1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Anime Discussions Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ju1cY_0n3, Aug 31, 2013.

Anime Discussions Thread
  1. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    If you are posting anime that is R rated for any reason, (can be found by using http://www.hummingbird.me or http://www.myanimelist.net, please say so.)

IF YOUR POST HAS SPOILERS PLEASE POST A [SPOILER] TAG IN THE BEGINNING WITH AN EPISODE NAME!

Well, I am quite an anime fan, and I know most of the people here are too, so why not start one of these?

I had an anime discussion in the chat a couple days ago with Navarr and some of the other users, and thoroughly enjoyed myself, it actually is the only thing that took me away from my anime addiction during the time I could watch it.

So, I'll start it out with a currently airing anime that I wanted to like, but actually dropped after the first 2 episodes. "Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!" I really wanted to like this anime, but the first 2 episodes were slow and sort of boring, so I dropped it, I may pick it back up in the future, but I am unsure.

Next anime, Attack on Titan, I really am enjoying this anime, although it is slow paced, it is also packed with information that relates to a more realistic feel to it, instead of the constant action packed things we are used to now.

2. Renetubby Regular Member

XP:
    3,702xp
    Honestly, I'm only into a few animes. The big one being Naruto. Idk what it is about ninjas soaring through trees and using the elements at their disposal, but to me it's just plain awesome.

The other anime I really like is Pokemon. I know what you're thinking, "This little nub likes all of the more famous animes," and that;s the case because I don't like anime enough to go actually search for some other good ones, but once you get me hooked on a show, I'm hooked.
  3. Asutoro Emerald

XP:
    48,654xp
    Have you by any chance seen the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.. or any of it's rebuild movies?
  4. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    Definitely on my watch list, I am hoping to start it soon, but I have school starting on Tuesday, so I may need to binge it all of Sunday night to Monday night.
  5. Asutoro Emerald

XP:
    48,654xp
    The series is mostly psychological based, but the rebuild movies is way more action and less psychological (and have better graphics ^^.) Sad though because the final rebuild movie probably won't be out until 2015/16, and that's in Japanese :/
  6. AkatoshKnight Gold

XP:
    96,337xp

Totally agree :3 Naruto FTW
    Read this thread ChrisWoW made about anime: http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/67792/
  7. ColonolKAITO Obsidian

XP:
    23,767xp
    SPEAKING OF PSYCHOLOGICAL ANIMES
    Go and watch the first and second seasons of Higurashi no naku koro ni. Best anime I have seen so far, and no other anime has changed my mind :3
  8. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    If you like Psychological Animes, watch Serial Experiments Lain.
  9. Mustard_Bong Silver

XP:
    26,257xp
    Anyone seen Sword Art Online? That's kinda amazing, the part about how a game can become real life, forcing people to continue fighting, and having a strong will, as well as realizing the danger to dying since you for one life.... I wonder if they'll have the MOBA Game like SAO kind of....
  10. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp
    I don't really like Anime but I'm pretty sure Pokemon counts so that would be my big one. Unfortunately, I hate the new ones.
  11. AkatoshKnight Gold

XP:
    96,337xp
    Pokemon does count as anime :3
    Old pokemon was good, now they just ruined it.
    But I'm more of a Gen4 person, not a Gen1 person.
  12. kwinstuh Gold

XP:
    42,008xp

I have!! I love Sword Art Online!! It was such a nice concept and the art was beautiful. If you like the gaming aspect of it you might want to check out 'BTOOOM!'. It's not MMO but it's still gaming based with similar themes of fighting to survive etc.

Angel Beats is one of my favorite animes of all time. It has humor, action, romance & a very nice soundtrack.
    Blast of the Tempest started off okay but got really slow towards the end.
    Vampire Knight is a romance which got kind of slow but picked up towards the end.
    Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East: Adventure, fighting, fun.
    The Unlimited Hyobu Kyosuke: Very unique and interesting storyline, one of my favorites but it's somewhat short.

At the moment I'm watching Attack on Titan & I recommend you all to check it out.

Do anime movies count? Because I feel like everyone should watch some Studio Ghibli at least a few times in their lives .. (Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Ponyo, Castle in the Sky..)
  13. AkatoshKnight Gold

XP:
    96,337xp
    Studio Ghibli's movies are so sad sometimes....*sniff*
    They made some game called Ni No Kuni, and damn its like a magical based game, a bit like Final Fantasy's battle system with monsters you capture.
  14. kwinstuh Gold

XP:
    42,008xp
    I wanted to watch Grave of the Fireflies (I think) but all my friends have told me not to cause it's supposed to be really sad. Which ones are your favorite? & I'll have to check this game out!
  15. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    Lazer, don't get any ideas or I will murder you.
  16. kwinstuh Gold

XP:
    42,008xp
    If I could like your post I would, over and over :')
    Admins would love watching that wouldn't they ..
  17. XDGrangerDX Gold

XP:
    14,322xp
    I doubt that lazer would be able to force somebody to never leave a game again thou.

I liked SAO alot but the first part (where they were in the SAO game) was alot better than the second part (whit the flying n stuff where Asuna just was locked away all the time)

Btw studio Ghibi, id recommend watching Mononoke Hime.
  18. kwinstuh Gold

XP:
    42,008xp
    Idk .. back when I used to play .. 10 hours of MineZ a day was a bit much. X_x. This was when I had school too.
    & I'll check it out :)
  19. NeontheSniper Regular Member

XP:
    26,683xp
    Has anyone seen Soul Eater, Attack on Titan, or Dangan Ronpa?
  20. XDGrangerDX Gold

XP:
    14,322xp
    I have seen a feew espiodes of the first two but i canceled them.
    I didnt like Shingeki no kojin (thats the japanese name of Attack on titan), guess im one of the few who dont like it.
    Soul eater because i had not enough time.

I never heard about the third, about what is the story?

Currently im watching Highschool D:lmao:.