1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Keep items on death

Discussion in 'Slaughter' started by Pigu_lord, Mar 15, 2015.

Keep items on death
  1. Pigu_lord Platinum

XP:
    24,505xp
    You should be able to keep items on death. Once you're on a high wave, and you lose everything, you're almost always going to die again. This leads to many people quitting the game, and having empty sessions. I propose they you keep the game over if everyone dies, but allow players to keep their items once they're revived.
    ninja9351 likes this.

2. HMH035 Regular Member

XP:
    15,374xp
    That would be nice, however it's probably not going to happen as most people would think it's too easy. Yes, it does get annoying when people leave games because they die and don't get stuff back, however, the game is based on CoD Zombies and in that you don't get stuff back when you die. In CoD Zombies you still keep some of your points so you can get some of your weapons back. I think it would be better if you keep some gold, maybe lose half or something. Then the game wouldn't be as easy.
  3. HyerJohn Gold

XP:
    53,870xp
    Yes, this would be a perfect balance.
  4. Piti101 Retired Redstone & Slaughter Lead

XP:
    56,718xp
    I agree that death can make the game quite difficult, However keeping all items and gold can be rather overpowered in later rounds. As the game is being constantly tweaked things may change.
  5. Pigu_lord Platinum

XP:
    24,505xp
    How about this, you get the gold you saved, and half of the cost of your gear, that way, if you saved money, you'll be good, but you will still have to hurry and buy all your items back. I think that's balanced.
    Braiti and StormAerospace like this.
  6. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    I believe if all your gold plus half the worth of your gear is dropped it would be more balanced.

There's a word that starts with a "B" that describes dying after you don't realize how low your health is due to the way that Mojang screwed up the health rendering in 1.8. (That, by the way, can also be described by the same word that starts with a "B", and even more so is the fact you cannot change this in the game's options and there exist no modifications to return the health display to something that can be considered remotely sane).
  7. Pigu_lord Platinum

XP:
    24,505xp
    I just said that?
  8. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    I suggested that it be dropped.
  9. Pigu_lord Platinum

XP:
    24,505xp
    For other people to pick up?
  10. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    Yes. It's better than everything being committed to /dev/null.
  11. Pigu_lord Platinum

XP:
    24,505xp
    Ehh, I think there would be people who would purposefully not help others to get their stuff, maybe on quitting that could work, or split it up between everyone
    Alzi likes this.
  12. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    As for quitting, I think that it may actually make more sense to just drop all their gear and gold, since the same would happen if they were to manually drop everything before quitting.
  13. Vegan_Atheist Platinum

XP:
    227,076xp
    I'd be happy if they just kept Gold after death.

But if you get to keep items, make it like a 30% chance that an item "breaks" and disappears.
  14. kwsagitarii Guest

XP:
    xp
    Yes that is a great idea because I always die reasonably late in the game and fighting hoards of creepers, zombies, skeletons and endermen is practically impossible with only a wooden sword
  15. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    I think it's fine how it currently is. It adds a challenge, and forces you to be extra careful and extra cautious. Makes the game more fun in a way.
  16. 8noremac Regular Member

XP:
    30,784xp
    the items drop when you die so you can just pick them up again