1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Class Suggestion Commander

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Creativion, Oct 20, 2014.

Class Suggestion - Commander | Page 2
?

Do you like this class for Annihilation?

Yes! 72 vote(s) 73.5%
No! 6 vote(s) 6.1%
It needs some work. 20 vote(s) 20.4%
  1. bowpingpong Platinum

XP:
    50,643xp
    Remove the pug.

2. moikka434 Emerald

XP:
    155,423xp
    I think that Commander's territory should not reduce the damage made by enemy players. The +1 damage already turns the tide of the battle by half a heart every hit and -1 damage caused by enemy players technically doubles the advantage. It is just too much.

Otherwise good suggestion, though the pig is pretty unnecessary.
  3. drewko09 Platinum

XP:
    216,380xp
    Please no pig or horse shotbow already has a crap ton of lag and mounts sound cool but the lag would be killer.
  4. ZentzVB Platinum

XP:
    22,641xp
    pug
  5. bowpingpong Platinum

XP:
    50,643xp
    Damn, i miss write pig D:
  6. Redzenn Platinum

XP:
    42,367xp
    The reason I don't really want this is because it's almost like the ability is debuffing the user. Why would you want to use a class if it only debuffs yourself? Sure, it has other abilities, and you help teammates, but for me it wouldn't seem very fair.
    I don't think it would cause lag. I am almost leaning more toward removing it due to popular vote. But lag will not be a problem, unless there were too many pigs.
    I do have a debuff where players in the Territory when it gets destroyed are given weakness for 5 seconds as a debuff. So if enemies enter, they only do less damage for a short time if they destroy it. It would provide two functions, dealing damage or defending with a large amount of players with the buff, such as a mid base and shooting arrows, or mid itself. Enemies cannot rush straight into the territory, because your team can deal even MORE damage. It could give it either an attacking purpose, defending purpose, or both. I guess it could be too much, but I'm not seeing it.

The pig is for an extra ability, but I didn't want it to have all those and a quick, amazing horse. So, an amazing pig would be his help for running fast around. It may be unnessacary as I said before, but pigs are pretty kewl though. But WHATEVER, I can see it not be added as well. It's not really the main thing in the class, it's just an extra little boost.
  7. bowpingpong Platinum

XP:
    50,643xp
    I wasn't complain about the lag, i complain because it will make him an easy target
  8. Redzenn Platinum

XP:
    42,367xp
    I know, I was talking to Drewko for that part. For the easy target... Who cares? It will make you go a bit faster after a while. If you want to be sneaky... be sneaky! Like I mentioned, you can holster, or remove the pig if you don't want it by shift-right clicking on it with the Carrot on a Stick.
  9. Stormy Gold

XP:
    74,232xp
  10. Methelin Emerald

XP:
    12,461xp
    If this class will be in game, I'll buy it and set the territory in any map's diamond mine. :3
    Creativion likes this.
  11. Stormy Gold

XP:
    74,232xp
    what if instead of enemies getting 1- damage they get slow 1 instead?
  12. Ballos Regular Member

XP:
    5,267xp
    I would suggest making the cool-down longer but other than that damn this class is good. I mean think about it people could make strongholds and hide the flag somewhere and just camp defenses, it would help so much against strength rushes. I would buy it.
  13. The_Melonmancer Platinum

XP:
    11,251xp
    For the record, the base-map should only show the latest version of the enemy base if an ally has already been there - This would add a use for scouting, and increase teamwork.

Also, Melons. I'm the Melonmancer. Gotta put this in every comment.
  14. EightyPercent Platinum

XP:
    6,618xp
    I like the class, as most experienced anni players know, there's usually a squad leader, clan leader, group leader of most Rushes, defence games, mid games, etc. That one person that calls the shots, this class would be giving a formal 'rank' if you will to the leader of a rush, defence, w/e.

There are some things you failed to address or I failed to notice, and if that's the case, that's my bad. If the commander dies, does his territory die aswell? This is a very crucial thing, and determines the gameplay of this class. Also, you mentioned that the Commander gets slowness for 5 seconds when placing the territory, early in your post but later you listed in the 'cons' that you get slowness for 3 seconds. Can't be both :stuck_out_tongue:

I like that you made the class's companion a pig instead of a horse, for horses are known to be very glitchy combat wise and would give the class a combat advantage, and it would also be op to be able to travel so fast using a horse, specially after dying and just spawning a horse and chasing down your killer. But the pigs usefulness is really only theatrical, giving the class the ability to 'charge into battle' and in my opinion, not very useful because it's very hard riding pigs.
  15. Mr_Claym0re Platinum

XP:
    41,195xp
    A class that is built on teamplay.
    I like it, it's a great way for teams to plan attacks without giving any unbalanced buffs.

Saunders, go add this.
    Ztich95 likes this.
  16. Alzi Silver

XP:
    27,138xp
    I do have to say remove the pig - sorry porky. Anyway, yeah I like it. It should break when you die. Apart from this I want this class added!!!
  17. MOAB4leader Platinum

XP:
    43,986xp
    You should get blindness III when using your map, this in my mind would make it more balanced.
    Ztich95 likes this.
  18. TechoNinja Platinum

XP:
    186,791xp
    I think that the +1 -1 damage is fine, but the commander should also suffer, somewhat like the transporter and riftwalker. If this class is an assist class, the commander should receive a permanent slowness 1 weakness 1 debuff when the territory banner is put up as it puts the commander at a strategic position of staying alive, almost like a tp and they themselves should be weakened by the territory boost.
  19. EightyPercent Platinum

XP:
    6,618xp
    I don't think he should suffer a perm debuff effect. The transporter suffers by not being allowed to die, so in most cases not being able to use his own tp when it goes to another teams base or a skybridge to another team, but the transporter gets no perm weakness or slowness.

If you give the commander class a perm weakness slowness, the class will be horrible for actual gameplay, and not a lot of people will use it. And on top of the class getting a perm debuff effect, you want it to be weakened by the territory boost aswell?

Lol I don't think you realize that there would be an actual player playing the class, and nobody would play the most weakened class in the game.
  20. Mousespiderr Regular Member

XP:
    15,792xp
    This class realy need to come! It is realy good when you are with a Clan you can set a base nearby Enemy Base. And it is also very good with a TP base so the tp wouldnt be easy to destroy! Realy a good class!!!