1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion XP For Damaging the Ghost

Discussion in 'GhostCraft' started by Syphyous, Aug 31, 2014.

Suggestion - XP For Damaging the Ghost
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syphyous Platinum

XP:
    254,552xp
    XP for Damaging the Ghost

Basically, if you damage the ghost you will get XP for it. However you only get it at the end of the round.

1xp Is rewarded for each 2 hits on the ghost. (If you get an odd number, it is rounded down.)

This is just a small suggestion I thought of because I feel like if you damage the ghost a lot in a round and then die, you don't really get anything for it.

Tell me what you all think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

From peoples responses in this thread and other places, people do not seem to like this idea. So on that note:

REQUEST LOCK
    svdragster likes this.

2. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    If you damage the ghost a lot in a round and die, then you will likely become the ghost the next round. Being ghost is an opportunity to often get up to get over 150 XP. I'd say that this would make Ghostcraft too easy of a game for people just trying to get XP.
    DieDream likes this.
  3. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    It would probably be a bit too much xp, but I think ghostcraft needs more in order to attract more people.
  4. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    I disagree. I can make up to 1K XP within a couple hours playing Ghostcraft.
  5. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    You can do the same in anni or smash, why not in ghostcraft?
  6. Uranium232 Platinum

XP:
    64,493xp
    Step 1. Get Friend
    Step 2. Become Ghost
    Step 3. Punch for hours
    Step 4. XP Farm4leif
  7. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    Step 5. Get banned
  8. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
  9. Uranium232 Platinum

XP:
    64,493xp
    It doesn't matter if it's bannable. If it gets good xp and you get on at the right time, there won't be anyone on at the right time to report them. So even if it's bannable, bypassing it is easy if you have even a basic understanding of timing. :stuck_out_tongue:
  10. Syphyous Platinum

XP:
    254,552xp

Yeah, but you can get loads of XP from stuff like Anni because you just sit still and others do the work. I feel like there are some games that need either a higher xp give or give other games less XP give out.
  11. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Normally, an annihilation game (without killing people) will yield about 750 XP. Keep in mind that an Annihilation game can also take up to two hours. Regardless, Ghostcraft doesn't need any more XP given out.
  12. MOAB4leader Platinum

XP:
    43,986xp
    Says the guy who is a ass to play with, you were rude to everyone and gave bad tips. I try not to come across rude. But people aren't that good at the game, and don't always get to be ghost
    It is for those people so don't think people will just farm out of instinct.
    Do you even play other games because I never seen you in one or in the forums...

And yes this is a good idea but it should be out of hearts not hits...
  13. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Okay, then. First off, please refrain from personal insults when trying to prove a point. Secondly, I'm fairly active in the Annihilation forum and in-game.

For what reason do you consider this to be a good idea?
  14. MOAB4leader Platinum

XP:
    43,986xp
    One I edit it, I'm just saying your rude to people who aren't good at the game.
    Second it's a good idea for people who don't become ghost often.
    If people can't become a ghost then they won't be able to generate a lot of xp.
    This is why and really the only good reason because some people don't play it day in and day out to get good at the game.
  15. Syphyous Platinum

XP:
    254,552xp
    I feel this is becoming an argument. I had this thread opened with a simple suggestion. If this arguing continues, I may have to get the thread locked.

On topic: Yeah, I guess it would be good for those who aren't good at the game and don't become the ghost very often.
  16. svdragster Retired Staff

XP:
    490,876xp
    Adding more xp brings more players to the game. Some will only play for the xp, but some might discover how much fun this gamemode is.
    What's so extremely bad if you get as much xp in ghostcraft as in any other gamemode at the same time? If you have skill you of course get more xp. In annihilation you get more xp when you are good in pvp. In smash you get more xp if you have jump 'n' run skills aswell as pvp skills.
    So if you are a good ghost you get more xp, but this also adds when being good at spotting the ghost you receive more xp.
  17. worthless_hobo Platinum

XP:
    64,909xp
    Ghostcraft is a ton of fun, Ive been playing this gamemode for over a year now and can get over 2K an hour playing it, if we gave people XP for each damage (or 2 damage) we would get more people just trying to farm XP and spamming nades or bows at the spawnpoints just to get a hit. Id rather not see the game ruined because people are just trying to get easy XP. This game shouldnt be about playing for XP it should be about having fun and getting better as you play, with the XP being a side affect of hard work and dedication.
    Wunderpus likes this.
  18. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    This is true. The more skill you have at Ghostcraft, the more XP you get. However, this is really unnecessary.
    Could not have said it better myself.
    worthless_hobo likes this.
  19. 20thCenturyBoy Retired Staff

XP:
    184,049xp
    Creator requested a lock,

locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.