1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion WE MUST REVIVE WASTED !!!

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by bottelbomb200, Nov 22, 2014.

Discussion - WE MUST REVIVE WASTED !!!
  1. bottelbomb200 Silver

XP:
    3,044xp
    I have been a long time wasted player...i have seen wasted go through a rough time but this is just ridiculous.And what is worst of all is that ShotBow isn't doing anything to help wasted get revived so i posted this form to see what the people that still love wasted and want it back have to say...Like ideas of what we can do to get wasted back....excluding turning it in to something it isn't :my idea is that on the minecraft server menu where it now says MINEZ 2 IS OUT ! it should say..WASTED IS BACK !

2. bottelbomb200 Silver

XP:
    3,044xp
    As much as i know people have left wasted i also know that all of you still like it and i beg of you,help me make shotbow realize it.Post your comment of something u loved about wasted and how much you want wasted to be restored to its former glory.
  3. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    Don't tl;dr this: This is really all that matters.

It's a vicious circle. Example: Player 1 goes to wasted. No-one plays it. Player 1 thinks that wasted isn't fun without someone playing it and quits. Now Player 2 goes to wasted too and sees that no-one plays it too. So he quits too. It's like the chicken (Player 1) and the egg (Player 2): without the chicken there will be no egg: but without an egg there will be no chicken. Then you need help from outside, like from the dev's. Look at how it happens in the real world: countries are stuck in a vicious circle of needing money for rebuilding but without a rebuilding there will be no money. Then it needs help from outside, from other countries who donate money and help. The only big difference between wasted and the real world is that wasted is left to die and doesn't get any help. But if wasted gets it truly needed help, it will eventually get back to it's usual state.

A bit hard to understand, but this is just the core of the problem, and if this problem will be solved Wasted will attract people again.
  4. bottelbomb200 Silver

XP:
    3,044xp
    you are right :wink:
  5. bottelbomb200 Silver

XP:
    3,044xp
    But..the question still stands...how will we do this ?
  6. CrazySmokerDude Platinum

XP:
    2,557xp
    Bring old wasted, while you can shoot with jet pack in air and everything normal, I am bringing people back with me :stuck_out_tongue:
    DaFunkPvP and Jedi_man like this.
  7. vampire_toothy Guest

XP:
    xp
  8. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    If an admin even says "we will help you" we can start thinking. I think that making plans now is a 'waste' of time because the chance that the devs will listen is very, very low. But making ideas doesn't harm, and maybe put some links to previous suggestions if you have one :D
  9. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    I was the guy who made a thread with around 60+ likes and yet it didn't work.
    Another guy made a thread with like 150 likes (PROBABLY THE MOST LIKED THREAD IN THESE FORUMS) and it didn't work.

Waiting is the only thing to do.
    Reillyrox13 likes this.
  10. bottelbomb200 Silver

XP:
    3,044xp
    waiting is not an option anymore...ive been waiting for 2 months.....Um...what if we post a wasted forum on the minez2 section ?
  11. NotMike15 Emerald

XP:
    22,923xp
    AWFUL idea. That's a quick way to get a thread removed.

Honestly, I feel like the wasted community backed the devs into a corner, saying "Oh, these things need to be changed because of reason A, B, and C", then when the devs did what was requested, they got serious backlash. The perfect example of this is the jetpack issue. A ton of people were saying jetpacks were OP, and the people with jetpacks dominated the air by flying around and shooting mid-air, creating havoc along the way. As a result, the devs changed it. Now, all I see is people complaining about the change.

Do I know what to do? No. I'm just saying that there's a ton of people with conflicting opinions, yet everyone is screaming at the devs "EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE WORKING ON OTHER PROJECTS, FIX THIS GAME BY MAKING EVERYONE HAPPY". You need to keep in mind that there are other projects that they are currently working on, and every time that an update for wasted comes out, it gets its own mix of opinions. I agree with Mega that Wasted will get its day, but now is not that day/week/month. Wait and see what happens. In the meantime, play something else. Sorry. :L
  12. bottelbomb200 Silver

XP:
    3,044xp
    i'm sorry i do see your point,but im not giving up...i do play other things though but Wasted is still my favorite
  13. NotMike15 Emerald

XP:
    22,923xp
    This is my final post on this because I don't want to turn this into a debocle. Bombarding the staff with your opinion is no better than spam. Constantly saying to staff in different forums "DO SOMETHING ABOUT WASTED!!!1!!" will do nothing but get you universally despised by the staff for an uncountable amount of reasons. I highly suggest you let things play out considering the amount of things that are happening in Shotbow right now - new gamemodes, updates, etc. Give the devs time to work on their list of things to do before you add another thing to it.
  14. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    You were awaiting for 2 months? I have been on a group of people who have been awaiting for over 6 months for a DECENT update.
    Alexboy132 likes this.
  15. bottelbomb200 Silver

XP:
    3,044xp
    It sucks doesn't it...we have to resort to other server to fill the void left by the disappearance of SHOTBOW'S WASTED...
  16. Jedi_man Platinum

XP:
    78,909xp
    [IMG] I miss wasted
  17. ThePandemos Platinum

XP:
    30,182xp
    [IMG]
    100% true
  18. Cole5slaw Platinum

XP:
    116,195xp
    I scraped together some time last week and decided to use it to play Wasted. I began with GunGame. It was left just as pathetic as it was I last played, over two months ago. And when I started playing GunGame for the first time, it was also just as pathetic. I decided to go to Sandbox, even though I wanted Wasted: Control. The player amounts have halved and the amount of bugs and lag doubled. Horses flying in the air, 5 second server freezes ever 10 seconds, plain-as-day headshots that don't register as headshots, and the Car moved faster than the Motorcycle because the lag slows you and the steering is jacked up so you can't stay on the roads. When I got on, there was only 1 server with either 37 or 87 people, I don't remember. And it was bugged, as there was no diamond. There were people using racism, spamming and flat-out being an ass to anyone who killed them or commented in the chat.

I've heard Shotbow has "Professional gamemodes with professional staff" But the only "Professional" gamemodes I see are Vadact, Annihilation, MineZ (40% hacker), MineZ 2, HCF, and possibly Ghostcraft. When I played MineZ 2, I was astounded by how much professionalism was put into the gamemode, and it was Platinum Alpha. One of the biggest annoyances I have ever had with Wasted and it's developers was when the ability to break and place Cacti was removed. They considered it a bug. I even posted a thread shortly after the update that PROVED, EVEN IN THEIR OWN GAMEMODE that you were supposed to place/break cacti. There's a SIGN that says so in the Lobby, built by the staff, and yet they removed the feature. But that's not the part that got me, they said that Wasted was finally getting attention and that there was more to come and despite the fact that I had PROVEN THAT THIS IS A FEATURE, NOT A BUG they did not listen to the thread and did not revert it. That was when I quit Wasted, because I knew even though it was getting attention, it was soon to fall to it's doom. In fact, I quit Shotbow for a couple months.

I don't know what is going on in the Studios of Shotbow right now, but whatever it is, I understand you're not life-devoted to this and that you get a lot of crap for it, but gamemodes are dying. I don't want to get out of the Wasted subject, but SMASH is extremely popular. Currently the third most popular gamemode (prior to the public release of MineZ 2, it was the second), and it gets little to no attention whatsoever. If you want me to, I will get on any of the gamemodes you want me to, count and report the bugs, and let you professionally run your server without me complaining anymore.
    MrLovesHam and DaFunkPvP like this.
  19. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp

I think Wasted will take a lot of time for them to revive. It's still using the XP System from the EULA, basically, not even the XP system there got updated. And i believe every game other than minigames and Wasted have /report right now.
  20. KrautPhonic Silver

XP:
    27,845xp
    tl;dr
    Alexboy132 likes this.