a much better pistol now, I think does the same damage as Solo's, but requires ammo which can often be the cause of death unless you keep yourself stocked up.
    Good class.

Don't know much about Luke or Obi-wan but they seem almost identical but decent. Could do with something to vary them.

Vader: Very similar to Dooku but without the speed bonus, can launch himself a few blocks but it isn't very smooth so doen't make for good escapes or for catching people up. Dooku is still slightly better as he can strafe better.
    Decent class.

Dooku: on par with Greivous but has better abilities, however these can often lead to over consuming your Force which will make you vulnerable. Fast, manoeuvrable, high damaging and tactical.
    Very good class.

Greivous: Fast, highest jump which doesn't require force, sabre throw isn't particularly useful but rage can be very good when surrounded by teammates. Gets around easily and kills stuff quickly.
    Very good class.

Boba Fett: Gun deals moderate damage, but is easy to aim so has decent overall damage output. Rocket launcher does very little damage, when I tested it it did 2 hearts with direct hits at point blank, needs a buff to explosion radius and damage. Det pack can be useful in some situations, but these situations occur less frequently as you have a jet pack which is more helpful with get-ways, and also let's you reach sniping spots! However you need to come down to get ammo. Good class, never liked it much myself though...
    Good/decent class.

Jango Fett: Blaster does 1/2 heart more damage than Solo's, but you get less shots before you need to cooldown, could do with an extra 1/2 damage buff to balance it. Flamethrower is not worth using unless you know they're very low on health and you have nothing better (punching can also be useful in these situations), does very little damage and effectively blinds you while firing... Timebomb is hard to hit with if they know you're there, and deals fairly little damage. Jet pack is useful for escapes and getting to sniping spots, Jango is better than Boba for sniping as it's more accurate and you don't need to return to the ground for ammo. Poor close range, good long range.
    Difficult but good when used right.

If you have any suggestions or thoughts of your own then I'd love to hear them :3
    (Sorry for poor layout, doing this at 1:00am on a tablet...)
    MrSnare likes this.

2. MrSnare Retired Staff

XP:
    123,358xp
    If you shift while in the air with vader, you flit forward about 10 blocks. It doesn't cost any force. That's why he doesn't have speed
    KittensZ and demon_peanut like this.
  3. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    TIL.
    The leap thing seems quite irregular, also feels like you hit some invisible block mid-air as you fly in the direction you're pointing but then suddenly stop and fall back down. I feel like it'd be better if it were more smooth, but currently it's still not quite as good as Dooku.
  4. KittensZ Platinum

XP:
    34,426xp
    That makes... so much sense :lmao:

Also, under uses for Windu you can put taking down jetpackers. You wait until they reach maximum height (they have no fuel) and you use pull to sent them rocketing down to annihilate them.
    demon_peanut likes this.
  5. MrSnare Retired Staff

XP:
    123,358xp
    The leap is currently set to every 7 seconds. I made it during a development stream and never got around to polishing it.
    demon_peanut likes this.
  6. rollednetlib Regular Member

XP:
    30,039xp
    Awww i thought this was going to be about adding the base classes from BF. (. _. )

But chewy is my favorite