1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Battle sign useless?

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Shidonii, Jul 25, 2014.

Question - Battle sign useless?
  1. Sidokido Gold

XP:
    51,689xp
    Ok, so I got myself a battle sign because I wanted to farm some zombie kills with it. But apparantly, it doesn't work against zombies. So my question is: What use does this Battle sign have?

2. Cole5slaw Platinum

XP:
    116,195xp
    Only works against players. You can trade pretty good stuff if you meet someone south on PvE.
    In my vision, it encourages bandits. Which the admins try to avoid.
    What dungeon do you get the battle sign from?
  3. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    The battle sign is from dark mansion. Use http://minezwiki.net/wiki/Legendary_Items to see what legendaries do.
  4. Sidokido Gold

XP:
    51,689xp
    I think it is quite useless for me because I never am a bandit. Did it ever do damage to zombies? What is the reasoning behind it not doing damage to zombies? is it too OP? I went through a lot to get this sign. Cole5slaw said it encourages bandits and I agree.
  5. DuskShadowBrony Obsidian

XP:
    35,353xp
    It would be overpowered if it were to work on zombies, as it would mean infinite zombie kills. It would be far too easy to grind 5k with a battle sign.
  6. Sidokido Gold

XP:
    51,689xp

Yeah, that's what I thought was the reason why it doesn't do damage to zombies. Guess I'm just going to trade it with somebody for something.
    DuskShadowBrony likes this.
  7. atheil Platinum

XP:
    28,991xp
    battlesign = eZiest legendary ever
  8. Samstag1 Retired Staff

XP:
    18,630xp
    It's a pretty useful item if you are interested in PvP, however not that useful if you are playing PvE. Should it work on both zombies and players it would be very strong and break the balance between the current available items. Even if it would get changed to only work on zombies and not on players, it would be overpowered. Using it everyone could farm the 5000 zombie kills without much of a hassle to farm diamond swords (since it wouldn't break).

If you aren't interested in it (due to whatever reasons) you can always try to trade it in for another legendary or diamond swords (or whatever you need for survival).
  9. ROCKET_BOSS Emerald

XP:
    54,592xp
    The Sacrificial Sword is pretty pathetic to get, too.
  10. d3greaser Regular Member

XP:
    37,242xp
    well duh, it should be. It's literally a weapon that nearly kills the user purposefully. I'd be pissed if I had to work hard to get a weapon like that.
  11. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp

It's actually one of the most useful items in the game...if you are a troll, that is.

If you had good gear and you didn't want someone else to get your items and you were nearly dead, the Sacrificial Sword is pretty much the biggest troll item to use.

Also, the average northern Bandit would see the Battle Sign as useless because every bandit has a Diamond Sword.
  12. wundaba Gold

XP:
    12,823xp
    I actually found myself with full iron and splash III's against a clan of over 20+ people..using the sacrificial sword in moments like that makes you feel proud.
  13. ROCKET_BOSS Emerald

XP:
    54,592xp
    I meant it was really easy to actually GET it.
  14. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp

Exactly why it's the best troll item in the game.
  15. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    I'd be willing to trade a full durability diamond sword for the battle sign just to have it. :wink: Always wanted to have one.
  16. Kirby2500 Gold

XP:
    79,781xp
    Battlesigns. Such a fun name to say to myself :stuck_out_tongue:

I don't see a huge use for them either. The only instance I can think of, is if you don't already have a diamond sword this will save dura on your iron sword (Which are your best in this case). I say the main thing preventing the Battlesign from gaining a main use are diamond swords.

I'm not saying anything needs to be done about this, especially seeing as people seem to like it enough as a collector's item. I'm just saying that if you're looking for a legendary item for legitimate use, I agree this isn't great. Just my opinion.