1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Servers Proxy update rolled to fix the dupe bugs...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HighlifeTTU, Apr 17, 2013.

Servers - Proxy update rolled to fix the dupe bugs...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp
    I know many of you have been frustrated by some of the dupe bugs lately. We've been very busy rolling the new website, the XP system to all game modes, Wasted, and Gun Game. However, we allocated some time this morning to redo our proxy system using a more enterprise approach. As a result, it is now impossible to have the same user connected anywhere else on the network at the same time. This effectively fixes any duping issues involving the anti-logger and connecting to a different server.

Also, be aware that I've been much more aggressive than I was in the past. Those who were banned from duping not only had their main accounts banned, but we tracked their IP and banned all their alts. To those who got banned, tough luck. Duping is by far the most frustrating thing for us. You know it is wrong, yet you continue to do it. It has cost us hundreds of hours of development time to continue to stop you. We could have implemented so many awesome things if not for you dupers. So realize if you have been banned, you will not be unbanned. Ever. If you do get caught duping in the future for something else, be aware we are ruthless. If you get banned for duping and we find out you have a new alt, I will personally ban that alt. That is how serious I am about duping.

Thanks to everyone who plays MineZ without using exploits. Hopefully this levels the playing field once again.

2. pup2551 Gold

XP:
    12,606xp
    Thank you.
    MrNomNom111, Imaguy1337 and tristn9 like this.
  3. TimeTraveler104 Gold

XP:
    20,793xp
    I think that I speak for the whole [leaving out the dupers] MineZ community when I say that this is a really great thing to have been done, and hopefully another exploit will NOT be discovered [by the community, hopefully the developers will find them first.] in the future. Thank you developers!
  4. FattyGotsGuns Platinum

XP:
    519,636xp
    Thank you Highlife! I for one have never had to deal with a duper or any duped items in MineZ (at least i don't think i have) but I know several people who just want to play the game for pure enjoyment who can't because of dupers. Thank you for providing all of us an enjoyable platform for which to play.
    tristn9 likes this.
  5. SarkMCPFan Platinum

XP:
    639,058xp
    Im thankful as well. Thanks. :)
    tristn9 likes this.
  6. Prophettt Platinum

XP:
    8,067xp
    Finally! Now I won't people see saying things like: "Selling speed pot for a stack of bread" anymore! Thank you, Highlife, and Lazertester obviously!
    Imaguy1337 and tristn9 like this.
  7. ElectricSparx Platinum

XP:
    27,022xp
    Hooray for a duper-less ShotBow!
    Imaguy1337 and tristn9 like this.
  8. JWaggles Emerald

XP:
    66,514xp
    NOOOO I WAS JUST GETTING STARTED!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
    lol
  9. connection_lost Silver

XP:
    12,576xp
    There are still other ways to dupe because this cannot explain how people have 2 (or even more) speed pots.
  10. TimeTraveler104 Gold

XP:
    20,793xp
    Thats because at one point, speed pots were NOT soulbound.
  11. Smyly Platinum

XP:
    10,164xp
    Thank God. gg k_steele
  12. connection_lost Silver

XP:
    12,576xp
    could someone explain more please? imma noob
  13. TimeTraveler104 Gold

XP:
    20,793xp
    Soulbound: When you can drop something, but it will disappear instead of just being an item you can pick up
  14. Austenified Platinum

XP:
    517,691xp
    Good to hear, honestly dupers are a cancer and need to be eradicated.
  15. PinkAng3l Platinum

XP:
    30,672xp
    This is good to hear :) hopefully we'll have no more dupers :3
  16. pigfish99 Regular Member

XP:
    8,662xp
    Thank you, Highlife. :D I've never seen one myself (what a noob I am), but this is good news.
  17. Imaguy1337 Platinum

XP:
    6,546xp
    Yay!
    I love that you are ruthelessly attacking the plague of the MineZ community :)
    (250th post! Yay!)
  18. nic572 Regular Member

XP:
    10,160xp
    was that seriously why it was uber-laggy yesterday because of those retards
  19. fmthemaster Gold

XP:
    52,367xp
    There is a very simple dupe amno glich in wasted that people use even withoit wanting, basucly with 2 amno stacks u can make ure amno un endeble, its so easy I think develppers have figured out how, of not pm me and I' ll pm u with the explanation
  20. Bedantis Platinum

XP:
    18,644xp
    Great update
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.