1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide The One and Only Ghostcraft Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'GhostCraft' started by XDryBones957, Oct 8, 2014.

Guide - The One and Only Ghostcraft Guide for Beginners | Page 2
?

How did this guide benefit you?

It was extremely helpful! 2 vote(s) 25.0%
I learned a lot of new things. 1 vote(s) 12.5%
I learned a decent amount of information. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I learned a few things. 5 vote(s) 62.5%
  1. Moiste Regular Member

XP:
    9,567xp

I didn't mention particles because that's a purchasable item, which I do not include in the guide. Thanks for the feedback though! Glad it helped in some sort of way. :stuck_out_tongue:

2. Deadspeck Mini Builder

XP:
    122,129xp
    uhh..... umm.... particles are what you find in settings that turn to minimal - maximum............. :zbanghead:
  3. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    Changed title of thread, as per request of OP, mmm-kay!
    XDryBones957 likes this.
  4. Murante Regular Member

XP:
    935xp
    Hmm, wonder if anyone should'a listened to me?
    Sorry I was gone so long, reading One Piece :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, short as in half the length as Mynamesnotmike's forum?
    Most of this stuff I could tell players in game if they didn't know it allready, and in a shorter response.

Paragraph 2: Ok, if someone was actually so bad they weren't doing this, I'd just tell them, them, plain and simple "you are trying to survive and kill the ghost"

Paragraph 3: I'd just say "Move around more, you're an easy target". The next part in the paragraph is just stupid. Also that's definantly not the best stratagy, that's what you call bias. A better strategy in my opinion is- stay around others but not to close. In other words- "every swing with your sword takes up durability. Swing with your BOOK if you can't see or you want to spam. When ghost is hit, wait a second and keep spamming with your book because chances are it allready got away. When it stabs, don't run away, jump around and attack it, keep it off guard, and unwilling to go through certain passages. Going into 3rd person is stupid unless you're practice in it, even though it still disorients you and keeps you from seen the most important place- ahead-".

Paragraph 4: Faking will do absolutely nothing to help you, the ghost can see you as a solid object, faking only works as ghost. A ghost can't lose a survivor, it can see name tags, and if you shift, the ghost can still see where you were before while you're moving like a snail. This entire paragraph is useless.

Paragraph 5: Never trust medics. Most medics are selfish assholes, but please remember to know that some medics are kind. Only if you know this about a medic go to them or call medic, otherwise the ghost will see you as a target. Another useless paragraph

Paragraph 6: You are repeating what you are saying. No, that is not the only way to presue the ghost, you can predict where the ghost is going and intercept them. Ghost has speed 1 and leap. Don't be an idiot, you won't catch up unless the ghost is an idiot too. The rest of this is stated more thought in MNNM's guide.

Paragraph 7: Where is support in this paragraph?

Paragraph 8: You should have split archer and battle now in 2 catagories, and you never mentiond battle bow. Battle bow is better in long corridors, not archer. For archer, you have to pull your bow, giving ghost time to get to you.

Paragraph 9: This paragraph is good untill the end. Throw grenades at where you thing the ghost is going, or in corridors.

Paragraph 10: ok, it's allright.

Paragraph 11: Allright introduction.

Paragraph 12: no no no. Leaping and stab. Leaping is a shorter burst that's allready charged and can get you far in little time. If you are being chased, don't bother wasting your time shifting. Stab is an instant kill- need I say more? Start practicing early so you get used to a stabbing strategy and get ahead faster

Paragraph 13: The only problem with this is the word massive. Block throwing does little damage and should only be resorted to if low on health.

Paragraph 14: This is ok, but you still exclude leap.

Paragraph 15: Ok introduction

Paragraph 16: You really don't know much do you. The diamond pick axe in your inventory does half a heart more for every hit, equivalent to a stone sword, with greater durability. Any damage you do to a player gives a half a heart, even a punch.

Paragraph 17: Or inside, but otherwise allright.

Paragraph 18: Good paragraph

Paragraph 19: Good paragraph

Paragraph 20: Good paragraph

Paragraph 21: Good paragraph- yet Most things said in these 4 paragraphs are in books, also more thoughelyn xplained in MNNM's guide

Paragraph 22: This would better do in conclusion, and also it's got a lot of unnecessary information.

Conclusion: Ok allright.

So I just reviewed that, took an hour. Most of the stuff you have is good, but like others have said, it's extremely biased. I do believe that you can edit this and make it better, prove my responses to your first thread wrong. But you got to listen to others. I saw this in the first thread when we were communicating and it's what made me thing this would fail. I tried to tell you that there were allready threads for this yet you refused to compromise. You could've tried to make something new, It's just that this has been done too many times before. If you listen to others instead of just insulting them for what they are saying you will go far in this thread. You have your thread color coded but you have notable of contents

Edit- sorry for the necro, it's just that I found several things in this guide 'off'. If the guide maker still refuses to make edits to this, for it is still quite biased, this guide will be very misleading for some people who have a different mindset than others. That is the point of the community commenting on things, so you get a wide variety of mindset and ideas from different people. This thread, it's not that it doesn't deserve to be shut down, it just can't be shut down. If someone reads a forum with as many problems as this they will be extremely miss leaded. This thread won't be lost either because xdrybones has it on his signature.

P.S. Sorry if some of the things are confusing.
    XDryBones957 likes this.
  5. DieDream Obsidian

XP:
    42,823xp
    You should just let this slowly get off the 1st gc forums page, murante
  6. Murante Regular Member

XP:
    935xp
    Like I said in the edit, xdrybones has it in his signature. Either he takes it off is signature or we have to fix it. Someone might want to play ghostcraft, never really bothered to look at the gc forum, and then sees his signature. I know that I sometimes go to links in signatures. By the way, he said that this forum would be on afterlife maps, not gc. What happened to that?

I agree otherwise, for then it will become less visable
    XDryBones957 likes this.
  7. Moiste Regular Member

XP:
    9,567xp
    Murante,

I appreciate the time and effort you took into writing this comment, but you seem to misunderstand. This is a guide for beginners who are still trying to learn how to play Ghostcraft. Since you an experienced player, your opinion may vary from actual beginners. Even if the information didn't help you at all, reading this guide may benefit new players, as the poll shows. Once they have learned the basic information on Ghostcraft, they can then change their tactics to what best suits them. For example, your tactics probably differ from mine, but I'm guessing that we are both successful players.

And the Afterlife thread was a question on whether or not I should mention the afterlife maps in this guide, and I decided not to. This will be my last post on this guide, for I am more involved in the Smash section of the forums.
  8. Murante Regular Member

XP:
    935xp
    Ahh, you see, that's what makes it biased. The point of a guide is to give someone without much understanding more understanding. In ghostcraft's case, it's also to give a wide range of options for them to use. The reason that most people have been responding is to make you realize that serious changes are in order. You are saying that one strategy is the best, instead of giving many varieties to choose from. If someone reading this guide sees that you say one STRATAGY is the best, they are going to use that strategy, and frankly, some of the strategies you say are good are really actually bad. As Wunderpus said earlier, you use water particals so you don't have a good view of the strategies of ghost. If you want this to be a good guide for beginners, you better start listening because if you keep it like this it will stay very bad. If you look at MNNM's guide and look at the comments, he makes changes according to what others say.

Making a guide is a group effort, because often times, when people make things, they refuse to see the problems included. We were all beginners once, and the thing is, now that we are experienced players, we not only know what it was like but be also know things that we WANTED to know as begginers
  9. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Murante, you're missing the point. DryBones, regardless of the flaws of his guide, put effort into trying to do this, and I have to respect that. However, complaining in a paragraph-by-paragraph review of things that have already been said is unnecessary. Like DieDream said, the best thing for this thread to do is to slowly fade away. If someone finds this thread and is genuinely helped by it, it's their right to post that. However, you don't need to keep saying what needs to be changed.
    Ewayne and 323465963 like this.
  10. Murante Regular Member

XP:
    935xp
    I know that he put effort in his guide, and I respect him for it too. But all I'm saying is that it'd go a long way if we could try and fix some of the flaws and maybe get it up to the level of MNNM's guide. The effort put into this guide should not be lost, but expanded upon by the community. Is that your opinion of respect for someone's effort? Letting it die! Letting this guide 'die down' not only wastes the effort of it but keeps it in it's state that makes it slightly misleading for others.

So your saying if someone can be helped by it it's good. I agree. All I'm saying is it would help MORE people MORE efficiently by making edits do they can see which one fits them best, not which strategy fits dry best
  11. Sanguinarius Platinum

XP:
    163,587xp
    makes new guide for beginners you mad bruh jk but it is helpful I always forget how to stab :confused:
  12. Sad Emerald

XP:
    885,564xp
    As a *I would say* good ghostcraft player, this is basically a increased version of the original book. It outlines the main functions and main classes. It also outlines the broad strategy needed to be employed to successful //track// the ghost and be aware. Not many details in specified maps and such.

Which isn't bad, it just isn't good at the same time. Most players on ghostcraft aren't new players per say due to it's small playerbase. Making a very high tech detailed guide is better for the community, is what Murante was saying, I think, maybe, kinda. Yea.
    Murante likes this.
  13. Murante Regular Member

XP:
    935xp
    This is exactly what I was trying to say. It has a good base, but we should all contribute to make edits to make it better that the place it is now.
  14. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Then maybe you should take this guide and rewrite it rather than just posting the same thing over and over. o_O