1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

SO will WiR be for non-premium's or not?

Discussion in 'When in Rogue' started by xGAJx, Oct 20, 2014.

SO will WiR be for non-premium's or not?
  1. xGAJx Regular Member

XP:
    30,207xp
    I just heard on another one of those non-premium WiR thread's stating:

It's currently in the alpha pre-release and available primarily to premiums only. Though, once the game officially gets released, it will be for everyone.

So is this true?

2. ZentzVB Platinum

XP:
    22,641xp
    Buy premium and it won't matter :3
  3. Vegan_Atheist Platinum

XP:
    227,076xp
    WiR during alpha testing will likely be premium-only.

Once WiR is released fully, the current plan is to make it available to all (source: Mr_Darn).

Keep in mind either of the things I said above could change, but that is the current stance.
  4. xnx_ Platinum

XP:
    228,305xp
    Also note that on most weekends non prems can join if you want to test the gamemode which might help you decide whether or not to buy premium.

And before someone rages at me saying that its not open on the weekends, how do you explain the last 3 where it has been open to all players. Good thing i cant get my comment down voted on here,
  5. xGAJx Regular Member

XP:
    30,207xp
    I don't think spending $100 + on a minecraft server just to play a super buggy alpha and get a blue nametag is worth it, IMO. I don't like anything about it, and it's way too much to spend on a minecraft server. That's like 4 times how much the base Minecraft costs!
  6. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Well then you can buy silver which only costs $25, or quit whining and just don't play on Shotbow. WIR is not very buggy from what I can tell, and I can back it up with information since I actually played the game and enjoyed it.
    SnowblindGhost likes this.
  7. Dinocrafting Platinum

XP:
    27,884xp
    agree, but what do u think is better? Spending 100$ on shotbow where u can play unique gamemodes or spending 100$ or less on a normal survivalgames server? think about it
  8. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Shotbow by 10
  9. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    To be honest I don't find much bugs. The thing about it right now is it's empty and dull. It's just a dungeon run. No PVP yet, no quests, nothing.
    Or, buy subscriber like me. I can play WIR for a month, you can cancel it anytime, and pay three times and get silver. I just bought silver two weeks ago by paying subscriber twice. It's a great deal. Plus, gradient armor, an XP booster, respect, and happiness. All for 10$ or 6.50£.

Also, about the release,

Soon™
    llamacek likes this.
  10. Madzci Emerald

XP:
    189,342xp
    Yeah well this server costs more then base cost of one minecraft account and When in Rogue makes it cost even more,
    give that some thought next time.

It's your money so you choose what to do with it, reap the rewards of supporting the server or choose not to and don't complain when others get something you don't

Nothing is free in life and the sooner you realize that the better.
    atheil and SnowblindGhost like this.
  11. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    im silver and I can play wir.

now. please use the search function because these sort of threads or similar to the one about wir release has been posted many times.

people donate to keep the server running. if you don't like that you have to pay a high amount for it, then don't buy it and wait it out! simple as that.

edit: it takes 3 servers. 3! in for just one match of wir to work. you can imagine it would cost quite a lot of money if there was many players doing it.
  12. xGAJx Regular Member

XP:
    30,207xp
    Silver is temporary. Who in the right mind would want something like that?
    I didn't ask for it to be free. I understand why they can't make it premium instantly and do whatever non-premiums want. I just don't like how I have to spend THAT much.
  13. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    Silver is only three months, but by it again once it's expired and get gold with twice as much benefits and premium time! And three months is plenty of time to get 25 dollars
  14. xGAJx Regular Member

XP:
    30,207xp
    It may not be that much at once, but it grows and grows. $100 is ALOT to spend on a minecraft server. This reminds me of my WoW days, and it's the reason I quit.
  15. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    Good analogy. :stuck_out_tongue:
  16. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    *warning: kinda offtopic
    IF you reason (and all this is hypothetical, though backed up by my friend 19chiodowi) that Shotbow's overall cost to run is $500, and that there are around say 20k regular players, the cost per player is about 2.5 cents per month. Let's say, just to be fair, that it was actually $5k -- a quarter per month.

Shotbow itself's been around since Feb2k12, that's 2 years + 7 months = 31 months. That times the 2.5c = 77.5c, even if you'd been here the ENTIRE time (which about - what, 10% of us have been?). Okay, let's say it actually cost 5k - 7 bucks and 75 cents.
    The point: the generous/filthy rich people who buy premium (i know count myself among these :() more than keep up with Shotbow's costs; we can totally afford to have regulars, and thus prolly open WiR (hopefully soon enough).

please note that this is all hypothetical, if you have actual data you'll always trump me... though over the 2 years I've been here (cost for me: six bucks), I haven't seen any financial data.
  17. xGucciGang420 Silver

XP:
    10,253xp
    wot
  18. Sam_F_ Gold

XP:
    637,792xp
    lol, sorry; I realize now it's totally TL;DR for some of us at least. Let's leave this thread to die now.
  19. Sollux_Captor Platinum

XP:
    39,456xp
    no!! WiR is a premium only game mode. it is stated in the "go premium" page. and it has been stated that it will never be for non premiums
  20. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    Except on its official release date. o_O