1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide Shotbow Time

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Fusion_, May 18, 2015.

Guide - Shotbow Time
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fusion_ Emerald

XP:
    159,589xp
    There sometimes is some confusion about the time. Often the questions are: "When does {random event} start for me?" or "At what time does Madness Friday start in {random country}".

But, there is a solution for all your time-related problems, and it looks like this:

[IMG]
    A clock besides your main clock showing the Shotbow time

How to get this fancy clock (on windows):
    1. In the bottom-right corner of your screen you should see the system time, right click the time and choose 'Adjust date/time'.
    [IMG]

2. This screen should pop up, go to the 'Additional clocks' tab and enable the checkbox, choose Central Time (this can be either UTC-5 or UTC-6, depending on whether DST is observed or not ), enter a suiting title and hit 'OK'.
    [IMG]

3. Click the clock in the bottom-right of your screen again, and... there it is, just like in the first picture :)

You can also use this site to convert the 'Shotbow Time' (which is the same as the time in Dallas, Texas) to your local time.
    [IMG]

2. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
    yey! helpful
  3. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
    Thank you!
  4. Fluffoon Retired Staff

XP:
    451,096xp
    Haven't thought of that, indeed helpful, even though I know the timezone difference in my country. :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. ppapa2000 Platinum

XP:
    57,140xp
  6. Friend1908 Regular Member

XP:
    48,998xp
    I think you're confused on what shotbow time is. Shotbow time is when you say an update comes out in February and one doesn't come out until months later.
  7. StrikerzRyan Obsidian

XP:
    478,887xp
    I use a mac, time to cry for a few hours.
  8. Fusion_ Emerald

XP:
    159,589xp
    I'll add a guide for Mac peasants users soon™ :wink:
    tundra777 likes this.
  9. Darth_NihilusVII Regular Member

XP:
    15,153xp
  10. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    Now we just have to hope everyone uses the same timezone for announcements..
  11. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    lol I won't :lmao:
  12. mcepic47 Platinum

XP:
    277,986xp
    Wait so... Just wondering, but if the server is based in Cali (LA I think) then why is the time Central?
  13. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

While the US server may be on the West Coast, HQ is still in Texas.
  14. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    Makes me wonder why the server's on the west coast in the first place... isn't it fairer ping-wise if it's central?
    Are servers just cheap in the silicon valley area?
    I guess I have the same problem with the London-based EU. Why not Amsterdam? Or Berlin, for that matter...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.