1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Elemental Boss Bows, Custom Enchantments

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by blaze81, Dec 8, 2013.

Suggestion - Elemental Boss Bows, Custom Enchantments
  1. blaze81 Platinum

XP:
    29,444xp
    Hello fellow Annihilation players!

I have started to use Archer much more to change up my style of fighting and I was thinking. Why don't we have elemental bow drops from the Bosses? Here is what I propose...

Firwen's Bow of Venom
    Power I
    Has a 15% chance of inflicting Poison I on an enemy for 5 seconds.
    This poison is heavy on the arrows. The arrows drops much more than normal.

Celariel's Multifarious (or Shotbow) Bow
    Power I
    Punch I
    Has a 30% chance of firing 3 shots at once!
    After the multi-shot it has a cool down of 2 seconds before firing your next shot.

Firwen's Bow of Darkness
    Punch II
    Has a 20% chance of striking your opponent with Blindness I and Slowness II for 4 seconds.
    Has a 5% chance of causing 5 seconds of Nausea to yourself.

Celariel's Bow of Capability
    Power III
    Has a chance of dealing extra damage the farther away your target is to you.
    After 18 blocks your bow will deal extra damage, every 7 more blocks (aswell as the 18 so a total of 25) your target is dealt an extra heart of damage.

Firwen's Bow of Wither
    Power II
    Punch I
    Has a 10% chance to inflict an enemy with wither for 4 seconds.

Celariel's Bow of Explosion
    Punch I
    Flame I
    Has a 20% chance of inflicting explosion damage in a 2x2 square as of where it landed/hit the target.
    Has a 5% chance of inflicting explosion damage along with a splash fire effect that sets enemies in a blaze!

Firwen's Bow of Beta
    Unbreaking X
    Shoots like the 1.4 beta bow! Rain terror on your enemies!
    This bow however has a cooldown and after you shoot 15 arrows you cannot fire for another 5 seconds. This bow is capable of shooting rapid fire arrows but at a short range as well as damage.

Please tell me what you think! If you would like to add anything or want something tweaked/ changed comment!

Enchantments
    Blast: Chance to cause explosive damage.
    15% chance at level I
    25% chance at level II

Venom: Chance to inflict poison on hit enemy.
    10% chance at level I
    20% chance at level II

Capability: Inflicts more damage depending on distance shot.
    After 18 blocks your bow will deal extra damage, every 7 more blocks (aswell as the 18 so a total of 25) your target is dealt an extra heart of damage.

Rustic: Clears all potion effects on hit opponent.
    Uses 10 durability per shot. (35 shots)

Stagnant: Chance to inflict slowness on hit enemy.
    25% chance at level I
    30% chance at level II

This is an idea and will be expounded on.

Edit: Spelling
    Edit 2: Added another bow idea.
    Edit 3 : Changed some of the bows.
    Edit 4 : Added a bow and edited some.
    Edit 5 : Formatting issues.
    Edit 6 : Darn I cannot add a poll :/
    Edit 7: Added bows and etc.
    Edit 8 : Added Enchantments
    Edit 9 (01/12/14): Fixed some things and addressed other things

2. ThePious Silver

XP:
    29,865xp
    We already have a lightning bow.. So why not?

...and change the name of the multifarious bow to "celariel's shotbow"
  3. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    These bows seem a bit underpowered for bows.
  4. blaze81 Platinum

XP:
    29,444xp
    I did this because people would complain about bow spammers and it evens the playing field. These bows are not meant to kill. They are meant to distract and weaken the enemy, making them an easier target for your teammates to kill. If you want a powerful bow I can come up with something.
    ThemRandomNinjaz and Dwarffff like this.
  5. ShunYao Regular Member

XP:
    8,912xp
    Good. I never like using bows, they have to charge and they are EXTREMELY inaccurate. Hit a skeleton once that was 5 blocks away from my target, a zombie. -_-
  6. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Firwen's Bow of Death:

It has a 5% chance of launching a red firework particles blast from the skies and exploding in the enemy

Its a JOKE. Also, did you ever got the Lighthing Bow to work? Its so cool...
  7. Evilbanana5757 Platinum

XP:
    2,523xp
    To be honest I don't think we need these. Celerials Bow of Lightning is pretty overpowered, and not because of the lightning; it's because of the fact that your arrows go perfectly straight. It's almost impossible to miss ;~;
    clarkson227 likes this.
  8. TheWargenflorgen Gold

XP:
    10,429xp
    They're as accurate as you make them. It's not fair to say that since bows aren't what you're good at they're bad. I can hit accurately nearly 100% of the time no matter the distance and obstacles, lag is my only blocker. As such, I love Archer and use it a lot.
  9. ShunYao Regular Member

XP:
    8,912xp
    I pointed straight at it
  10. TheWargenflorgen Gold

XP:
    10,429xp
    Exactly. You don't point straight at it, the arrows travel in an arc. Learn the trajectory and how to estimate it.
  11. ShunYao Regular Member

XP:
    8,912xp
    No, I meant that I pointed at it relative to to trajectory
  12. TheWargenflorgen Gold

XP:
    10,429xp
    Then obviously you wouldn't have missed. Bows have NO deviation.
  13. Eleehas Gold

XP:
    16,125xp
    This is really going to start a Bow-Spamming war.
  14. blaze81 Platinum

XP:
    29,444xp
    I understand but right now there are only two good weapons in the chest that people take. The sword of bloodlust and the lightning bow. I would just like to add more variety and have some things for archers. And other than the lightning bow being overpowered could you elaborate more? It is not difficult to aim yes but many just run away after one shot.
    dylanxbox likes this.
  15. blaze81 Platinum

XP:
    29,444xp
    All these bows have some sort of disadvantage and I tried to make it so you will not be able to. Please re-read the post and if you have thing else just ask!
  16. Evilbanana5757 Platinum

XP:
    2,523xp
    It fires in a perfectly straight line, and the shot is super fast... soo basically you need no skill in order to shoot it :lmao:
  17. blaze81 Platinum

XP:
    29,444xp
    Hahaha :lmao: although that is true if these bows are added it is less likely that you will get the lightning bow so if you don't like it then this could be good for it. And it has VERY little drop but other than that it shoots very straight. When I first used it I thought it was glitched lol it would bounce right off an invisible wall in front of me.
  18. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Sword of Embers is pretty fun to use, it causes a "splash radius of fire aspect" effect, setting players nearby on fire and even you sometimes. Useful to scare large groups of leathers.

Sword of confusion = Slowness and Blindness. With my Scorpio hook i can pull archers to me, block their vision and if their panic, it will be EASY to chase them.

About armors:

Chestplate of the Warrior: Decreases any damage dealt to you by 1 heart, and has some good element protection.
    Greaves of the Rose: Increases the damage you deal by 1 heart by wearing it and has good protection enchants.
    Helm of Legion: For every arrow you shoot, its damage increases by 1 or half a heart, perfect for archers.
    blaze81 likes this.
  19. CVGTI Silver

XP:
    7,911xp
    They are not inaccurate; you are inaccurate.
  20. blaze81 Platinum

XP:
    29,444xp
    Personally I do enjoy every Boss drop but other people do not for some reason. For many swords you need to know how to use them. And I did not know that the Ember sword did splash fire! That's sweet! I also wanted more variety with the Boss drops so I just thought of this up.