1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Remove MVP bonus XP

Discussion in 'Assault' started by KittensZ, May 27, 2015.

Suggestion - Remove MVP bonus XP
  1. KittensZ Platinum

XP:
    34,426xp
    I was playing Assault earlier today and was averaging 700-750 xp per game with the MVP reward. Other people caught on to this, and for three rounds straight the game was ruined due to people on both teams aggressively kill stealing to the point where I was pulled something like ten times during a single 1v2 because neither person was willing to let the other get the kill. Not only that, the MVP reward removes the incentive to stay alive and heal yourself after a fight. It is easier to throw yourself blindly into the fight, die, and respawn because you get more kills that way. I think that this mechanic should either go away or it should be changed to reflect variables that actually help your team.

2. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    MVP could show deaths as well as kills, or a kill:death ratio, that way people will also want to stay alive for as long as possible while still getting as many kills
  3. KittensZ Platinum

XP:
    34,426xp
    I considered this, but people might then go Boba Feet and camp!
    Dudwithacake likes this.
  4. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    You'd be better off camping with Jango as you wouldn't need to go get ammo :stuck_out_tongue:
    But I see your point
  5. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
    MVP Reward?
    Miscii likes this.
  6. KittensZ Platinum

XP:
    34,426xp
    Being the MVP gives you bonus xp. If you win AND are the MVP, you get 540 xp as a plat. If I get 30-35 kills, you get 750 xp per round.
    Dudwithacake likes this.
  7. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
    Wo-ah, I see what you mean
    Miscii likes this.
  8. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    The majority of players are regulars, and only get ~15 kills a game somehow, they'd only get about 260xp if they get MVP and win
  9. AGearBeast Platinum

XP:
    405,872xp
    considering how i almost never use boba or jango instead using dookie. with my k:d around 27 kills a game with 5 deaths. so i dont really see how camping as boba/jango for mvp is a problem, and im not camping i am running around finding them and killing them. often even 1v2s' where i am out numbered.
    MrSnare likes this.
  10. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    I dont see the problem. If you are good at the game and getting kills then you deserve the xp.
    demon_peanut likes this.
  11. Dudwithacake Regular Member

XP:
    82,522xp
    I am usually MVP in most games that I play and I agree, the bonus should be either removed or toned down a lot. With a good team (which only takes another good player with you) it's not a competition against the other team, it's against your teammates for kills.
    Sam_F_Saved2Save and KittensZ like this.
  12. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    I don't think people steal kills for the sole purpose of being MVP, they probably just do it because they like getting kills or don't realise it was yours :stuck_out_tongue: how often does anyone leave an easy kill?

The problem I DO have with the MVP reward is that it's such an incentive to get as many kills as possible that I tend to choose deadlier classes over more fun ones. Example of this is choosing Dooku over Jango, while Jango can still be good sometimes, you don't get nearly as many kills as when you're Dooku and your kills are more likely to be stolen Jango because shot require so much precision.
  13. MOAB4leader Platinum

XP:
    43,986xp
    Dude they really need to give him more ammo like I actually PLAY THE GAME and go get ammo when I run out and heal when I need to.
  14. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Yeah, people with ammo could do with some extra. Would encourage people to not just kill themselves when they run out...
  15. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    Personally, I think a KDR thing for MVPs could work, since it would eliminate the incentive to die blindly to get kills. Not a perfect fix, but an easy one.