1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Berserk - A melee kit idea

Discussion in 'GhostCraft' started by elmodag, Sep 10, 2013.

Discussion - Berserk - A melee kit idea
  1. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    So, I recently reposted my Portal Bow idea. My image of it was for it to be used to attack the ghost, but compiled from active members of the forum, in reality a bow that teleports you around can be very annoying. So here is another.

Kit name: Berserk. Yes, same concept as the Anni kit, just in a different way.

Main weapon: Wood sword or stick. The way it works is the first hit on the ghost only does 1/2 heart of damage. Then, the next hit would do 1 heart of damage. The next 1 1/2 of damage, and so on. Obviously, a cap would be necessary. Maybe around 3 or 3 1/2 hearts of damage. To me, this kit evens itself out. In the pre-game, the weapon is ineffective. But if you keep attacking the ghost with it, it can be the most powerful.

Boosters: 2 sugar and 1 feather

Other: Maybe a compass to add some variety?

Armor: Chain legs would suffice.

I brainstormed the kit with CentillionAir here: http://www.reddit.com/r/MineZ/comments/1m2ej6/992013_state_of_the_shotbow_regular_content/cc58w2j

As always, feedback, criticism and suggestions are encouraged. We need to figure out a new class so lets get thinking!

2. Uranium232 Platinum

XP:
    64,493xp
    This kit sounds pretty good. It's pretty strong but not op. My only suggestion is it could either have a compass or boosters, not both.

Edit: Some more armor would be nice too.

Edit 2: How would you prevent click-spamming to attack? If you need to hit the ghost to boost damage, won't that encourage click-spamming, or reduce the usability of the kit? A person who could infinitely attack a ghost is pretty op.
  3. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    Swinging and missing takes down the durability of a weapon. Just like any other sword, click-spamming would have a negative effect.
  4. Bracko Emerald

XP:
    238,128xp
    That's... pretty cool actually. Nice idea. :D
  5. Uranium232 Platinum

XP:
    64,493xp
    But if it requires hitting the ghost to do more damage, won't the sword be pretty useless? Most people can't hit the ghost 8 times, which is the minimum hits required to boost the weapon to do more damage than an iron sword.
  6. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    8 times is way off. An iron sword does 2 hearts of damage consistently to the ghost. That would be 3 hits to match the iron sword. From there, the sword would be more powerful.
  7. Uranium232 Platinum

XP:
    64,493xp
    If the sword does 1/2 a heart the first time, and 1 heart the next, it would take 8 hits for the damage of one sword swing to be more than that of an iron sword. Correct me if I'm wrong on how the sword works though.
  8. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    First hit does 1/2. Next does 1 heart. Next does 1 1/2. Next does 2. At this point, its the same as iron. So 4 hits, not 3 as I previously said.
  9. metri Platinum

XP:
    662,082xp
    If the plugin could be coded so that it has about as much durability as say, support's sword, I think it could work really well. Definitely boosters, speed in particular.
  10. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    I agree. Sugar would be crucial so that the user has the opportunity to get a lot of hits on the ghost.
  11. metri Platinum

XP:
    662,082xp
    It'd be kind of like a modified Hunter class really. Would it be a bought class?
    We've had another free class coming for a while now.

For armor: Gold pants, Nothing else.
  12. elmodag Retired Staff

XP:
    41,427xp
    We don't have too much control over that factor. Up to the staff.