1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion The hidden rooms thread.

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by LegoNinja3, Jun 19, 2013.

Discussion - The hidden rooms thread.
?

Was this well made and helpful?

Yes 15 vote(s) 71.4%
Kind of 4 vote(s) 19.0%
No 2 vote(s) 9.5%
  1. TheHermitSpycrab Platinum

XP:
    21,277xp
    I have seen many of these floating around, but wanted to make one, solid, well put together thread with all that any player could find, instead of a bunch of threads for one certain room cluttering the forum up.

The Hidden Room Thread

Hello all, and today I would like to tell you about some of the hidden rooms in Smash. I really need to hand it to the mapmakers, they did a wonderful job of adding all sorts of easter eggs!

I went around the map with a nice guy named LiquidDiamond and some other cool people, then had a super great time finding all the rooms we could, including two maps! (One not quite as hidden) I took all sorts of screenshots, but I really have no idea what 'Insert URL' or whatever is, so I'll just talk about them.

If you don't want spoilers, don't read on!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hidden Map 1: Beatbox

This one was the first I found and the only that I got before I rounded up a team of room finding buddies, and one of the harder of the hidden rooms to find. Mostly due to the fact that the last jump through the roof to get in can be opened and closed by a lever OUTSIDE the entire spawn building (Go on the ice jumps to get to the roof, look for the tower). If you want to find it, here is your hint: It is (like most of the hidden rooms) in the giant pick your map room, but you might want to stick to the wall to find it (and look up!).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hidden Map 2: White Chapel

This one is much easier then the last (or at least I think so) to find. It's hidden behind one of the columns in the map pick room, it's not too hard to find... But you do have to go down a flight of stairs or two to get it. (Be warned there is another room hidden behind a pillar that looks just like it, but without a flight of stairs, we will get to it later.) The spot with the map is a library, with some odd looking plates under the shelves...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hidden Room Hotspot: White Chapel Area (Locked Cross Room)

Down the first flight of stairs that leads you toward White Chapel, there is a large complex of rooms around it that you might want to check out. There is a lovely garden (Which I am sure holds some neat secret I was just too rushed to find), and another staircase that leads to two (most likely) locked iron doors, with levers right on the other side! All you need to do is get in there, and you can open it to the world! There are a few ways to do this from what I'm told, but I just fiddled with the plates in the White Chapel room and got it to open a passage in. The room inside has a large cross on the wall, hence the name Locked Cross Room.

Hidden Room: The Other Hallway

Now we get to that other hallway without a staircase behind pillars that I told you about. It looks totally empty at first glace, but keep looking, and you find a way to open a passage to a firelit (or not it someone came by and put them out before) hallway that leads to a nice overlook over the void. Once in that room, you might be sad that that's all the is, but look again, for that room leads to a real easter egg!

Other Hidden Rooms: (Not going to tell too much here, find them on your own!)

Water Room - Hidden behind a waterfall, oldest trick in the book!

You Win Room - I personaly find this the hardest of the all, good luck!

Rooftop Sign - Not much of a room, once again, ice platforms to get up to on the roof!

"Gosh, - Maybe this would be a good spot for something." (Mini hidden room in a hidden room)

Thank you all for reading! If you know of any more, please point me toward them so I can check them out! If you are right, I will give you full credit in the post. I play mostly on server 2, so if you want to find me so I can show you some rooms, just be on there often. Also waiting for the word from an admin if this is all...

2. skeecow Gold

XP:
    35,791xp
    Beatbox*. And to insert pictures, upload them to imgur.com and put that link in. Also, you have covered all the hidden areas. Nice job lol.
  3. skeecow Gold

XP:
    35,791xp
    Almost positive, I've been playing for a long time. :3
  4. TheHermitSpycrab Platinum

XP:
    21,277xp
    Ok, cool, shall we delete our now irrelevant posts?
  5. Bracko Emerald

XP:
    238,128xp
    Gah... I've been looking for about half an hour for this room. Another clue? :3
    WAIT.
    The "actual easter egg" room...
    DERP.
    I thought it was something more exciting. :lmao:

IGNORE ME!!!!
  6. hardrax Regular Member

XP:
    74xp
    i dont understand how i can open the iron doors please you can show me a day?
  7. Shadow_Mitten Regular Member

XP:
    31,323xp
    Thanks to that "Other Hallway" hint, I have now found all Easter Eggs! WOO! (Just so you know, I found those other ones legit. :wink:). Thank you, Leo!
  8. Shadow_Mitten Regular Member

XP:
    31,323xp
    Oh, and, I don't know if this counts as a secret place, but you know the three platforms with the holes you jump up to get to BeatBox? Of course you do. Anyway, on the first platform, in the center of it's floor, there's glass you can look through to see a portal to the End? Possibly an upcoming feature? I don't know. But I just thought you'd like to know that if you didn't already (and you probably do, making me look stupid).
  9. shebbear2 Platinum

XP:
    120,289xp
    Probably decoration more than anything. Probably.

o_O
  10. Shadow_Mitten Regular Member

XP:
    31,323xp
    If you say so.
  11. TheHermitSpycrab Platinum

XP:
    21,277xp
    No, I did not see that. (Now I look stupid. :stuck_out_tongue:) Thanks for the info, but I'm not TOO sure that counts as a hidden thing. Wait, did you say easter egg collection? You mean the 'real' easter egg, or a just a hidden room...
  12. Shadow_Mitten Regular Member

XP:
    31,323xp
    I meant all things hidden.
  13. TheHermitSpycrab Platinum

XP:
    21,277xp
    Yes, well, I'm glad! I'm spending all my time trying to find all the hidden things in Shotbow. Smash seems to have an awful lot of hidden things, so I thought I would start there.
  14. Shadow_Mitten Regular Member

XP:
    31,323xp
    Happiness all around! Oh, and, uh, my friend told me about a secret room under the GhostCraft map, Octopus. I have never gotten in while spectating, the entrance is really hard for me to find. But since you have a lot more luck at this than I do, maybe you'd like to look for it! There are a few places where you can look into the room, but from those views, it looks empty. But you know what the Transformers say! 'More that meets the eye'!
  15. raiderex Gold

XP:
    13,797xp
    It's the old spawn room
  16. TheHermitSpycrab Platinum

XP:
    21,277xp
    I'm sorry, what?
  17. PolarPimp294 Regular Member

XP:
    100,162xp
    What about that floating mansion in the main shotbow lobby? (Follow the shooting arrows) I can't seen to get to it :mad:
  18. Shadow_Mitten Regular Member

XP:
    31,323xp
    You need the Obsidian donor rank to get there, unfortunately.
  19. Bracko Emerald

XP:
    238,128xp
    No... I've gotten there. It's called bad internet + load HD video on youtube. :3
  20. Shadow_Mitten Regular Member

XP:
    31,323xp
    Some of us have great or at least good internet, so we need the Obsidian donor rank to get there.