1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Monthly break from Coastal

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Litnetti, May 2, 2015.

No Prefix - Monthly break from Coastal
  1. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    First thing, please do not flame over this. Includes posting pictures, gifs, or videos of flames. (joke).

Now, as we all know, Coastal never gets out voted of the map rotation.
    I suggest that Coastal gets TEMPORARILY removed from map rotation for a month, so die-hard Coastal players can hopefully try, and favor other maps that exist. It'll then get implemented the month after.

This could apply to all maps that have been in the rotation ever since the launch of Annihilation such as Canyons and maybe Andorra.

This is not a suggestion against these maps, but rather a suggestion to get people to play on different maps more often.

It may break to hell because I said this, but comments and feedback are appreciated. (Braces for the storm).

2. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
    No thanks!
    Coastal is too original and epic and almost never boring
  3. TechnoMaster4 Obsidian

XP:
    269,487xp
    I could be considered a die-hard Coastal fan I guess you could say. The reason I focus my game play on that map is because I have played every other map and did not like them. The only other map I have played on that came anywhere close to Coastal was, which has unfortunately been removed for quite some time.

Also, I do not think removing Annihilation's most popular map would be in the gamemode's best interest.
    DaFunk and bafflingly like this.
  4. JesusCrusty Platinum

XP:
    167,047xp
    Like Techno said, I do not think removing the most popular map would be a good idea. But as someone who likes coastal but also other maps, I think it would be interesting to see it taken out of the picture. Maybe for a week or so, the percentage chance of it being in the voting map pool could be lessened?
  5. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    Take it out for one day.
    Riots start.

Take it out for a week.
    World war 3 starts

Take it out for a month.
    Total apocalypse
  6. JackMasterMind Regular Member

XP:
    64,408xp
    Coastal is Love, Coastal is life, There is NO meaning in life without coastal :wink:
  7. lord_bolinha451 Platinum

XP:
    34,123xp
    All i play now is competitive so all i get is coastal. no thanks
  8. Sad Emerald

XP:
    885,564xp
    Would be great, but isn't practical based on the amount of people that worship Coastal as their god.
  9. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp

[IMG]
    RobLovesMcKayla and Sad like this.
  10. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    What happens if it gets permanently removed.
    Darth_Bachious likes this.
  11. DemiPixel Platinum

XP:
    24,584xp
  12. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    [IMG]
    KittensZ, N0TOriginal, Braiti and 5 others like this.
  13. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    >mentions coastal
    >doesn't mention rooster
    >"die hard fan"
    END YOUR CAREER
    wepile and Canadian_moose like this.
  14. Pretendence Platinum

XP:
    26,299xp
    All for it, remove coastal for a bit.

How do you know a lion won't like new meat if all it's ever tasted is old
  15. xSandblast Emerald

XP:
    245,023xp
    no u
    Purfector likes this.
  16. Coyn Platinum

XP:
    214,750xp
    How about an Anni that runs coastal 24/7? Like it would just be coastal on repeat. I think it would be very interesting!
  17. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    Absolutely not. See coastal as cookies. Cookies are nice, and you want to eat them a lot. But do you want them everytime you eat something? Eventually it will get boring.
    aqueousPoet likes this.
  18. Coyn Platinum

XP:
    214,750xp
    You dont have to play it everytime, Just when you want to you can play a quick rooster game
    DaFunk and PenutButter_Jam like this.
  19. InfernoTheDragon Platinum

XP:
    30,734xp
    it would be interesting if the original maps were out of play on some random weekday like thursday. Or even if there were some servers that didnt run the stock anni maps like coastal, canyon, and andorra, so people who are sick of coastal all day everyday can try other maps. alternatively, servers that pick the map without a vote could work too. Just so long as 50% or more stayed with the old maps and voting activated.
    Gryffindor_ likes this.
  20. Triceratops Silver

XP:
    20,635xp
    tl;dr

"I wanna override the map vote system because I don't like Coastal. "
    hora6112 likes this.