1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Want to build a computer? Need some help, Post here!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Piti101, Oct 27, 2013.

Want to build a computer? Need some help, Post here! | Page 2
  1. Bracko Emerald

XP:
    238,128xp
    I know a friend who is looking into building a comp with around a £300-£350 budget. ('bout $500)

It'd need to be fairly decent in terms of graphics, run MC well and generally work pretty smooth. He's British, so buying something locally would be much more helpful. He has an idea of what he wants, but a second opinion would always be very helpful.

2. Piti101 Retired Redstone & Slaughter Lead

XP:
    56,718xp
    Bracko - Send him over to the thread, and I'd be happy to lend a hand.
    Zombry - 600W would be enough to have the extra 10% in case parts use more power, However if you do buy another HDD or something like that in the meantime, You would most likely need a larger PSU, As HDD's account for quite a lot of the power needed for systems.
  3. Superwalus Platinum

XP:
    22,097xp
    Hey Piti, I'm the friend Bracko refers to. As Bracko stated i am indeed looking into building a computer. My budget is quite low however so that's something that will be hard to work with. I'm fed up with my current PC (A netbook) getting 10 or so FPS on lowest graphics I need something that can run MC and some other low - mid type games.

Just to clarify the build needs to be about. 300 - 350 and I can't go much higher. Really I need a little lower if anything. I would really appreciate if you could help me. Thanks.

~Superwalus
  4. Piti101 Retired Redstone & Slaughter Lead

XP:
    56,718xp
    Super - Alright, Any manufactures you prefer or would like me to stay away from, Along with if you know of a local store with a website I could look at or a web store you currently use so I can make the sourcing as easy for you as possible. Looking at a 300-350 You're looking at running a AMD system.
  5. Piti101 Retired Redstone & Slaughter Lead

XP:
    56,718xp
    Superwalrus - This is a basic build at your price point, Along with Sourced from the UK.
    TOTAL $349

Mind you, The Graphics card, Should run Minecraft just fine, You won't be seeing the 150-200+ FPS most likely however there should be no FPS lag, And when you save up more, The PSU and Graphics card can be upgraded without needing to upgrade the whole system.
  6. Superwalus Platinum

XP:
    22,097xp
    Thank you! I will defiantly take this into consideration or possibly use every part, before this I was thinking of this build.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/1QRULMWLOBUFO/ref=topnav_lists_1
    I wasn't quite done, there were still a few things I still needed like a disk drive but that was my base. I'm no pro at this building PC stuff so if it's not too much to ask can you check it for me? Once again thanks.

~Superwalus
  7. Piti101 Retired Redstone & Slaughter Lead

XP:
    56,718xp
    Super - You don't have a GPU listed in there, So I assume you were going to be running the CPU's built in GPU power (Really not very good), The motherboard, is almost the same as I listed, however slightly more the CPU Also is comparable to the AM3+ Core at a more expensive price point, the listed PSU is a tad small for running that system by itself, As the CPU runs 100W's by itself.
  8. Superwalus Platinum

XP:
    22,097xp
    As I stated I didn't have everything worked out. There were stiff thinks like the GPU I needed. Despite that I agree with you and I think I may want to swap to the designs you chose. Thanks for everything, #GoodGuyPiti2013 Now I just need to save up for the computer :lmao: right I may talk to you more once/if I end up building the PC in like half a years time. Thanks again.

~Superwalus
  9. Asutoro Emerald

XP:
    48,654xp
    I'm looking at parts currently, and would I need to buy a sound card? (This is probably a stupid question.) I've heard that you may not need to buy a separate card since the motherboard may have one.
  10. SirDeadPool Regular Member

XP:
    10,058xp
    GO WITH A CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER
  11. Piti101 Retired Redstone & Slaughter Lead

XP:
    56,718xp
    IceFire - Unless you're a huge audiophile, you don't need to buy a secondary internal sound card.
  12. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    I am looking for a good monitor, preferably a 22". Must be at most $130. Also 60 Hz.
  13. JumJumJR Emerald

XP:
    26,401xp
    Sorry for the necro. I am going to be building my first computer this summer, and I have some questions.

If I purchase everything on the 600$ budget, will I have a full working computer?

Is there any sort of programming involved with building a computer?

Also, the CPU that you listed for the 600$ budget has been discontinued. :/ Might you suggest another?
  14. SirDeadPool Regular Member

XP:
    10,058xp
  15. Lemzey Obsidian

XP:
    37,361xp
    Yes you do.

Drivers and Windows.
  16. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
  17. SirDeadPool Regular Member

XP:
    10,058xp
  18. JumJumJR Emerald

XP:
    26,401xp
    So I will have to install a operating system, such as windows seven, or windows 8, correct?

By the way, what's a driver?
  19. Witherwilkillyou Platinum

XP:
    15,148xp
    Yo. Just wondering what one of these builds would be able to run DayZ the best. Thanks for the help.
  20. Piti101 Retired Redstone & Slaughter Lead

XP:
    56,718xp

Yes, You will have to buy windows, Or Linux if you prefer, Drivers are the ones for the GPU and other peripherals like some keyboards and such.