1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Can You Grab First?

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by lordbug, Jul 26, 2014.

Discussion - Can You Grab First? | Page 2
  1. lordbug Regular Member

XP:
    43,956xp

Thanks for the suggestion asdfca. I get the same result when pinging each of the addresses listed in the link your provided. I thought maybe it was a problem on my end, but I can ping various other addresses with no issue. For some reason all of the addy's listed for Shotbow are timing out.

2. 20thCenturyBoy Retired Staff

XP:
    184,049xp
    That's why I have suggested to test your issue with someone you know who can tell you what his or her ping is :wink:
  3. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    the way I grab people is by spamming both my left and right mouse buttons to grab them. other than that. they can only manage to kill me approximately 37.80% lf the time via grabs
  4. Sad Emerald

XP:
    885,564xp
    Tip if you have to deal with the problem: grabbing the other person while grabbed cancels there grab.

You can also anticipate when they are going to grab and spam shift/hold shift then grab them.
  5. Text Regular Member

XP:
    13,025xp
    Han grabbed first.
    asdfca likes this.
  6. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    If your ping to shotbow sucks then no, if both players try to grab on the instant they are in range you cannot grab first. However, you can bait the grab by pressing shift just before they grab you (so you jump off before they get even a chance to throw you - as long as your ping is vaguely decent) and then grab them first while their grab is on cooldown.

Got and kept me at 1100 elo for most of this year.
    lordbug likes this.