1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Anime Discussions Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ju1cY_0n3, Aug 31, 2013.

Anime Discussions Thread | Page 3
  1. Mustard_Bong Silver

XP:
    26,257xp
    Hmmmm...Have you heard of School Rumble? I think everybody has already seen this anime....

2. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp

Nope. Can you give me a small intro?
  3. kwinstuh Gold

XP:
    42,008xp
    Angel beats ..?
  4. Mustard_Bong Silver

XP:
    26,257xp
    I really don't know how to show a intro on it but here....
    Basically, there's these two main characters, both high-schoolers, a guy named Harima, a Biker Badass but has his heart targeted at this one petite girl named Tenma(The Other Main character) but he doesn't have the courage to ask her out. On Tenma's side, she actually just is into another guy, that is actually a quiet and non-social guy, but with exceptional skills. Eventually, this story goes on to weird encounters and experiences that the two have and some weird Side Stories with Tenma's friends. Just watch the anime and you'll know what I mean by these"weird" encounters, etc. This anime is ok in my opinion, but I watched both seasons. And the story is bit tedious but a bit funny in all episodes...
  5. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp

Will watch definitely.

Meh, I don't really like a man - man - girl love triangle :lmao:.
  6. Mustard_Bong Silver

XP:
    26,257xp
    Just watched some IS: Infinite Stratos, and here's my opinion on the first two episodes...
    Warning! This might be a bit Sexist, and I'm sorry for that. Also this contains Mature Language, Viewer Discretion isAdvised...
  7. Mustard_Bong Silver

XP:
    26,257xp
    I know it a bit newbish, but Wtf is Highschool D:lmao:?
  8. kwinstuh Gold

XP:
    42,008xp
    Bitches be craaazy. I love dommy. c:
  9. darkstriker999 Platinum

XP:
    13,629xp
  10. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp

IS : infinite stratos is pretty good imo, I heard season 2 starts in the next ~month or so.

Basically, it's a harem with ecchi in it. There are demons, angels, and fall angels. All of them are in a FFA. The main character was resurrected into a demon. (Ecchi = Nakedness and stuff like that)
  11. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    Sorry for double post... but BUMP.
  12. Tdest Platinum

XP:
    337xp
    To be honest, Attack on Titan and SAO were my big one's. If you're looking for a somewhat more romantic and comedic approach, check out "Highschool D:lmao:", "Fortune Arterial" or "So I can't play H?." They all involve vampires or demons, so it has a lot of action as well as some nudity. If you were to watch one, i'd recommend HsD:lmao: as your first one. Also, to everyone who is wanting it as much as me, there will be a new season of SAO in the next year,as well as the "Oculus Rift" The first step into VRMMO gaming. Developers are backing it up right now and designing ways to implement them into games right now. They got Sight down, they just need the rest of the senses :D. Go check it out, http://www.oculusvr.com/.
  13. squishsquash18 Regular Member

XP:
    127,534xp
    I still stand with what I said before with Mirai Nikki and that it's one of the best I've ever seen.
  14. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    anyone seen inyuasha ( sorry if i mispelt :lmao:) i am about a fifthteenth aaway from the end :lmao:.

also if its possible is there any anime's about animals or at least wolves?
  15. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp

I think it was called " Spice and wolf " and "Dog Days" (Dog Days is very....optimistic and most of the time everybody is happy)

Personally, I reccomend them SAO first to get them into anime, then give them a large dosage of Henneko, then give them Shingeki no kyojin and Highschool D:lmao:....
  16. Prophettt Platinum

XP:
    8,067xp
    WHAT. HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE.

I love anime. I'm gonna try and be active in this thread, also have a question.
    Do you guys prefer long anime's or short ones.

Example of a long one is One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail, ...
    Example of a short one is SAO, Death Note, Mirai Nikki, ...

Here's a list of anime's I've been already, I prefer to watch short anime's at the moment, anyone know good ones?
    • Naruto (Still going, Anime-Only watcher on Naruto)
    • Fairy Tail (#1 Anime. Manga-only watcher snce Anime currently stopped)
    • Bleach / One Piece (Not following this anymore)
    • Sword Art Online
    • Death Note
    • Mirai Nikki
    • Attack On Titan (Anime-Only)
    • Code Geass (Currently Watching)
    There are more I watched but can't think of them right now. Anyway, the anime I'm currently watching has 2 different parts which are both 25 Episodes, so I'll probably finish it this week and want to have a good anime to watch next.
    Any suggestions?
  17. Prophettt Platinum

XP:
    8,067xp

I started Anime with Naruto. I personally think that anime is something you like or don't like, so any anime (which has a good story obviously) will get someone that likes the look of anime, into anime.

Some people I know don't like it because it's not in Dutch but in Japanese with English subtitles, others don't like it because it's cartoon-like and they prefer real-life action, others don't like how they are made, everybody prefers something else.

I started loving after seeing a random episode from 'Naruto' on the tv which ended up being the most boring Episode in whole Naruto, I don't believe in "to get someone into anime", you like it, or you don't.

Or did you mean, if someone likes it, and then you recommend them into that Anime? In that case, I'm stupid.
  18. XDGrangerDX Gold

XP:
    14,322xp

Definitifely short ones, i stopped watching To Love Ru (as example) because that. After a while the whole thing just feels boring because the story doesnt advance...
  19. AkatoshKnight Gold

XP:
    96,337xp

I started with Naruto too. The story just seemed so awesome and I was like....
    "Wow. There are no words to describe this awesomeness."

I started with the manga, then started dedicating myself to watching one episode per day (it was in the summer holidays, so i had a LOT of time on my hands.) and then.....I became a otaku.

When naruto finishes, i'll start watching SAO, AOT etc.

Otakus unite! :)
  20. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Sword Art Online is epic.

Highschool Of The Dead is one of the most known animes ever, and its very cool man...Try it.
    Highschool D:lmao: is also cool but...It depends of what kind of animes you like.

You know whats Hentai/Ecchi?If you got an innocent mind, dont even try to see it. (IT RUINS YOUR DIRTYLESS MIND).