1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Ghost Ability - Heal Pulse

Discussion in 'GhostCraft' started by _frostie, Dec 13, 2014.

Suggestion - Ghost Ability - Heal Pulse
?

Would you want to see this added to GC?

Yes! 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Maybe, but not without changes. 1 vote(s) 12.5%
No. 4 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. _frostie Retired Staff

XP:
    616,157xp
    Hello everyone! Today I've got another quick redstone suggestion. Seeing the ghost only has three abilities, I made this one.

Heal Pulse
    Over the course of 15~ seconds, you regenerate around half of your health, however, as a downside to this you get a progressively stronger slowness debuff. On top of that, anyone can use this for a small recovery, so it would be best to hide somewhere and throw it down.

One slight downside I could think about this would be people prolonging matches, and I'm not sure how you'd go about countering this.

Thank you for viewing! :)
    MOAB4leader and 323465963 like this.

2. Deadspeck Mini Builder

XP:
    122,129xp
    i could just leech off of an afk...
  3. 8noremac Regular Member

XP:
    30,784xp
  4. _frostie Retired Staff

XP:
    616,157xp
    Over all, I don't think it's too bad due to the reason like Deadspeck said; you could just kill an afk player and they'd heal you up about the same as this does. This is more of an assured heal; you'd want to use it while you're hidden somewhere to regen some health at the cost of movement speed.

However, I'm wondering if the ghost is effected by weakness as that could be a better alternative than slowness which could be waited out. It seems like a better option seeing weakness doesn't affect attack damage that badly, and how the ghost is very mobile so slowness wouldn't hinder it that badly.
  5. 8noremac Regular Member

XP:
    30,784xp
    when people get a bad effect like slowness they will just wait till the effect is over so the game would be very boring. i forgot what my other reason was that i wanted to tell you :(
  6. BOJMS Emerald

XP:
    17,577xp
    honestly i cannot think of a reason to add this. Considering every hit the ghost makes on a player gives them 1/2 a heart, it would prolong the game for a duration that is not necessary and make camping to heal oneself (as ghost) too great a risk. The ghost is already really powerful considering it's speed, leap ability, and 1-hit stab kill, not to mention they have a good variety of grenades and other tools to combat the players. From there, it is more skill basis. If you play for long enough, you can find that you can skillfully kill all the players with ease as long as you can figure out how to kill them. Basically, i am encouraging newer players to think for themselves. If something does not work well, change it up! The option to become ghost is only a few minutes away. if you are not getting ghost after multiple rounds in a row, change up your play style. Like any other game, if you are willing to open up to new tactics, more options easily flood in.

Sorry for the long rant. The idea is not bad at all, but the negatives seem to outweigh the positives in this case in my opinion.
    PineFrost64 and 8noremac like this.
  7. _frostie Retired Staff

XP:
    616,157xp
    Now that you point it out, I agree with you guys here. I had the vibe that this does give free and easy health, without having to worry about dying while trying to kill someone for it. However, I thought this seemed like it would work out, given the fact you can be dealt a pretty good bit of damage in a short amount of time. I'm not entirely sure now if this would fit the feel of ghostcraft as a whole, as it requires skill to get the hang of things and this would throw everything out of balance. Thank you for the feedback, too! :)
  8. Murante Regular Member

XP:
    935xp
    I actually have a lot to say about this.

First of, as has been mentioned in many other forums, this stuff is not a necessity. There are many other things going on in shotbow rather than more kit ideas. For instance- no cheat- which is actually a bit better recently.

Also, this is either too op or just plain stupid. People before have explained why. Ghost allready heals, and the ghost can just hide to cancel the bad effects.

But, if problems in GC were fixed, Gc needs more of the ghost kits. So I will explain my revised version on this. 'Leach' being a better name for it, you lose 2.5 hearts from using this ability, but instead of healing half a heart each hit, you heal a full heart. You still get the weakness included. What this does is it gets rid of the stupiness and the op-ness. It's not stupid anymore because it makes sence. It's not op anymore because you can't cheat the negative effects, and instead get punished if you do.
    PineFrost64 likes this.
  9. DieDream Obsidian

XP:
    42,823xp
    Nuuuuu.
    Deadspeck likes this.
  10. Sad Emerald

XP:
    885,564xp
    Too overpowered. Basically giving the ghost half his health back. The ghost on most maps can jump to a unreachable place (without sniper) and easily heal half there hp. The added slowness I believe won't be enough, just make the sword do 1/2 - 1 less hearts upon attacking so you are sacrificing damage for health.
  11. Murante Regular Member

XP:
    935xp
    And this is why I gave the leaching idea-

While it's true, Pine's original idea for the heal plus is way over powered, the idea that I gave is not.

Leaching effect- The ghost, by using heal plus, will start by losing 2.5 hearts, getting weakness, but they heal a heart for every hit instead of half a heart. This is way more of a gamble, like blink.

For starters, player cannot just sit in a corner and hide, by doing this you will end up losing 2.5 hearts and getting nothing back. First, ghost must be able to hit someone 5 times to repeal the damage that they took from the beginning. While that is happening, survivors are hitting back at you, and with weakness, it will take longer to kill the players, giving more opportunities for you and the people attacking you to hit you. If the player is hitting you with an iron sword, you will have to hit them 2 times every time they hit you to keep health stable, plus more to be able to cancel out starting effect of damage. (the reason I said 5 hits to regain what you lost instead of 2.5 is because you would have gotten another 2.5 by hitting that person regularly so you would have still lost 2.5 hearts) Against a player with a stone sword, you have to hit them 3 times every 2 times they hit you, plus the extra to keep your health stable. If you are not able to reach 5 more hits than what would have made you stable, you would have lost health, but if you were able to, you could gain as much health as how good you are.

This idea is obviously much more of a gamble, and I hope you understand what I'm coming at. I don't think I made myself clear in my last post so- here is this
  12. Deadspeck Mini Builder

XP:
    122,129xp

like seriously.... why do you type unnecessary paragraphs... its unethical ans annoying
  13. Murante Regular Member

XP:
    935xp
    1- unethical? how so? I'm simply giving an idea that I think will fix certain problem.

2-unnecissary? people are saying this is under powered and as soon as I give an idea you say I shouldn't have?

3-annoying? I think what's annoying is saying over and over again what it is- under powered, instead of actually trying to fix it by giving ideas

If you don't understand those 3 things I'm pretty sure you know nothing about the forums- whats the point of saying something if it's already said, and whats the point of making an idea if nobodies going to try and help make revisions?
  14. NotMike15 Emerald

XP:
    22,923xp
    Girls, girls, you're both pretty. If you have a problem with someone, take it up in private - not on someone elses thread.

Onto the topic, I agree with the vocal majority here in saying that this is both unnecessary and overpowered. I think MAYBE if you were to make the downfall of healing yourself that much be permanent slowness or permanent damage debuff, then maybe, but even then, you could argue that will just make stabbing people easier when you move slower and on top of that, half of the ghost's health back is an incredible amount to give back. It is not something to take lightly.

All in all, either there needs to be more counterweight to the positive health, or this is just too overpowered. Sorry.