1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Some Discussions.

Discussion in 'When in Rogue' started by SnowblindGhost, Dec 14, 2014.

Discussion - Some Discussions.
?

Do you like any of these suggestions?

Yes! They will help When In Rogue to grow to it's full release healthily. 4 vote(s) 57.1%
No. These suggestions will severely effect how this game will be. 1 vote(s) 14.3%
Maybe, it could use something a bit different. I'm all ears. 4 vote(s) 57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    NOTE: This is a work in progress thread with many branches and may be altered at any time!

So, as we know this game stands infamous and yet is in development and gets a lot of complaints and has a lot of issues.
    • Crashing. On Jungle level 6 it almost always crashes regardless.
    • Complaining. Too much poeple complain about it's public release.
    • Lack of content. Right now, in it's alpha stage it stands dull and right now looks like it will be like this throughout it's official release.
    I have thought of some suggestions to help suppress these issues and help with development in this game. We can't let this game just be another Arrow Arcade game with little to no players on it. It has a lot of potential and I don't want something with so much work to get so little attention.
    Let's browse these suggestions, shall we?

CRASHING.
    As we know, on the sixth level on Jungle, it crashes almost instantaneously and inevitably. It happens whenever you enter a huge room. With tons of enemies in it. It refuses to input any commands before shooting you back to the hub.
    This is a huge problem as you can't progress to the ice levels and many complications.
    Unless if you staff are miracle workers, I don't think simply making the coding better will help it work. Otherwise it will become an energy and money vampire of this server and intreppid will have too high demands. Of course, that's just my assumption. I'm not a developer.
    Here are my thoughts on how to help this issue:
    Set a spawn timer. Even though it will refuse to spawn all enemies for the first waves, it will continue to spawn monsters regardless of What goes. I think it should be to where it spawns in terms of waves: instead of spawning 10 monsters every 10 seconds, make it a wave where every so and so monsters killed, it will spawn the next wave. Depending on how big the room is, it will set an interval on many waves, how big the waves, and wave variety. We will get into variety later.
    Quality over quantity. Having over 50 spiders and zombies just overwhelms the console As a big room settles and spawns many monsters that say, don't have armor. While there are only a few high tier monsters . How about we instead get rid of no-armor zombies and keep the enchanted chains? With the wave interval mechanic, this should help keep the player from getting swarmed and getting overmatched.

COMPLAINING.
    Many regulars rant or as I that the When In Rogue alpha be public. Too often does it get locked and their suggestion is disregarded.
    This should or might be more helpful coming from a silver. I have experienced both poor and wealthy in my time of flying shotbow.
    This complaint effort is a problem as it upsets the community and sets many mixed feelings about a game and their developers.
    Here are my thoughts on how to solve this.
    Pre-Order and/or early access card that you can buy. First and foremost, I do not support pre-orders and early access routes. They have been used to phish people's money and are abused for the wrong reason. Pre-Orders are used to help support an author's work so they'll have enough money to boost and complete their work without having to look for another job or slow down development. But in this case a pre-order does not sound too rash.
    If (Emphasis on the If) this game is going to be premium only than why not add a method of access through buying a pass for a small fortune? So I propose you add a pass for say, 5 dollars, to get full access to this game and it's stuff.
    A migration method. For 15.00 XP you will get 1 week of premium access into When In Rogue's game. Do this 3 times and you will get full access into this game unto it's release.
    I will add more onto this later in time.

LACK OF CONTENT.
    Right now, in it's alpha stage, all it holds right now is a dungeon runner with upgrades. PVP may be added soon, but is that all? If it is, then this game mightn't be all it's cracked up to be.
    Here are some things that might help it's dull state.
    Monster variety. We may have armored zombies, unarmored zombies, and stuff like that, but I'm asking for more types of one thing, Shiny Toes, Forsakens, those types of variety in each monster! Zombies with speed I, if it's different, it could work.
    New monsters. You could have pigmen with resistance 3 and weakness 2, or maybe a wither skeleton with full purple armor that moves by teleporting to you in a zigzag fashion. Of course I don't know if this is in the ice levels, but I would love to see some.
    New stages. Desert temple? Elder Scrolls Oblivion death prison? Swampy bog? If I could see some new maps with twists to them and no red sky that makes you sick . . . I would love to see a sky biome that doesn't give me a headache . . .
    New stuff outside the dungeon. Maybe after you complete stronghold you get opened to this entire medieval city with quest givers and a storyline with a half-MMO-half-Roguelike-dungeon-runner feel? An arena with the top fighters name engraved in the sign, a quest to go to a pre-generated dungeon and find a lost gem for 500 rep? If this could be added, it would sky rocket it's popularity!

Status update. I have already made a thread about how the staff should release patch notes, current development, content patches, and further to come. If we could get in on the news about what the staff are creating, it would allow for our community to be patient and help stop poeple from making threads asking if the staff had forgotten this game yet.

This is my suggestion for When In Rogue.

EDIT: I got 0 XP for creating this. :(
    SECONDARY EDIT: Never mind I got 15 XP! :eek:

Congratulations! You have read my thoughts on it! You are rewarded with a cookie!
    You may now discuss about it and see if you lite it, dislike it, or could improve it!

Thanks!

-SnowblindGhost
    jessenorton likes this.

2. xGucciGang420 Silver

XP:
    10,253xp
    I think WIR is a great gamemode, I love the feeling of getting armour upgrades, etc. But since it isn't released to the public, you're lucky if you see 10+ people on at 1 time.
    Release it to the public now, and boom, the numbers will go soaring
  3. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    That's what I think.
    DaFunkPvP likes this.
  4. AnotherGuy100 Gold

XP:
    272,205xp
    I feel the only problem with this is that people will see it as is, and then grow bored of it because it doesnt have the full content. otherwise i completely agree.

also other things to add to your post:
    • ability upgrades:
      • Have upgtradable abilities, for example, shadowwalk. you can upgrade for longer duration, increased movement speed while active, etc. all upgrades have a debuff. longer duration could be a 5% chance of a mob still seeing you, speed could be decreased duration. things like this to suit how you want to play.
    • swappable abilities/ other classes:
      • the classes were meant to be made, but have seen no progress. another option is to let the player pick 3(or 4? cant remember, its been so long) abilities from a bank. so it is more customized. Want to speed run dungeons? put a speed boost, shadow walk and berserker abilities. Want to team support? use smoke ball, healing pulse(heal 1 heart within 3 blocks or something) and battle cry( damage boost for teammates, doesnt effect you)
      • note: I personally like this better than classes, but i know this can potentially lead to OP setups, its just an idea.
    And just more personalization stuff, so you can fit your character to how YOU will play, not a preset way.
  5. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    This thread died fast.
  6. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    I can never get a few ppl on to help me. I wanna get past the 1st lvl but I get to the 4th dungeon and almost always die in view of the end!

P.S. We often see each other @snowblindghost - wanna help me get through so I can continue upgrading?
  7. vampire_toothy Guest

XP:
    xp
    Public release = 400+ people, this is from my own experience ._., but to this thread, +1, mineZ 2 is great, its good enough, now work on WIR :stuck_out_tongue:
  8. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    Yeah, prioritizing seems important nowadays. Of course, MineZ 2 still needs house fixing bugs, arena, and tons more . . .

We do have to remember this is however alpha, and the full release will be like the MineZ 2 release, 250+ pops in a row.
    It also doesn't help on the fact that I keep saying in every small minigame, the domino effect.
    "I don't see any players on. I'm gonna quit playing."
    "Less players are on lately . . . This is getting boring."
    "Everyone keeps quoting and I can't play with so little players. I'm gonna leave."
    Anyway, I probably mightn't. I can try, but I can't guarantee it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention those. I'll edit those after I make a 100.000.000.000 ÷¼½¾+x%±·¹ to the 5th power character essay on my thoughts on Annihilation. :confused:
  9. Rrrepatiti Platinum

XP:
    138,140xp
  10. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp